• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Hi. I am a genuine timeshare scammer.

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think thats the funny part. He comes off as a pathetic person who's biggest issue is not that he is a thief, it's that hes a terrible parent and spouse. What a trade off for money, very sad.

:hysterical: :rofl: Sorry, but this thread is certainly helping my disposition. Even if he is the 'bug time scammer' that he claims to be, he would certainly be smarter than to make himself look so ignorant, when he talks about his 'personal life'.[/QUOTE]

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This whole thread started out strange and has certainly tapered off from there. It needs to be put out of it's misery.

Jim

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
How much do you expect to make?

I bought my most recent batch of 130 leads for $2,500. They were from November, 2011.

So, Scammer, of these 130 leads many will be cold but others will be easy marks. After going through one scamming cycle (i.e. including follow-up scams) for these 130 leads how much revenue would you expect to get? $25K, $100K?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Euthanasia recommended...

This whole thread started out strange and has certainly tapered off from there. It needs to be put out of it's misery.

Fwiw, I wholeheartedly agree. :clap:

Reaction score
Guys and gals.....all the name calling and innuendos should be stopped as this will certainly piss off the scammer and he will never return. Keep your judgements to yourself or send him a PM (he will probably not read those).

Seriously, the guy knows he is doing something wrong and if he admits going to call girls....so what.

I really want to hear from him about the process and thought behind WHY he chooses a life of scam rather than doing something less scamfull (i.e. be a lawyer and charge $400 per hour as they are the biggest scammers out there).

How much money does he make, how much does his boss make and we are all forgetting the MOST important thing (he left clues)........WHERE the HELL does he get his LEADS from. He implied that it may be someone like a legitimate timeshare company (i.e. Marriott or Westgate???).

That is the real story....who is Selling the leads to the scammers.

If the lead generators (i.e. virtual body snatchers) can be stopped, then the scammers will stop.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
WHERE the HELL does he get his LEADS from. He implied that it may be someone like a legitimate timeshare company (i.e. Marriott or Westgate???).

That is the real story....who is Selling the leads to the scammers.

If the lead generators (i.e. virtual body snatchers) can be stopped, then the scammers will stop.

Let's say he tells us that he gets the leads from Marriot or Westgate, so what? Are you going to personally call the CEO? Are we really going to believe what this guy says?

I agree with the others, that this thread is ridiculous, and I'm willing to bet the OP is laughing his @$$ off.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sit here with a smile on my face reading your posts. You are easier to read than most. You are not nearly as smart as you think, just remember that when your son wants to know why Daddy is in jail. By nature, people who do what you do are only average intelligence, just have more balls than most. No need to grace us with one more day, crawl back under you rock tonight.
this is my sentiment exactly. In my former years, I have prosecuted thousands of people with this attitude, thinking they were smarter then the system and had all the angles figured out. Unfortunately for them, they aren't that smart. The OP will find this out soon enough, and when the wire fraud and tax evasion charges come down, among others, the OP will be singing another tune.

The most ammusing part of the post to me, is that the OP thinks that using basic software like Tor or even an anonymous proxy (probably a public one because he lacks the technical skills to hack and root his own box and set up his own proxy), as well as using a pay as you go cell phone (which fyi triangulates your position and can still be tapped to record your voice mid-scam), as well as using various shell companies liscensed out of state, and wire transfers (which by the way can and have been more actively monitored by our FBI since 9/11), is enough to cover his tracks. Let me tell you first hand, this is not enough. The only reason you haven't been caught yet, is luck. Luck that you've either stayed under the radar, or luck that they are frying a big fish before they get to you.

Now that I'm out of the prosecution ranks, and make my living defending idiots like yourself that thought they had all the moves planned out, let me give you some words of advice. I know for a fact that you are not stashing money overseas, quite frankly you don't have that much. So my advice to you(besides stop scamming) is to STOP spending all your money. Mark my words you will need every penny dearly for legal fees when(not if) you get caught. Most importantly, if you want to have any hope of being around for the family you supposedly love, you better have an ace up your sleeve. And the only Ace you have is where you get your leads from. That is the only thing(besides weak evidence) that would have prevented me from pursuing the Maximum sentences allowable (10 years each for tax and wire fraud charges). But even then, the plea deal you would get wouldnt be a drop in the hat, and fyi you are required to complete 85% of your federal sentence before you are eligible for parole.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's say he tells us that he gets the leads from Marriot or Westgate, so what? Are you going to personally call the CEO? Are we really going to believe what this guy says?

I agree with the others, that this thread is ridiculous, and I'm willing to bet the OP is laughing his @$$ off.

If you don't like the thread, don't come back to it. Others find this information very valuable.

I believe this guy is a real scammer because he has so much detailed information on the operations and that information is consistent with what I've seen. Unfortunately, he hasn't provided much usable information. If he did, you would know that he is fake.

It sounds like he is moving into legitimate business. That's good. There is a ton of money to be made honestly. He is extremely smart and would out execute just about everyone I've read on this board in a legit business.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
this is my sentiment exactly. In my former years, I have prosecuted thousands of people with this attitude, thinking they were smarter then the system and had all the angles figured out. Unfortunately for them, they aren't that smart. The OP will find this out soon enough, and when the wire fraud and tax evasion charges come down, among others, the OP will be singing another tune.

The most ammusing part of the post to me, is that the OP thinks that using basic software like Tor or even an anonymous proxy (probably a public one because he lacks the technical skills to hack and root his own box and set up his own proxy), as well as using a pay as you go cell phone (which fyi triangulates your position and can still be tapped to record your voice mid-scam), as well as using various shell companies liscensed out of state, and wire transfers (which by the way can and have been more actively monitored by our FBI since 9/11), is enough to cover his tracks. Let me tell you first hand, this is not enough. The only reason you haven't been caught yet, is luck. Luck that you've either stayed under the radar, or luck that they are frying a big fish before they get to you.

Now that I'm out of the prosecution ranks, and make my living defending idiots like yourself that thought they had all the moves planned out, let me give you some words of advice. I know for a fact that you are not stashing money overseas, quite frankly you don't have that much. So my advice to you(besides stop scamming) is to STOP spending all your money. Mark my words you will need every penny dearly for legal fees when(not if) you get caught. Most importantly, if you want to have any hope of being around for the family you supposedly love, you better have an ace up your sleeve. And the only Ace you have is where you get your leads from. That is the only thing(besides weak evidence) that would have prevented me from pursuing the Maximum sentences allowable (10 years each for tax and wire fraud charges). But even then, the plea deal you would get wouldnt be a drop in the hat, and fyi you are required to complete 85% of your federal sentence before you are eligible for parole.

I agree that he has not properly factored in the probability of getting caught multiplied by the likely penalty and jail time in his opportunity cost assessment of his current scam businesses.

Posting on this message board is not a good idea. He left a trail with his own email address. However, like you have concluded, it is not likely anyone will see him as a big enough fish to go after him. That is what he is banking on.

I recall vividly a discussion one of my profs had in a probability and statistics course I took undergrad. He was talking about several incredibly creative scams and heists. He said something that struck me. He said that the most consistent method that authorities used to catch these people is that the perpetrators find it irresistable to brag/talk about what they have done. Mr Scammer is doing the same.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score

The one thing I disagree with is your comment on how "smart" this guy is. The scammers are incredibly smart. To pull off what they do takes talent. It is the same type of talent that is required to be successful in legit business.

Will he get caught? Perhaps. He probably figured out that he would eventually get caught if he didn't do something different.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've also come to realize how absurdly complicated being a timeshare owner is.
Not necessarily. It's complicated to squeeze the last few nickels out of it. But, the way *most* people use it, it's really pretty simple, even though it isn't quite as efficient. And, most of those people are pretty happy with what they've bought, even if it wasn't necessarily the cheapest way to go about it.

What's more, most of the regulars here really treat timesharing itself as a hobby. Like most hobbies, the amount of time (and money) you can spend on it is unbounded. A few treat it as a business. And, a small subset of those people are pretty good at what they do.

But, TUGgers are not representative of "average timeshare owners".

Last edited:

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
exactly,

I tell my son, if you spend part of your day doing something illegal, there are 10 people who have dedicating thier lives and work full time trying to catch you so I like thier odds much better than yours if you took that path. On a scale of 1 to 10, he is covering his tracks at about a 4. They take their papers home at night , WOW, what a smart move, I guess nobody has thought of that before. I love that he thinks he won't get caught, they never do LOL

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't like the thread, don't come back to it. Others find this information very valuable.

I'll choose what I want to read. Can you share what you find valuable in this entire thread? Just curious, perhaps I've missed something, but so far, I don't see anything in this thread that provides any benefit.

When the OP started bragging about the money and call girls and stuff like that, what's the motivation of providing that? He's just trying to stir everyone up. I don't believe he's real.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

More seriously, think about what this implies (assuming for the moment it is true):
I bought my most recent batch of 130 leads for $2,500.
Figure 130 leads is maybe a week's worth of tour flow at a reasonably large resort. If the insider with access gets even half of that $2,500, s/he is going to find a way to extract the information, no matter how hard you try to make it, unless you go to bank-level processes. And, even then, there will be some leaks.

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe this guy is a real scammer because he has so much detailed information on the operations and that information is consistent with what I've seen. Unfortunately, he hasn't provided much usable information. If he did, you would know that he is fake.

It sounds like he is moving into legitimate business. That's good. There is a ton of money to be made honestly. He is extremely smart and would out execute just about everyone I've read on this board in a legit business.

Completely agree that he is for real, but I don't see where he is moving into a legitimate business, but he would be smart to do so before he gets caught :shrug: :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

More seriously, think about what this implies (assuming for the moment it is true):

Figure 130 leads is maybe a week's worth of tour flow at a reasonably large resort. If the insider with access gets even half of that $2,500, s/he is going to find a way to extract the information, no matter how hard you try to make it, unless you go to bank-level processes. And, even then, there will be some leaks.
yes, his leads(or that particular scam industry in general)are likely the result of dumpster diving due to poor disposal of sensitive info (think wyndham and their "trade secrets" that were published) or even potentially an employee on the take disseminating that info for extra cash. Either or are not very good bargaining chips for the OP and a potential plea deal.

Last edited:

Margariet

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it is ironic that some Tuggers believe the postings of the OP. If the OP is a professional scammer why would you believe him/her now? Most scammers and sales persones lie all the time. Even when they don't have to lie, they lie. It has become a second nature. They lie, they hide, they cheat, they cover, they are paranoid all the time. They think everyone else is doing the same or are suckers. We are suckers because we listen to the scammers because we are polite. The scammer is a terrific listener and he/she just tells us what we want to hear. Don't fall for it. Like a good friend of mine and lawyer always says: just start with not to believe anything.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Even if this guy is for real, he hasn't posted a single item in this thread that we didn't already know. It's naive to think he is going to post inside info. that might actually put him or his sources at risk.

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
......he hasn't posted a single item in this thread that we didn't already know.......

That is only because you are smarter than the rest of us. There were a number of things he said that I had never thought of or ever considered.

George

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is only because you are smarter than the rest of us. There were a number of things he said that I had never thought of or ever considered.

George

Seriously? Like what?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
That is only because you are smarter than the rest of us.

No - it's because it's already been posted on TUG - it's old news...

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if this guy is for real, he hasn't posted a single item in this thread that we didn't already know. It's naive to think he is going to post inside info. that might actually put him or his sources at risk.

There was plenty he posted that I didn't know. Might be retread to many of the TUG O.G.s, but much of it was new and interesting to me, albeit pathetic. I do believe that he is both legit and cocky. A silly troll would likely have made short and inflammatory remarks, namecalling and the like. Rather, the OP's posts were very deliberate and calculating.

If he is moving into legitimate business, it will only be part of a portfolio of illegitimate businesses, which he acknowledges that he already partakes in that are more sophisticated than timeshare scamming. Because he has chosen this path, my guess is that he will eventually be caught, and he may be hoping that if he does, he will have socked away enough money in far enough places for his family not to starve while he is "away", which he also hopes will be short enough for him to have many enjoyable years afterward.