• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek--someone here sure messed up

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I agree I think the front desk would have had the same problem if they couldn't find the reservations in the computer even if Cindy had presented written confirmations dated the same day from RCI.

Sounds similar to the problem rrlongwell had at Edisto. Except he/she claimed to show up for a Wyndham reservation with confirmation in hand and had trouble getting her reserved unit.

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonnett Creek is hands down my favorite resort. We visit at least 3 times a year. I am so sorry that Cindy had such an awful experience. Mistakes happen, but for me anyway, rarely at Bonnett Creek. The staff is usually friendly and accomodating. If there is ever a problem in our Unit, I call and get it fixed. We have never had to go through a lost reservation experience. (thank goodness!) I would encourage Cindy to write a letter to the resort manager, and maybe Wyndham corporate. They should not have incompetent staff working! It makes a bad name for the whole resort! Maybe the girls were new, if so, where was the supervisor? Why wasn't the night manager handling this personally? It is so upsetting when my "home resort" gets such bad comments! Cindy and family, I sure hope you are enjoying your vacation now that the room situation is fixed.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
And for those of you who are/were smug about the OP not having the paper copy

rickandcindy23 said:
Even seeing the written confirmations, when we forwarded them to these two buffoons' personal email accounts, they couldn't see the difference between the two confirmations. We pointed out that there were two different relation numbers. Apparently it was something they never saw before.

An electronic copy was forwarded to the front desk clerks, who obviously were too low on the totem pole to have a Wyndham email account.

Last edited:

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I too have had lousy customer service at BC in the last year. I think that BC has gotten so big they can hardly keep up with maintenance, training and hiring quality people.

This is really sad as I use to go about once a month if not more. I cannot tell you the last time I have stayed at BC. Last yesr Ii had a horrible experience when my son was in a soccer tournament, got locked out of the room, the lock was broken and it took 4 hours to finally get in the room past midnight, and my son had to play early the next day. He was crying from being tired and needing sleep to perform the next day. They finally after midnight gave us another room, and did not offer to move our items. we were lugging our items from one tower to another after midnight.

Wyndham, did give me Back my points for the night, but when you experience this we were ready to stay at the Omni like the rest of the team. Sad lesson to learn. We lost the game the next day as he was dragging on the field.

I still have the emotion when I revisit this experience. Also the couch in the room was peeling and looked horrible.

I can definately tell the quality has gone way down. WYN is over using the property by overselling rentals etc. to try for more sales

Don

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Chris,
I own alot of Wyndham points, but with my other ownerships, it can be much cheaper to trade into Bonnet Creek through RCI, so why should I waste the points. I am sure this is what Cindy was doing.

Oh I understand that because I do it myself. That's why I end up renting points from a megaowner instead of using my own many times. It's cheaper than even using my own points. :rolleyes:

It's just that this is one resort where the regular rooms and the Presidential units are just so much different that it's worth booking the Presidentials with that megaowner discount that you guys get. I believe that Cindy with her millions of points also gets that discount. I don't get it so I rent from someone who does and passes the savings onto me. ;)

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh I understand that because I do it myself. That's why I end up renting points from a megaowner instead of using my own many times. It's cheaper than even using my own points. :rolleyes:

It's just that this is one resort where the regular rooms and the Presidential units are just so much different that it's worth booking the Presidentials with that megaowner discount that you guys get. I believe that Cindy with her millions of points also gets that discount. I don't get it so I rent from someone who does and passes the savings onto me. ;)

Agreed.

[deleted]

The resort did accomodate Cindy with 2 rooms in the same tower with firework views. Those should be left for owners.

I would not make excuses for a team that lost a soccer game when one kid went to bed late. Maybe the other team just tried harder?

Last edited by a moderator:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not make excuses for a team that lost a soccer game when one kid went to bed late. Maybe the other team just tried harder?

Perhaps, but have you seen Don40's kid play? One word comes to mind: David Beckham. Okay, two words.

Don, just trying to help you out here.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

[deleted]

The resort did accomodate Cindy with 2 rooms in the same tower with firework views. Those should be left for owners.

It wasnt the whole resort that took care of Cindy that night, It was two specific employees at the resort that took care of her.

In my experience the fireworks views are assigned at the resort. And whether or not you are a Wyndham owner or even an owner at Bonnet creek makes little difference. From Cindy's post I would assume that they try to give the best rooms and the best views to folks that complain a lot (like Cindy). Heres why she was originally assigned a fireworks view (in her own words) Ironically, we had an email from a manager, who promised us units together, both with fireworks views.We had a guest a few months ago who was hassled endlessly by the sales department, and this manager wanted to make our stay special". Clearly Cindy is known here, not because she is a Wyndham Platinum Owner. Its because she demands a lot and complains effectively. ...Next week shes moving on to Blue Green, but her room better not be near the Highway

Someone has to get a room without a fireworks view, someone will get a dumpster view, and someone will be near the road. and someone will get the most beautiful room and view ever. Its clear that if we are at the same resort as Cindy, we wont get first choice...

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score

Yah, I was wondering about that! Soccer game was lost and it was the resort's fault?! Clearly I'm not that up on soccer, but I thought there were more people on the field than one kid?

I was a kid athlete and know that when there is rest needed, it can happen. I am lucky enough as an adult to be able to sleep most anywhere, and much of that is because as a kid, I had to. I don't believe that there was NO PLACE AT ALL for the boy to rest.

Making excuses teaches the kid that it isn't their fault, they were a victim. Not a good lesson.

But I am sorry that a resort evokes strong emotions about a lost soccer game.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whew, Ron doesn't mince words. I do not know Cindy and have not read enough of her posts to corroborate the attitude, hyper-demandingness, or sense of entitlement that you refer to. But I appreciate your contrarian perspective. It might even be spot on. I dunno.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whew, Ron doesn't mince words. I do not know Cindy and have not read enough of her posts to corroborate the attitude, hyper-demandingness, or sense of entitlement that you refer to. But I appreciate your contrarian perspective. It might even be spot on. I dunno.

I am wondering why it has not been edited yet.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We don't have FIREWORKS VIEWS. We have lake and pool views. We are in units 6901 and 6903. The resort is packed with people.

Everyone gets a fair chance at a great unit here. The units are really nice. Personally, I would rather be at the Hilton, but those 1-in-4 rules are just so annoying.

The nice manager that figured out the error has been VERY kind. I like him, even though I haven't spoken to him even once this trip, but Rick has, so I haven't been dealing directly. He did send a nice letter with the basket.

Everything that could go wrong pretty much did. Even the internet for the first two days was sketchy and not really working most of the last two days. The resort's manager (whatever his name is) sent the company from Brighthouse to fix the internet yesterday. It's working great today.

The nightmare is fading in my brain. I think the car seat issue was our last real annoyance with Wyndham, but they were looking for a car seat, that is what the manager said the next day, and the car seat was in a bag.

Here is a little snippet Rick got from the manager: He received several emails from the two women at check-in, and Rick kind of got from him that
the women were basically tattling on the night manager.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Cindy, let me join with those who are offering online hugs for the inconvenience. If it had happened at noon instead of midnight, I'll bet it would have been handled differently. No excuse for the night staff, certainly, but after a long travel day and hassle at the airport, perhaps it seemed worse than it might otherwise have been. I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Regarding the printing out of your confirmation documents: We had this discussion just a few days ago with friends we're traveling with to Mexico next week. I made a joke about how anal I get, that I always print out every email, confirmation, itinerary, coupon, and whatever other document I think I'll need on any trip. Then I place them (here's the totally anal part of this) in a certain pocket of the carryon I always use, in order of need. For example: (1)Car park reservation, then (2)airline confirmation and check-in documents, (3)car rental reservation, (4)timeshare reservation confirmation, (5)tour group reservation, etc. So the page at the front of the stack is the next page I need to use. When I need something, I know the next page is the next thing I'll be looking for. If I don't need it, or when I'm done with it, the page gets filed at the back of the stack, so the next front page is ready to produce in a flash if the need arises.

Is it overkill? Probably. Have I ever had an issue providing proof of something? Nope. At minimum, it's cheap insurance that I have the evidence, just in case I arrive late to check in to a timeshare and I get grief from the VI (that's Village Idiot) who is working the check-in desk. ;)

Enjoy your Orlando trip. I've heard it's the happiest place on Earth! :)

Dave

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Personally, I would rather be at the Hilton, but those 1-in-4 rules are just so annoying.

You could always sell some of those Wyn points and make room for an HGVC contract so you wouldn't have to deal with that 1 in 4.
Always seems to be room at the inn for HGVC owners. ;)

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding the printing out of your confirmation documents: We had this discussion just a few days ago with friends we're traveling with to Mexico next week. I made a joke about how anal I get, that I always print out every email, confirmation, itinerary, coupon, and whatever other document I think I'll need on any trip. Then I place them (here's the totally anal part of this) in a certain pocket of the carryon I always use, in order of need. For example: (1)Car park reservation, then (2)airline confirmation and check-in documents, (3)car rental reservation, (4)timeshare reservation confirmation, (5)tour group reservation, etc. So the page at the front of the stack is the next page I need to use. When I need something, I know the next page is the next thing I'll be looking for. If I don't need it, or when I'm done with it, the page gets filed at the back of the stack, so the next front page is ready to produce in a flash if the need arises.

Im exactly the same way. Yes, I bring my laptop, my slate, my phone, and all my other gadgets with me but its nice to have the paper right there in case you have crappy service, cant get on wifi, etc. :)

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

Is it overkill? Probably. Have I ever had an issue providing proof of something? Nope. At minimum, it's cheap insurance that I have the evidence, just in case I arrive late to check in to a timeshare and I get grief from the VI (that's Village Idiot) who is working the check-in desk. ;)

Dave

OMG Dave! I do this exact same thing. :hysterical:
Glad to see I'm not the only paranoid person out there. ;)

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG Dave! I do this exact same thing. :hysterical:
Glad to see I'm not the only paranoid person out there. ;)

I do this as well. I like to have everything in arms reach while traveling. Makes for a much smoother trip.

Renny30

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a joke about how anal I get, that I always print out every email, confirmation, itinerary, coupon, and whatever other document I think I'll need on any trip. Then I place them (here's the totally anal part of this) in a certain pocket of the carryon I always use, in order of need. For example: (1)Car park reservation, then (2)airline confirmation and check-in documents, (3)car rental reservation, (4)timeshare reservation confirmation, (5)tour group reservation, etc. So the page at the front of the stack is the next page I need to use. When I need something, I know the next page is the next thing I'll be looking for. If I don't need it, or when I'm done with it, the page gets filed at the back of the stack, so the next front page is ready to produce in a flash if the need arises.

That's me. Everything in order in a special file. Sticky notes if necessary. Just my way. Wish I could be a little less anal sometimes.

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone has to get a room without a fireworks view, someone will get a dumpster view, and someone will be near the road. and someone will get the most beautiful room and view ever. Its clear that if we are at the same resort as Cindy, we wont get first choice...

Cindy was not "bending our ears" because she didn't get a fireworks view. She just mentioned that information to stress that she had spoken with a manager about having 2 units prior to the trip. She was upset because they initially didn't have the units and kept saying she wasn't entitled to the units. It was eventually cleared up, but I think by her posting her experience, maybe another traveler might learn something from it. Although, again, I don't think having anything printed out would have changed these employees' atitudes.

The communication with the manager was done because a guest she sent was harassed by the sales staff on a previous visit. Ron, if sales staff harasses your guests, are you going to sit back and allow that to happen? Wouldn't you complain?

While I think most of us Tuggers, especially when we are exchanging into a resort, will be OK with what we get, I also see nothing wrong with making requests for the better views. I know I certainly am not going to make a request for the dumpster view and that does not make me or Cindy or anyone else for that matter a selfish complaining person. I think one of the frequently asked questions on TUG is "I am staying at such and such a place, what view/unit should I request?"

I am also "anal" in printing off everything from driving directions (even with Onstar in the car) to confirmations and everything is put in the folder in the exact order that I will need them. Luckily, I don't think I have ever actually needed them, but Cindy's experience just proves that even if they were never needed in the past, I still better keep my system.

Maybe I don't read enough TUG posts, but this is the first time I saw a personal attack comments on a "venting" post, especially to a long time TUG contributor. Sure, I have seen posts from people who's personalities just don't mix, but this is a first for me. For a moment I almost thought I was on another major DIScussion board.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
In my experience the fireworks views are assigned at the resort. And whether or not you are a Wyndham owner or even an owner at Bonnet creek makes little difference. From Cindy's post I would assume that they try to give the best rooms and the best views to folks that complain a lot (like Cindy). Heres why she was originally assigned a fireworks view (in her own words) Ironically, we had an email from a manager, who promised us units together, both with fireworks views.We had a guest a few months ago who was hassled endlessly by the sales department, and this manager wanted to make our stay special". Clearly Cindy is known here, not because she is a Wyndham Platinum Owner. Its because she demands a lot and complains effectively. ...Next week shes moving on to Blue Green, but her room better not be near the Highway

Geez, Ron, seriously? We do not have a FIREWORKS view. We have a lake and pool view. It's fine. I never cared about the FIREWORKS view, so get over it. The manager offered it, because we had a customer who was hassled beyond belief by the sales department here. Geez, people should be able to say no to the sales staff.

I am not a demanding person, but I am married to a firefighter who cannot sleep with traffic noise because he is a light sleeper after being a firefighter for 37 years and counting. We have stayed at Vistana Fountains before, and we know some units are unbearable with noise because they back to the highway. It's bad. Rick couldn't sleep. We own at STARWOOD so kind of knew they would oblige us, anyway. I sleep with all noise. I don't have to listen for an alarm 4-5 times per night like he does every third day of his life.

About the complaint: A customer of ours (you rent too, don't you Ron?) had Antoinette tell them over and over again that they will not get to use any of the facilities here if they don't go on the timeshare tour. She also called their room and told them to PREPARE TO BE EVICTED for not attending the tour. They scrambled the first few days to get a hotel room, and they emailed us after the fact. How do you think that came over to the sales manager here? She was very upset with Antoinette, and guess what? The people got a free stay here, and we had to reimburse what they paid for the unit. So YES, we did get a little special attention, as YOU would also expect.

Lots of people have special requests. I am not a special case. Not being near the interstate highway is a reasonable request at Vistana, especially for an OWNER.

I don't appreciate your intolerance, Ron. You owe me an apology, but it isn't likely going to happen. You have been very accusative. I don't deserve it, and you are making assumptions about ME. I am not a difficult person and travel 10 weeks per year on average.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I agree. I don't think it unreasonable for a Wyndham owner to request special perks even if exchanging in. Especially someone who owns millions of points. I know at Disney I have gotten my requests honored and even gotten DVC perks included on an RCI stay. I have even gotten Wyndham to upgrade my view on an RCI points exchange into Wyndham in the past. It doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Folks - Please focus on the issues at the resort, instead of criticizing the poster who had the issues.