• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Project Voyager

wilson14

Reaction score
I've seen some people mention Project Voyager here on TUG BBS. I've learned that its a new reservation system, but when it is coming and what are its advantages (and disadvantages)?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I've seen some people mention Project Voyager here on TUG BBS. I've learned that its a new reservation system, but when it is coming and what are its advantages (and disadvantages)?

Nobody here knows the answers to those questions. It's been rumored for quite a while. It was supposed to be rolled out last year, and then was reportedly shelved indefinitely.

Among other things, there have been rumors of being able to select which contract to pull points from when making reservations on line.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nobody here knows the answers to those questions. It's been rumored for quite a while. It was supposed to be rolled out last year, and then was reportedly shelved indefinitely.

Among other things, there have been rumors of being able to select which contract to pull points from when making reservations on line.

another rumor is that wyndham will use that ability to distinguish between contracts to separate resale contracts from the retail and for VIP members like the op. only those VIP qualified retail points will get the VIP discounts...Bummer for a guy like me with just a relatively few vip points in a large account

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
another rumor is that wyndham will use that ability to distinguish between contracts to separated resale contracts from the retail and for VIP members like the op. only those VIP qualified retail points will get the VIP discounts...Bummer for a guy like me with just a relatively few vip points in a large account

But those PIC points are developer tag points, right?

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Besides rooms instantly showing back up in the system (and this one is only a benefit for VIP owners), when has a Wyndham "improvement" ever been advantageous for the owners?

Now thinking about it, I think wyndham can already distinguish points in the system otherwise how would the Pass program work if you can only use developer points?

Jason

lcml11

Reaction score
Besides rooms instantly showing back up in the system (and this one is only a benefit for VIP owners), when has a Wyndham "improvement" ever been advantageous for the owners?

Now thinking about it, I think wyndham can already distinguish points in the system otherwise how would the Pass program work if you can only use developer points?

Jason

Wyndham, in my experience, can distinguish points in the the Wyndham System. If you want to know what type of Wyndham Point you have just call reservations or Owner Care and they will look it up and tell you.

Or, just ask at a Owners Update, just do not trust this answer. Also, most of the sales reps will show you the printout, by resort and unit if you ask them.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
when has a Wyndham "improvement" ever been advantageous for the owners?
The current reservation system is a significant improvement over the one it replaced. The ability to hold RCI exchanges without a deposit for all owners, not just VIP owners, is also nice.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jason

Im sure Wyndham can already tell where the points came from, Its just that reservations, at least the part that we see doesnt do it

That the Pass program is due to roll out this year, may be a signal that Voyager is too

what that means is anybody's guess, but I wouldnt count on getting a VIP discount for any but your developer purchased points.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham, in my experience, can distinguish points in the the Wyndham System. If you want to know what type of Wyndham Point you have just call reservations or Owner Care and they will look it up and tell you.

Or, just ask at a Owners Update, just do not trust this answer. Also, most of the sales reps will show you the printout, by resort and unit if you ask them.

Of course they can tell, and of course I already know whats resale and whats not in my own account. The question is when will we be be able to use that knowledge when making reservations on line? And the follow up question is...when will I be able to do ARP reservations on line?

Im guessing later on this year

lcml11

Reaction score
Of course they can tell, and of course I already know whats resale and whats not in my own account. The question is when will we be be able to use that knowledge when making reservations on line? And the follow up question is...when will I be able to do ARP reservations on line?

Im guessing later on this year

If Voyager is back, you may be right.

Reservations confirmed that a new reservation system is coming but she indicated that they do not know the implementation date.

Owner Care said soon. Is checking to see if there is a specific date. They finished checking. They confirmed that it is Voyager rolling out. They said there will be a mass E-Mail sent on the matter.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Voyager is back, you may be right.

Reservations confirmed that a new reservation system is coming but she indicated that they do not know the implementation date.

Owner Care said soon. Is checking to see if there is a specific date. They finished checking. They confirmed that it is Voyager rolling out. They said there will be a mass E-Mail sent on the matter.

My interpretation of "soon" when it comes to large-scale IT projects is... "not soon". I always thought it was rather odd that when you make online reservations, you don't know which contract the points are coming from. Eventually you can find it working with owner care, but you can't tell even after the fact within your account. It definitely make a difference when you want to preserve ARP for a specific resort and don't want to use those points on a "generic" reservation.

It will be very interesting to see if the fear of VIP benefits only applying to developer-purchased contracts proves to be founded. Those that have PIC'd there way to VIP may find the status does very little if they don't PIC their weeks that year - I could see someone could be a grandfathered gold VIP but only have 126K points in a use year that are VIP eligible/usable (or even 0 if they PIC'd using a biennial). I have a sneaking suspicion that this fear is actually unfounded. I'm speculating but I'd guess that a majority of VIPs rarely use the costliest VIP benefits to provide (obviously TUG members and mega-renters are the big exception but I think are a decided minority).

lcml11

Reaction score
another rumor is that wyndham will use that ability to distinguish between contracts to separate resale contracts from the retail and for VIP members like the op. only those VIP qualified retail points will get the VIP discounts...Bummer for a guy like me with just a relatively few vip points in a large account

If this happens, I guess the moral of the story is for regular timeshare renters is to line up with VIP accounts that are all developer or PIC based contracts. Or, on the other hand, a one or twice a year vacationer could then buy some of the great timeshares such as Myrtle Beach, Smokey Mountain, and other low maintenance fee contracts that may become available as the non-Wyndham related mega-rentors dump their re-sale inventories. If the dump starts, be sure which Wyndham points system you are buying into. Timeshare liquidation operations should do very very well under this, if it happens.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only thing about ANY business is, CHANGE IS CONSTANT -- business will adapt and so will their customers.

As for the doom and gloom forecaster, remember all those MEGA RENTERs and their MEMBER NUMBERS are paying their MFs regularly on all their contracts - including at the "lesser" resorts where ARP is not as important. If owners "dump" those deeds, everyone else at many resorts will have their MFs go up. Maybe NOT for 2014 use year, but for 2015 forward.

lcml11

Reaction score
The only thing about ANY business is, CHANGE IS CONSTANT -- business will adapt and so will their customers.

As for the doom and gloom forecaster, remember all those MEGA RENTERs and their MEMBER NUMBERS are paying their MFs regularly on all their contracts - including at the "lesser" resorts where ARP is not as important. If owners "dump" those deeds, everyone else at many resorts will have their MFs go up. Maybe NOT for 2014 use year, but for 2015 forward.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this happens, I guess the moral of the story is for regular timeshare renters is to line up with VIP accounts that are all developer or PIC based contracts. Or, on the other hand, a one or twice a year vacationer could then buy some of the great timeshares such as Myrtle Beach, Smokey Mountain, and other low maintenance fee contracts that may become available as the non-Wyndham related mega-rentors dump their re-sale inventories. If the dump starts, be sure which Wyndham points system you are buying into. Timeshare liquidation operations should do very very well under this, if it happens.

The real mega renters dont even own the points they rent. The big boys are all points managers, and what they manage are lots of relatively small accounts. And my guess is that they are almost entirely VIP qualified points. They will be able to continue to do what they are doing

There are only a few with a small number of VIP points in large accounts, and most are so specialized, doing the high demand low supply stuff that the change you anticipate wont affect them at all.

Speaking only for myself, I do very little of the cancel/rebook thing anyway. I dont have to when I can get 200-$300 a night. Ill have to do a little re-aligning and maybe a little belt tightening, and I probably wont be able to offer the $3/1000 rentals any more, but as Linda suggests, Ill adapt and do just fine

Last edited:

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
wyndham has had the ability for you to say which contract to pull points from you've always had to call and let the rep. know what you want to do, and they know what is resale and what's not , at least I've been able to do these things for at least 6 years , and I know i'm not anything special with wyndham

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
wyndham has had the ability for you to say which contract to pull points from you've always had to call and let the rep. know what you want to do, and they know what is resale and what's not , at least I've been able to do these things for at least 6 years , and I know i'm not anything special with wyndham

Yes, it's true you can specify contract if you call. But if you book online you can't do that at this point.

lcml11

Reaction score
The real mega renters dont even own the points they rent. The big boys are all points managers, and what they manage are lots of relatively small accounts. And my guess is that they are almost entirely VIP qualified points. They will be able to continue to do what they are doing

There are only a few with a small number of VIP points in large accounts, and most are so specialized, doing the high demand low supply stuff that the change you anticipate wont affect them at all.

Speaking only for myself, I do very little of the cancel/rebook thing anyway. I dont have to when I can get 200-$300 a night. Ill have to do a little re-aligning and maybe a little belt tightening, and I probably wont be able to offer the $3/1000 rentals any more, but as Linda suggests, Ill adapt and do just fine

Just booked a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night at Kingsgate for 22,500 points for a three bed room. I think there are some still available. Does this mean your price is $67.50. At $8.00 dollar per thousand points no guest pass fee, no reservation transaction fee, however, the renter would pay the mandatory recreational facility fee, would be $180. If so, you are right, maybe the way to go is one nickel at a time.

By the way, this is Check-In February 14, 2014 and Check-Out February 17. A Holiday weekend.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just booked a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night at Kingsgate for 22,500 points for a three bed room. I think there are some still available. Does this mean your price is $67.50. At $8.00 dollar per thousand points no guest pass fee, no reservation transaction fee, however, the renter would pay the mandatory recreational facility fee, would be $180. If so, you are right, maybe the way to go is one nickel at a time.

By the way, this is Check-In February 14, 2014 and Check-Out February 17. A Holiday weekend.

No that means my cost is $67.50 And if I send a guest, there are guest fees($99). I havent been able to figure a way around them like you claim you have.

What Im able to rent these for would depend on the market

benyu2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was mentioned in report
www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=326840#p326840"

It is coming, only matter of time...have you noticed WM available to borrow HKT could be selected via online booking now? It could be a small increment and part of the project...

lcml11

Reaction score
No that means my cost is $67.50 And if I send a guest, there are guest fees($99). I havent been able to figure a way around them like you claim you have.

What Im able to rent these for would depend on the market

I am not a mega rentor, I just get a bootload of them for free. I have yet had to purchase a extra one.

You might want to check the members directory to see how many you are supposed to get under the rules and compare that to what you actually get.

You apparently have a pretty good reputation out there. I do hear positive feedback on you that does not show up on the public posts.

A person that rents July weeks in Myrtle Beach, that is a class act. I am truly impressed.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not a mega rentor, I just get a bootload of them for free. I have yet had to purchase a extra one.

You might want to check the members directory to see how many you are supposed to get under the rules and compare that to what you actually get.

You apparently have a pretty good reputation out there. I do hear positive feedback on you that does not show up on the public posts.

A person that rents July weeks in Myrtle Beach, that is a class act. I am truly impressed.

I have rented July weeks in Myrtle Beach. I haven't done many though. Thanks for the kind words. But it's nothing special. Just be on the computer at 7 am and go for everyone's second choice. While everyone else is scrambling for their first choice I make my reservations and go back to bed

I know how many guest conversations I'm supposed to get (60...30 in each of two accounts) it I don't consider them to be free. They come by virtue of my Platinum memberships that I paid for and the mf I pay every month. They will all be gone by the end of the month I'm sure and I'll have to start paying $99 each for the rest of the year

Bourne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another rumor is that the rollout of Voyager will change ownership rules also. Inherited VIPs and points will no longer be grandfathered.

Effectively Wyndham is making you pay if you are not the original owner.