• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Official TUGBBS upgrade complaint/suggestion thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
oh ive gotten replies today from their support team.

first they identified the problem and provided a fix (which i will admit, did seem to fix the problem we were reporting, but unfortunately caused another).

then they provided another file to change, which we did...to no avail.

then we were provided with an entire updated version of tapatalk to reinstall over the existing one on the forum, still get the error.

ive not heard back from the support tech after reporting the last failure, i suspect they are likely gone for the day.

baillargeone

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Festiva Adventure club
ok, i think im spending more time going back and forth in threads than I am figuring out how to fix the issues, so lets consolidate them all into this one thread here please =)

bring em on...please be mindful of duplicates and please be patient. some of these fixes can take 5 seconds....some can take days! Rest assured we will do as much as we can to make the transition easier and restore much if not all of the previous functionality we had customized into the previous forum...it was just so old that many of those modifications simply didnt even apply to new sections.

also please if the complaint or suggestion is something complex, try to explain it in great detail where you are within the forum and what you are clicking on to generate the error (or whatever it is you would like to have changed)...itll make it so much easier for us to reproduce and fix!

Thank you!

List of fixes sofar as of the start of this thread.

1. bumped up the default font size
2. installed tapatalk (currently disabled until we can fix the issue it causes)
3. guest/tug member user tags fixed
4. added home/marketplace/reviews links to top nav bar
5. reduced "whiteness" of forum (ok, that sounds awful, but hopefully you all understand!)
Hi,

I am a new member. Can you tell me how to publish a post?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new member. Can you tell me how to publish a post?
happy to!

from any main forum directory, you will find a link at the top right hand corner that says "POST NEW THREAD"...this link will let you create a new thread.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another quick question - in the old forum I used to go to "Options" and could change # of posts seen to 2 days or longer? Is this possible with the new TUG?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Another quick question - in the old forum I used to go to "Options" and could change # of posts seen to 2 days or longer? Is this possible with the new TUG?

not sure I follow you on this one? new posts should remain populated until you click the "mark all as read" link. (or unless you have read them)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
test

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
test

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok, not getting any errors from tapatalk now...any tapatalk users confirm its working again?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to open Tapatalk. This msg is on it from my phone

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
fantastic! please keep me updated if any issues arise with tapatalk from an end users perspective!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Congrats of getting TapTalk to work - less workaround for uploading photos.

Now... if we could get people to add picture to their profile. Helps to quickly ID poster since names are not as prominent - and gives quick perspective on the person posting. Easier to ID photo than name.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad its back working for tapatalk users!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Yeah, but I'm getting the following at top of the page:
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/tugbbsc/public_html/forums/library/Tapatalk/Listener/ControllerPostDispatch.php on line 138

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/tugbbsc/public_html/forums/library/Tapatalk/Listener/ControllerPostDispatch.php on line 161

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/tugbbsc/public_html/forums/library/Tapatalk/Listener/ControllerPostDispatch.php on line 202
... plus I'm getting error popups saying the server returned an error and is listed in the javascript console.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yeah, but I'm getting the following at top of the page:
Are you seeing this in Tapatalk, or on the webpage? I am not seeing it in Chrome.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hmm, this seems like the similar issue we had originally where it didnt show it was posting a message but it really was.

wonder why it only impacts some uses vs everyone though.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ive disabled tapatalk again until we hear back from their support

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not Tapatalk, never use it. Firefox mobile on tablet, as now. Kept giving me errors when tried to submit post, but see now it submitted anyhow, leading to dupes.
Is it perhaps related to the popup one would get when they log in from a mobile device and the forum recommends they try using Tapatalk instead of going through the browser?

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Status
Not open for further replies.