• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2008 ] SVO eBay Sales

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
This will be the second time it is relisted. The last one ended on 3/10/10 with a final bid of $16.2K:eek:

I wonder if the buyers are backing out or the seller is unhappy with the price... :confused:

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lakside Terrace Platinum Float 1-15, 48-50, Annual 2 Bed $1,832

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370344083084&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If these units locked off, I would have been all over this auction. I think a poor title on the auction led to a lower final bid price.

The other factor is you had to pay the 2010 $922 maintenance fee (it should be about $100 less than that) and closing costs of over $500. Even though you have to pay the 2010 maintenance fee you won't be able to use it for a prime ski week this year and the closing costs are inflated by at least $200. So, considering this I think the real selling price is about $3,000 which might still be a decent price for an annual 2BR ski week but not a steal.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If the unit number in the Ad is correct, this is an ocean front unit at WKORVN

8 = bldg. 8
2 = 2nd floor
11/12 = units 11 & 12

That's amazing, if true.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas EY 2Bd LO - Platinum - 148K SO - $3,823.77 (March 19, 2010) deeded as 8211/12

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320499347779&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

seller:cherishthetime

EBay Title:Exotic PREMIER 2 Bedroom Hawaii LockOff Timeshare!!
NO Reserve-Plus Optional FREE Timeshare - No Gimmicks!!

IMO the price is a reflection of a poor listing rather than the true value of the unit. Title didn't include any of the words "Westin," " Kaanapali," "Starwood" or "Staroptions". Based on recent sales prices, the buyer could probably flip it tomorrow for at least a $10K profit.

Maui55

Reaction score
Experience with eBay seller siezethedayvacations

I have some experience with this seller and I believe that the seller was bidding on his own auction on this one. The winner had zero (0) feedback. The same seller had another auction that had numerous bids by buyers with zero (0) feedback, but on the other auction the winner had a feedback of 1. So, two auctions and they both happened to be won by buyers with no feedback who are only interested in his timeshares.

Anyway, this seller is "siezethedayvacations" and what I believe the seller does is bid up the price to as high as possible with these fake accounts with no feedback. They essentially top your highest offer and win their own auction. I suppose they can give themselves feedback and pay the small fee to eBAy for selling a timeshare too. But in the end, since they still have a TS to sell, they then come back to the next highest bidder with a "second-chance" offer. This bidder gets offered a "similar, everything the same" timeshare because the seller happens to have a second one and by the way, the seller will sell it to you for the price of your highest bid. That is what they did to me anyway, as I was the second high bidder on one of the auction listings sold by "siezethedayvacations". I actually still wanted the timeshare, but still would not buy it, really only because it left a bad taste in my mouth and I am stubborn enough not to accept this practice.

I wanted to give some feedback from my actual experience with siezethedayvacations which was referenced on some recent sales in the forum. Particularly, post #395 where the author stated his belief that this seller is conducting bad faith auctions with a shill. I will provide you with my experience and you can decide if siezethedayvacations should be assumed to be doing anything other than legitimate business. I was the 2nd highest bidder in the sale referenced in post #389 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220557249954). I received a 2nd chance offer a couple of days later. I emailed the seller stating in part: "... At best the bidding was artificially inflated by an invalid bidder. At worst a shill was used." siezethedayvacations phoned me to address my concerns. They provided what to me is more than a satisfactory response. I have seen the eBay communications with the winning bidder after the auction. The winning bidder refused to accept the auction's stated payment terms and was insisting on only paying 20% down. In my cordial and open discussion with siezethedayvacations they also rolled back the price to the point where the other bidder entered the auction. I felt that the candid nature of their disclosure and their rolling back my price to exclude the raised bids of the high bidder were more than fair. This is my experience. You decide if there is evidence to question their honesty via this forum.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Post #395 was not my post - it was amundson - please retract.
I was not the one discussing shill auctions - I asked to move the discussion to another thread as this thread is for completed eBay auctions...

I have no horse in this race... however, I do warn everyone to exercise caution in eBay auctions (I have purchased a TS via eBay, and used caution). I do believe that some eBay auctions do have shills - I have witnessed it in watching auctions, and they are used as a tactic in 2nd offers.

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
This is my experience. You decide if there is evidence to question their honesty via this forum.

Welcome to Tug. I hope you stick around and become an active member here. But, I have to tell you, when someone with no posting experience comes into a forum to give a glowing review of some little-known company, my first reaction is most certainly not, "Wow, that makes me feel better about this company." In fact, it's quite the contrary. It makes me feel as if someone who has a vested interest in the company has done a simple Google search and is going about the web sprinkling happy dust on any and all criticisms in order to assauge legitimate doubts.

I've interacted with DavidnRobin for about 3 years now. And I'll trust his judgment over yours for no other reason than because he has proven his legitimacy over the long-term. If you'd like to be taken more seriously, I'd suggest you stick around and comment on things OTHER than "seizethedayvacations." Because your post has made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. And my hairs have rarely led me astray.

:wave:

Maui55

Reaction score
It makes me feel as if someone who has a vested interest in the company has done a simple Google search and is going about the web sprinkling happy dust on any and all criticisms in order to assauge legitimate doubts. :wave:

Lisa, I understand your skepticism. You have no reason to trust me. I have no vested interest in this company and my experience with them is real. I am curious as to what evidence might help you form a more educated judgement as to the honesty of my post. I have the ebay & paypal communications verifying me as the purchaser of said timeshare. I would be happy to provide copy of title upon receipt. I was hoping to only add value and some experiential evidence related to an unsubstantiated claim earlier.

To DavidNRobin - I am sincerely sorry that I referenced you in error in my original post. This error has been corrected. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks.

Also - I agree with Lisa's post - based on experience here on TUG - these types of posts are all too common - and therefore skepticism...
(I am not make that claim - just an observation)

It may have been better just to state that you purchased a TS off of ebay from 'siezetheday' - what the SVO VOI was - the details where pertainent - and how the transaction went... instead it comes off as a defense of 'std' and therefore... skepticism of the intent of the post.

just saying...
(not much different when people post eBay auctions that are still open... what is their intent?}

best.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I am curious as to what evidence might help you form a more educated judgement as to the honesty of my post.

Lots of things, but most importantly you should stop pre-occupying yourself with defending "SiezeTheDayVacations" because, remember, you have no vested interest in the company.

:D

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maui55, ... Welcome to TUG. lol! For some people there is no evidence you could ever produce that would change their mind about your 2 post preoccupation.

They see corporate shills and plants under their beds all the time.

BTW, the end result of automatic "shill bidding" is usually a "second chance offer." If you took it, you probably were the highest true bidder and, after reflecting on the bids, the seller decided that relisting wouldn't generate a higher bid. However, if you had a rewarding experience and are happy with the price you paid, it's all good.

Enjoy your timeshare! Like I do, use it to get out of the Chicago winters. I was at WKV last week. It's a great place to vacation. ... eom

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Lots of things, but most importantly you should stop pre-occupying yourself with defending "SiezeTheDayVacations" because, remember, you have no vested interest in the company.

:D

[x] exactly

[ ] sees corporate shills/plants under bed

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Westin 2-BR LockOff 5 STAR Cancun MEXICO Golf TIMESHARE
Sale date: 03/21/10 $4,250.00 EOY Platinum Plus $604 MF
Not listed as Lagunamar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360244137437&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Ouch - I had a work colleague (whose husband didn't listen to my rescind advice) that paid $20K more than this for a lesser unit at Lagunamar.

...but at least that get the benefit of coverting their SOs to SPs... that should be worth the extra $20K they spent... :wall:

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
[ ] exactly

[ ] sees corporate shills/plants under bed

[x] agrees with all conspiracy theories regardless of evidence at all times

ginja