• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham transfer time

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
By any chance when you spoke with them today did you ask what date they are working on for deeded contracts?

I did and she said it only said 8 weeks. No date. :(

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
By any chance when you spoke with them today did you ask what date they are working on for deeded contracts?

No sorry I did not. He just so happened to mention Nov 22nd for the non-deeded. 18002518736 opt 2 opt 3 for ownership transfers, if you would like to talk to the dept.

Edit: NM I see Richelle responded when I was looking up the number

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Thanks! I'll call them this week and check my status

antjmar

Reaction score
They told me they are working on paperwork received 11/22. Which is the same thing the told me last week...
Last week I was told call Tuesday or Wednesday it should be done by then. Now they told me 4 more weeks!!!:mad:
I also have a fixed week that they received 11/21 which isnt done so the dates dont mean much IMO!:shrug:

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay now I have no doubt Wyndham can not keep track of their points. So I bought a resell from a member here on TUG. When I called the automated line to check my MF (to see if it setup with my information yet) I was shocked to hear it say it worked when I put in my zip code. Now I was extremely worried when it said my monthly MF fee is $872 a month. I of course hit 0 for help and talked to the gentlemen. He verified my name and gave me my new member number (first time buyer) and when I asked about the MF he said that was correct. That it is $872 a month, $10,464 a year.

Now I bought a resell CWA for 275k in points and LYs MF was only $131. He could not give me any other information. I hung up and called the deed line I posted above and they said they closed out the transfer today. She could not give me details on the MF fee or the points (which did not make since) and transferred me to another dept. This dept says my member number gets over 1.7 million in points annually. This is after verifying my name and address is correct on the member number.

I am just breathe and wait till later to see if it fixes itself. Heck of a deal but no way I can afford that $10k a year in MF. Maybe they gave me VIP also lol.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Okay now I have no doubt Wyndham can not keep track of their points. So I bought a resell from a member here on TUG. When I called the automated line to check my MF (to see if it setup with my information yet) I was shocked to hear it say it worked when I put in my zip code. Now I was extremely worried when it said my monthly MF fee is $872 a month. I of course hit 0 for help and talked to the gentlemen. He verified my name and gave me my new member number (first time buyer) and when I asked about the MF he said that was correct. That it is $872 a month, $10,464 a year.

Now I bought a resell CWA for 275k in points and LYs MF was only $131. He could not give me any other information. I hung up and called the deed line I posted above and they said they closed out the transfer today. She could not give me details on the MF fee or the points (which did not make since) and transferred me to another dept. This dept says my member number gets over 1.7 million in points annually. This is after verifying my name and address is correct on the member number.

I am just breathe and wait till later to see if it fixes itself. Heck of a deal but no way I can afford that $10k a year in MF. Maybe they gave me VIP also lol.

Wow what a mess...hopefully they get it all corrected for you. Did you get a copy of the estoppel to make sure you were buying what you were told?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow what a mess...hopefully they get it all corrected for you. Did you get a copy of the estoppel to make sure you were buying what you were told?

Yep sure did and made sure I kept it. Let's see how they fix this now.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Yep sure did and made sure I kept it. Let's see how they fix this now.

I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out. Lol

Heck debating about calling a VC and see if it is a VIP account. Maybe they totally messed up. Then I could use the additional points to do a little bit of last minute rentals to people before they fix their mistake lol

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Heck debating about calling a VC and see if it is a VIP account. Maybe they totally messed up. Then I could use the additional points to do a little bit of last minute rentals to people before they fix their mistake lol

Only if you want your account suspended for six months while they do their "audit". Lol

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only if you want your account suspended for six months while they do their "audit". Lol

Okay good point. I think I will give them a few days to let the system straighten out. The member number they assigned me started with 0001XXXXXXX so I starting to wonder if they just took the sellers account and gave it to me. I called the automated number and it says there are several contracts assigned to that member number. When I talked to the 3 reps, they all said that member number was under my name and my address. One of them did comment that the member number if it was assigned to me recently shouldn't be that low but didn't seem concerned about it.

Time will tell.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Mine starts with 002, and I got it in 2008. So yeah, that's an old account. I would suggest contacting the seller and ask them to check their account. I have a feeling that you are right. You have all of their contracts and not just the one.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Check in the website tomorrow because it takes 24 hours for all updates to show online.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
But yeah it sounds like they transferred all the previous owners contracts not just one. I'm sure they will be getting a call from them as well with a screw up that big

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check in the website tomorrow because it takes 24 hours for all updates to show online.

When I tried to register it online it says this membership number is already registered. So I am sure it is the sellers membership number. Going to give it till tomorrow and then will reach out the to broker that was the middle lady and also will try calling Wyndham and let them know of the issues. Hopefully it just needs that 24 hours. Really weird the three different reps would tell me the membership number assigned to that contract and all verify it matches my name and address. Even in the automated system I use that member number and my zipcode and it says all the information.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score

Well looks like they have fixed their mistake now. I now only have the one contract assigned to me and they issued me a new member number. I am short 75K in points but I am sure that can be worked out with the seller. Much better then having the MF for another 1.5M in points.

It's still really weird how they gave me the old owners membership number but verified my name and address with different reps and they said it was assigned to me. Oh well at least the owner has it back with their information now. I'm glad this is almost done.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
So it seems like the timeframe is 8 weeks from the time they send it to processing.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it seems like the timeframe is 8 weeks from the time they send it to processing.

9 weeks exactly for me from Nov 10th when they said it was sent to processing and it was a CWA.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Hopefully things will speed up this month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Update...one of my contracts posted in my account today. Wyndham received the recorded deed on 11/8 so it took about 9 1/2 weeks.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update...one of my contracts posted in my account today. Wyndham received the recorded deed on 11/8 so it took about 9 1/2 weeks.

Congrats, glad you got one of them to go thru

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Thanks. Now just have to wait for the next one, they received that one on 11/17

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I heard from a friend that a deed he bought on October 18th just showed up in his account today.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I heard from a friend that a deed he bought on October 18th just showed up in his account today.

I imagine some of that time was getting paperwork done before sending to Wyndham? Deed recording, contract signing, etc?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I'm glad yours is finally in. Hopefully mine does not take that long.