• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owner Care response extract on problems with the new site.

"I apologize if you have not receive a follow up from the IT department. The information was forwarded to the correct department and from my understanding they are to contact you directly when and if the problem is resolved.

I don’t know who the contact person who is assigned to work on that issue. However, the normal process is that they will correspond directly with you once that request is submitted ... the web service team number is 1-866-313-9062 ..."

Called the number. IT not working preview site. Only option is to keep refiling through the site feedback.

Called Owner Care back. They explained the reason IT cannot help is that they do not have control of the site. The site has been contracted out to a third party.

Does anyone know the name of the 3rd party and/or a means of calling them?

UPDATE:

Owner Care advised case was closed by Wyndham because they cannot do anything.

Owner’s Care (Andrew) entered into their system that I was educated was the resolution.

At one point, the Rep indicated they were not reconizing two re-sale contracts in my account. When I pointed out I have bought all Contracts from Wyndham, she back peddled on this point.

I hope people who be things from Wyndham directly are not in the process of have some of their contracts reclassified as re-sale and then use this as a basis for not showing the contracts under the ownership section.

Wyndham will not provide the name of the 3rd party contractor that holds the fate of contracts in their hands.

Wyndham Website Services (or whatever they call themselves) advises that I have to prove who I bought contracts from at some point.

It is not a good thing that people who have bought contracts from Wyndham are now going to have to prove that.

Has anyone else had a chance to look at the new site?

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI New Website Comments. Wonder if is the same group designing it.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/rci-new-format-merged.249333/page-2#post-1977477

I would strongly suggest, in light of the recent round of account suspensions, that people who see "problems" with their account on the new sight do their best to get them resolved prior to the implementation of the new site.

Getting them resolved early might keep your account out of the next round of "fixes" from Wyndham's point of view.

The changes being made pursuant to the new site roll-out have begun. They changed the Account name for my account on both the preview and existing account.

The active account now specifically labels a LLC agent and, for the most part, drops the LLC name from the "other owner" list when making a reservation.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A nice surprise, the old are you a robot test has been replaced by the preview site one in the existing system.

upload_2017-3-2_18-11-45.png

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Avislo the user known as lcml11 formerly known as RRLongwell? I only ask because of the account name in the above (RRGLLC) , the recent membership, and a similarity in style of post.

Just saying...

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new system is going to change the existing system where some of the ARPable resorts have inventory withheld for release at various other times? Or, is all of it going to become available to ARP to otherwise qualified users via on-line booking?

Last edited:

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new system is going to change the existing system where some of the ARPable resorts have inventory withheld for release at various other times? Or, is all of it going to become available to ARP to otherwise qualified users via on-line booking?

No one knows anything for certain yet on the new system.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pre-view site is not letting update my e-mail. The old site still is letting me do it. Anyone with similar problems that need to update e-mails may want to do it before the old site goes away.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The pre-view site is not letting update my e-mail. The old site still is letting me do it. Anyone with similar problems that need to update e-mails may want to do it before the old site goes away.

Have you ever considered that the preview site is not yet fully functional? You must have quite a bit of time on your hands to worry about such trivial details. Wish I had that kind of time!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Is Avislo the user known as lcml11 formerly known as RRLongwell? I only ask because of the account name in the above (RRGLLC) , the recent membership, and a similarity in style of post.

Just saying...
Hmmm

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Just saying...

Notice how your comment was completely ignored. You might be on to something.

: D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Just saying...

You could be onto something. Not no TUG newbie ... for sure. Plus 1 ...Oh yea ...

Hi Robert!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I thought something was off when my inbox filled up with meaningless PM's... but could not connect the dots

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the preview site is listing the wrong point of contact, this can be fixed by call the title department

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the preview site is listing the wrong point of contact, this can be fixed by call the title department

Now that owner care has educated you Has whatever you were concerned about in your original post has been resolved. Is everything good now? And are you telling me that if I have a concern with the preview site, I can get my concerns addressed by calling the title dept?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that owner care has educated you Has whatever you were concerned about in your original post has been resolved. Is everything good now? And are you telling me that if I have a concern with the preview site, I can get my concerns addressed by calling the title dept?

Apparently some of them but not all them. When pre-view rolled out, they changed the name on my account this is still unresolved. Also, under the ownership section, not all contracts are being shown under each owner. The number keeps changing and none of the numbers it provides are accurate.

To see what it is listing, I am getting a different number of contracts each time I click the ownership button.

It also is not showing the same number of contracts for each owner that it is reconizing. The shifting number of contracts under the ownership section is also happening to other reconized owners.

UPDATE: Title is now saying the computer is shifting contracts around and sometimes owners are being dropped off. This is due to computer updates to the system. The regular account is being affected.

Changes to auto pay now working through pre-view site but not the one time payment feature.

Interesting enough, the ownership name they chose to change the account name to matches a screen name of a different TUG user.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Interesting enough, the ownership name they chose to change the account name to matches a screen name of a different TUG user.

OK, there's not much that makes me laugh out loud, but this one got me.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I am seeing a similar issue where each time I click the ownership link, I get a different contract. So I click the link once, and it shows my branson contract. If I click it again, it shows my Patriots place contract. It always show he PIC contract though. I only have one of those. One of the other two is resale and the other was purchased through Wyndham. I hope I don't lose a contract when they switch us over.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am seeing a similar issue where each time I click the ownership link, I get a different contract. So I click the link once, and it shows my branson contract. If I click it again, it shows my Patriots place contract. It always show he PIC contract though. I only have one of those. One of the other two is resale and the other was purchased through Wyndham. I hope I don't lose a contract when they switch us over.

I share your concern, I am pleased that in one of the discussions on the issue with Wyndham, that they tipped me off that at some point I may have to prove source of ownership. I can do this but hope that if this is the phase that I have to go through to get the problem fixed, that we should just jump to it. I have talked with title and confirmed that they do have the ability to review the contracts from their files or I can provide them copies.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phone numbers can be updated on the pre-view site by updating it in the old system. The reason the link for a one time payment is not working while the auto-pay link is is that the link for a one time payment Western Union is not working. This maybe due to the instability in getting the right number of contracts showing in the Ownership section.

Last edited:

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
I'm confused, I thought the preview site was just that - a site that owners could log into and get a feel for the new, upcoming website. I assumed that not all functionality would be there, and I didn't think we would need to confirm our ownership details within that site. Did I miss something, or should I also check that the preview site has all my information entered correctly? I don't understand why that would be an owner's responsibility, it should be Wyndham's.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm confused, I thought the preview site was just that - a site that owners could log into and get a feel for the new, upcoming website. I assumed that not all functionality would be there, and I didn't think we would need to confirm our ownership details within that site. Did I miss something, or should I also check that the preview site has all my information entered correctly? I don't understand why that would be an owner's responsibility, it should be Wyndham's.
No you are spot on it is a preview. The poster you are referencing is lacking cognitive thinking, and is absorbed in his circular thinking.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score

When you have established a user profile, there are some word pictures towards the bottom of the page that go from one to the other. If you want to make it stop on a specific message just click over the wanted words to read ect.

-One of the blurbs state:
-Get Registered
-Be one of the 1st to Register
-Set up your owner Profile
-Confirm your Ownership Details in your dashboard and explore

A feedback button is provided. This is where Wyndham Corporate advises to put the information that is wrong or where you are having problems.

The regular site is advising people to register for the site also.

If you disregard their recommendations on checking your owner details information prior to the official roll-out, shame. They tried.

If other threads on TUG are checked, I believe it has been well established that Wyndham computer data is not necessarily correct and that not so nice things can happen as a result, up to and including account suspensions while the account is reviewed.

A thought occurs to me that a great Wyndham defense if things like this continue is that Wyndham advised people to check their data, gave a means to identify problems, and they did not.

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The confirm part is so that you can experience the PREVIEW properly and so Wyndham can see how good, or in most cases how badly, the import of data has gone. As bobbyoc23 said the site is so users can provide feedback to be used to make the new site fully functional on launch. Also Wyndham will not be able to require you to prove your source of ownership for deeds that they have already accepted into your account. You are obsessing over the wrong things and confusing people in the process.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
No you are spot on it is a preview. The poster you are referencing is lacking cognitive thinking, and is absorbed in his circular thinking.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

welcome to the world of RRLongwell in Wyndhamland

“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.”
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

“I don't think...
"then you shouldn't talk", said the Hatter.”

“Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense.”

“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”

“We're all mad here.”

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get."
~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.