• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upgrading a paid flight with miles

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
i booked a couple flights for DD through Air France. The flights will be on KLM metal. The prices were pretty good for VCE-ATL.

We have Delta miles. Can we upgrade her to Business and if so are there different ways to do this?

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
It depends. Delta, KLM and AF are all in the same group. If it's a Delta flight number, it's simple. If it's AF, I think you would have to have an AF FF account and then spend a lot of time haggling to get them to accept the Sky Pesos. The fact it's operated by KLM isn't the hurdle.

I don't like the chances. Sorry. Best bet is to see if you could book the same flight under a DL codeshare.

Cheers

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
It depends. Delta, KLM and AF are all in the same group. If it's a Delta flight number, it's simple. If it's AF, I think you would have to have an AF FF account and then spend a lot of time haggling to get them to accept the Sky Pesos. The fact it's operated by KLM isn't the hurdle.

I don't like the chances. Sorry. Best bet is to see if you could book the same flight under a DL codeshare.

Cheers

It says it's operated by Delta and a KL flight no.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
So you booked a Delta Operated flight that's using a KLM Aircraft (KLM Metal in your original post) via the Air France website?:D

I think you mean you booked a KLM Flight number on the Air France website. Actually it's a Delta Aircraft and the KLM "Flight" is just a codeshare number.

I would call Delta and ask them. It's possible they will accommodate you, provided they have available seats.

Cheers

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't answer the question about upgrading, but, if you can and it is a KLM flight, have her grab a seat on the upper deck of the aircraft. That used to be an area reserved for first class, but as far as I know all (many?) of their overseas flights have no first class, but upper and lower business seating areas. Much more relaxing on the upper level. Also prepare her to take one of the KLM houses (check it out on the net) in each direction of the trip.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did call Delta. There were no Business seats available to upgrade to so we got the last comfort seat on each flight.