• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE OCEANFRONT Kauai Beach Villas

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Free annual oceanfront, one-bedroom/two-bath, floating week. Outside Lihue; best location on the island--close to the airport and convenient for traveling anywhere on Kauai. The property is maintained well, and the units were renovated two years ago. For pictures and more information: kauaibeachvillasresort.com and pahio.com/kauai-hawaii-resorts/kauai-beach-villas.

Usage begins January 2018. Reserve up to 14 months in advance; choose your unit. Check in Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, depending on chosen unit. Maintenance fee this year was $1249.17. Buyer pays $208 closing fee to LT Transfers, $595 Grand Pacific Resorts transfer fee, and estoppel fee if charged. No ROFR.

Two deeds (weeks) are available. Costs are per week.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
This timeshare exchanges with Grand Pacific Exchange (GPX, no membership fee) and independent exchanges like SFX. GPX lets you search before depositing and also offers bargain exchanges and the option to upgrade size for a fee. I've been getting frequent emails with ResorTime bonus/bargain weeks too. So if you can't get to Kauai one year, you have lots of options for your week plus more options to supplement it with extra vacations at reasonable costs.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I thought Grand Pacific was simply brought in as the Manager but they do not have an Ownership Interest. So why $595 fee to Grand Pacific. But I could easily be confused.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I thought Grand Pacific was simply brought in as the Manager but they do not have an Ownership Interest. So why $595 fee to Grand Pacific. But I could easily be confused.

As I understand it, the transfer fee always goes to the management company. The closing company included this fee when I asked about costs of transferring ownership.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Still available.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What is the unit # on the deed?

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
You could be viewing sunrises like this most mornings:

20170208_182943.jpg

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Update on fees. Going through Advanced Financial, which handles MFs for Grand Pacific, transfer cost is only $375 per deed--the only fee. (I saw someone's post in another thread about going through Grand Pacific, so I called. Took two days to get a call-back; but this is good news.)

I have a taker for one week.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Both weeks gone. Taker found my ad on Craigslist, not TUG.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar