• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI "new" format [Merged]

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Family and friends consider me a very patient person and I think this one of my greatest strengths. Having taught in the Ontario Community College educational system for thirty years I have had the experience of using this asset in helping students as they struggle to learn new concepts and skills. However, this new RCI website has maxed out my patience level. Since 1988 I have experienced and adapted to many many RCI format changes but this new one is driving me nuts. There is no smooth transition from where one begins a search to where one ends up. The dates never show up, the regions don't make any sense and eventually I just give up and exit the whole program. What were they "thinking"........or were they?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hooray! I'm again able to search by Regions, then States, then areas again.

As stated and experienced, the RCI Weeks' new format is still a work in progress I guess.

Fortunately, I also have an RCI Points account. I was having to search in Points to see if anything was available and then go to my Weeks account. It was too hard to try to search otherwise in Weeks.

The dates calendar is slow and "iffy". Sometimes, it shows the available dates and sometimes it's just blank.

I'm crossing my fingers that they will keep improving the search feature by showing what months are available with inventory. The way it is now, you either have to tap through the calendar or go into each individual resort to see if something is available in a particular month.

I am hopeful.
I am getting s little better at it / but max. 10 per page when the old one did 25 / - not an improvement

FYI - Read the thread in the Wyndham forum - Account review email { Acct .suspended }.... started last August 24
The common thread is that the Wyndham system has programming issues and has issues tracking points .

WHO owns RCI - Wyndham !!

It is a long read -1646 posts - 121,425 views (March 24 2017) - and many owners
who were sent the letter by Wyndham in August 2016 , still cannot use , or fully use their account / even though MF are paid every month .

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Well, I noticed one improvement: when you can pay a flat fee without having to exchange it shows you the cost and the TPU so you can choose either.

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The website isn't worth logging into. There is no longer a way to give a list of resorts and searching for availability.
I think that I'll start depositing my units to alternative companies.

Cheapseater

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. I plan to use red week, TUG and other resources once my current membership expires. Just a sorry state of affairs dealing with RCI with the modified website but even more troubling has been the extremely poor attitude of the people who have responded from RCI.

Clearly RCI is too small of a part of the mother ship! Reminds me of ESPN and network news, they are dying a fast death and remain in denial of the fact.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I withheld feedback to RCI until I gave it some time to try and get use to it. I finally sent them my feedback yesterday. I have 24 TPUs left with them. I'm hoping to use them all up at once and won't put any future deposits with them, they will all go to II. I will probably still keep a membership as I do use them for New England extra vacations from time to time since they have more inventory available.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I complained that I wanted a resort system search. Because right now there is no way to search all all Hiltons. Well low and behold. Today I found a search populated for Hilton system, so maybe there are listing to feedback comments.

Edited to Note also found Wyndham and Worldmark.

Didn't look beyond that, but did notice there was no Disney system search.

Last edited:

CMVer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still don't like the new format, but while on our winter exchange adventure my laptop became unusable. I was forced to use my iPhone and the new format does work pretty well for that. I'll be back to my desktop soon and will no doubt hate it again.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to send feedback? Does anyone ever get a reply or acknowledgement?

Maybe I'll waste - I mean spend - some time and send some.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
It slow on all devices, all operating systems, many glitches. They aren't listening. Last week Hgvc still was using the old working way.

MLR

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the place to ask this question. I have a question about searches on RCI. Must I have a deposit FIRST before exchange vacations show up? I wanted to search first and then decide if I want to deposit my week when my TUG ad runs out. But I can't even see any exchange vacations. Only last call and extra. grrrrr. I even bit on their discounted 2 year renewal and am now thinking WHY??? Sorry if this is the wrong spot to post.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
I am not sure if this is the place to ask this question. I have a question about searches on RCI. Must I have a deposit FIRST before exchange vacations show up? I wanted to search first and then decide if I want to deposit my week when my TUG ad runs out. But I can't even see any exchange vacations. Only last call and extra. grrrrr. I even bit on their discounted 2 year renewal and am now thinking WHY??? Sorry if this is the wrong spot to post.
I was having the same problems for the last month or so then yesterday the tpu exchange info started to show up again (like in the past). I didn't check today, But hopefully, they fixed the problem and the TPU exchange info will show up all the time.

Tokyoite

Reaction score
Is it my imagination or is availability terrible for weeks exchanges? I am searching destinations that I have searched for for years, and I am searching next summer and next year end (2018). I feel that what is available is grim compared to a couple of years ago.

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, availability stinks. And they know it - I received two different calls over the past couple of weeks practically begging me to deposit my weeks. I'm doing all I can now to rent out the weeks I don't want to use rather than deposit. It's a total pain in the butt to search on the new format, and now we have to pay even more if we want to make an exchange - wish I could divest myself of all my RCI timeshares.

stevio99

TUG Member
Reaction score
@MLR: open a chat window and ask them to give you a "practice deposit". They essentially give you 1 TPU (for free) and this allows you to see whats available for exchange (even though you won't have enough TPU to complete it)

Tokyoite

Reaction score
Yep, availability stinks. And they know it - I received two different calls over the past couple of weeks practically begging me to deposit my weeks. I'm doing all I can now to rent out the weeks I don't want to use rather than deposit. It's a total pain in the butt to search on the new format, and now we have to pay even more if we want to make an exchange - wish I could divest myself of all my RCI timeshares.

Thanks for the input. I am glad to hear that it is not just my imagination. I don't know what to do now. I live in Asia, so in theory DAE is a good option, but for years their availability has been far worse than that of RCI. Now that they both have horrible availability, what is a guy to do...

stevio99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I am trying to make lemonade.

Seems best way to navigate is to favorite every search you might do, then access them from the home page (they are under "my account" which is the big person icon on the top right), as needed.

Also, you can access their mobile app from the desktop, which is much,much speedier but clunkier. The address is: https://m.rci.com/rcimobile/

On the mobile site, you can't "find" any searches if you dont currently have the TPU for them. This is a downside, but the website is markedly faster than the current RCI one.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They now give you 20 resorts per page vs the 10 when it first came online. Also when you go to the next page on the list it no longer takes you to the bottom of the page. Those were 2 of my big gripes. Still would prefer 50 or all resorts that meet the search criteria rather than having to page through.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
They now give you 20 resorts per page vs the 10 when it first came online. Also when you go to the next page on the list it no longer takes you to the bottom of the page. Those were 2 of my big gripes. Still would prefer 50 or all resorts that meet the search criteria rather than having to page through.

20 is definitely an improvement .

I also think " VIEW NEARBY RESORTS " is a useful addition that I don't recall seeing on the old website .

There are also 2 ways to view (or eliminate) the size room / suite . You can filter for your entire search / or filter once you are
viewing a particular property . - useful to have both options.

Map Function is updated also - to full google map & street view function
If you click on : the little street view "person / icon "and drag it onto the map- then click on -" view on google map " - you can get a full screen map (street view & google map)..

Incrementally - the RCI new website is improving & I am learning how to better navigate it .

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
The date range still does not work, still have to look by month.

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
@MLR: open a chat window and ask them to give you a "practice deposit". They essentially give you 1 TPU (for free) and this allows you to see whats available for exchange (even though you won't have enough TPU to complete it)

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it when I have a LOT of time to play around. :0/ Has RCI's website always been like that - that you HAD to have TPU with RCI BEFORE you could search exchanges? I can't remember. It has only been the last couple years that I have had not TPU's with them.

That still does not address the problem of persons who are 'undecided' about depositing. If I don't know what I can get with my deposit - why would I want to deposit my Hawaii week when it could possibly only net me a week in Branson?

Since we are older now (that is a bummer, ha!) and have Medicare - going to MX or anywhere out of the country stinks. We have to buy Med Ins and MedEvac and that bumps things way up there. Sure, we could gamble and hope nothing happens -But would hate to have to have my kids pay to bring me home in an emergency. :0(

So, I would like to be able to search other exchanges in Hawaii, CA, etc. PRIOR to depositing my week just to make sure I can go somewhere else just as nice. It's the pits. And RCI should make it EASY to do this - no hard.

Thanks for all the tips though. Appreciate all the things I learn here on TUG. :0)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Bump - so It is next to " New Club Wyndham Website" -thread / for a bit
for those of us who are recent post junkies

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score

RCI Back to listing only 10 per page...

Worst thing about RCI is that when you combine deposits they make the expiration one year from the combine date, eventhough some of the deposits I am combining do not expire for another 2+ years...This stinks..

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
just wondering, is there a way to search multiple resorts at once like before?
I want to look at these four resorts BQT, OCB, OCI, ATM.
It seems that now I'm only able to search one resort at a time, is that right?