• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Las Olas Beach Club Satellite Beach

EvelynK72

TUG Member
Reaction score
The review and postings for this resort are somewhat old (2015 and earlier), except for one review which wasn't very complimentary (room dated, carpet dirty, dusty, moldy bathrooms) .

Is this resort going down-hill? Has anyone been there in 2017 and late 2016 who can give a more up-to-date assessment?

Any info would be appreciated.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The review and postings for this resort are somewhat old (2015 and earlier), except for one review which wasn't very complimentary (room dated, carpet dirty, dusty, moldy bathrooms) .

Is this resort going down-hill? Has anyone been there in 2017 and late 2016 who can give a more up-to-date assessment?

Any info would be appreciated.

TripAdvisor.com has more recent (May 2017) reviews -- all glowing. It should be okay.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I was the one who wrote the review. Being RCI was almost at 5 stars I expected much better. If there were average reviews my expectations would be lower and I would not have been as disappointed.

As you can tell from my other reviews, even though I enjoy the larger higher end resorts like Marriotts and Hgvc, I prefer smaller beachfront resorts that are simple and clean.

I loved the oceanfront balcony, fabulous, and the size of the unit and ultimately disappointed on upkeep of unit and staff.

Is it a horrible place? No, as long as you know what you can get, maybe other rooms are better.

Would I go there again? No, better beachfront resorts to go to.

EvelynK72

TUG Member
Reaction score
TripAdvisor.com has more recent (May 2017) reviews -- all glowing. It should be okay.

What was I thinking?? - I forgot to check TripAdvisor!! Thanks for the reminder. Most reviews were highly positive. Thanks.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there Fall 2014. Location wonderful. All units oceanfront, but lower ones might have obstructed view. Would love to return.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If everyone would write a review of the timeshare you last stayed in, we would have a lot more updated reviews. I try to write one each time. Is helpful to others, then we don't get lots of posts asking how was this place or that.
JMHO
Silentg

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
If everyone would write a review of the timeshare you last stayed in, we would have a lot more updated reviews. I try to write one each time. Is helpful to others, then we don't get lots of posts asking how was this place or that.
JMHO
Silentg
Whereas tripadvisor and other online reviews are available, the best and most accurate reviews are from a tugger. Tuggers are looking for certain elements and expect a level of accommodations and services.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
We actually live locally to that resort, and I thought I saw construction going on over there within the last couple of years. I could be wrong though because there is just a ton of contruction here on the beachside in general. If you love the area and want to come back but would prefer a smaller, recently updated resort, Oceanique in Indian Harbour Beach (so one town south) is great. It looks like they did a huge reno within the past year. The units there are large. I've traded for it on II when I had family in town and we all actually loved going over there to visit. Nice place, great location.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We'll be there in December. I have visited before and loved it. We'll update you.

nimrod

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there 3 weeks ago. Great location on beach, large units, all are 2 BR units with large balcony and easy access right to ocean. Would absolutely stay there again. No active construction on site except for replacing carpeting in some units.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope to hear a post-hurricane report, as we have an exchange for Nov. TIA!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could not find any Tugs review for this resort. Is it locate in Fort Lauderdale?

Trip Advisor reviews are not bad for a Fort Lauderdale timeshare resort. Is the resort near any restaurants and retails outlets in walking distance from the resort?

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is a mixer of timeshare villas and private condos; also it looks like from their web site it is very close to the Marriott Beach Palace in Fort Lauderdale.

I am totally confuse where is Satellite Beach located?

Last edited:

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they are currently closed because or Irma. Believe there was water damage.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they are currently closed because or Irma. Believe there was water damage.
Thanks Nancy. I called them, and they said they expect to re-open mid-October. Hope it works out as anticipated.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned, it was pretty fabulous IMO. They got their pool and hot tub opened in time for our exchange. Units are HUGE, more closet space than we have at home (not that we look for closet space on vaca). The oceanfront balcony is 30' wide and all units are direct oceanfront. Most folks we met exchanged in their first visit, then bought, some because of the 1-in-4.

Yes, there is new construction in the area. Our favorite restaurant was Long Doggers down the street - best clam strips and peel 'n eat shrimp of the trip, best deals Sundays or happy hour 3-6.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We were just there for the week of Dec 8, and it is SOOOO nice - of course, we had known it was great but we had an end unit so it was 1800 sq feet! The sponsored activities were great too, especially the karaoke night .... such great treats given by the resort and many songs we all sang together. Staff is wonderful.
They were enlarging the pool deck but did not restrict access to the pool.