• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help rescinding our TS deal

wesley42079

Reaction score
My wife and I attended a 90 minute presentation.

On 9/9/17, We ended up purchasing 84k points with a bonus of 120k points for $14,500. We got approved for a credit card and PayPal card, so the $4,500 down payment will be getting charged to PayPal.

After doing some research and stumbling onto this website, I need help in rescinding my contract. I am located in California, where there is a window of 7 days to rescind.

I need help in finding the address to send my rescinding letter to as well as the document listing all information needed to be in the rescinding letter.

I received so many pdf's from Wyndham Oceanside. I don't know which one details what needs to be included in the rescinding letter.

I really need help before I am stuck with a 10 year loan for $14,500 + interest.

I NEED HELP!

Wesley

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on finding us. There should be a page in your paperwork that tells you actually where to send the letter. I bought resell and not developer so I have never seen the entire packet. I am sure others will chime in really soon and can give you more information.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
In that pile of paper, or pdfs there ought to be something called "purchase and sale agreement" the rescission clause will be just above your signiture. The address will be there

ServeChilled

Reaction score
We are in the same boat you are; sending our letter out today. If you look in the legal size documents they gave you, our "Right to Cancel" information is about half way through that packet, on page 7 of the actual contract (past all the disclosures), item 43. Likewise, if you look in DocuSign e-mail they sent, that same page was page 30 of 48 in the attachment. If you save the PDF to your desk top (combined document), you can just do CTRL+F and type "right to cancel" and it will bring you right to it. The address is in Las Vegas. Hope this helps.

wesley42079

Reaction score
We are in the same boat you are; sending our letter out today. If you look in the legal size documents they gave you, our "Right to Cancel" information is about half way through that packet, on page 7 of the actual contract (past all the disclosures), item 43. Likewise, if you look in DocuSign e-mail they sent, that same page was page 30 of 48 in the attachment. If you save the PDF to your desk top (combined document), you can just do CTRL+F and type "right to cancel" and it will bring you right to it. The address is in Las Vegas. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I just arrived at the office and I only brought the "free" Kindle Fire they gave us with the PDF files. I'll check to see if I can find the document you referred to by doing a CTRL+F for "right to cancel."

By any chance, is this the address you are sending your letter to:

ACCOUNT CONTROLS AND ADMINISTRATION-RESCISSION DEPARTMENT
10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD, SUITE 130
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89135

ServeChilled

Reaction score
Yes that's where we sent our letter. The PDF with your contract should have been emailed to you, it wasn't on our kindle.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
ACCOUNT CONTROLS AND ADMINISTRATION-RESCISSION DEPARTMENT
10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD, SUITE 130
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89135

That's the address to send your letter to. As to content, the letter needs not be fancy or legalese, just:
I/We wish to cancel the purchase of contract #_____________ dated ______________
Signed___________husband ________________wife
promotional materials to be returned under separate cover.

Then send it USPS certified w/returned receipt. Include a COPY of the signature page of the contract for ID purposes. Send their stuff and the Kindle and keep the receipt.

It may take up to 45 days to see the refund in your credit card account, and they have no obligation to inform you of the progress. You might get calls from the sales people trying to get you to change your mind. Just don't answer unknown calls.

Relax. When/if you feel like learning more about timeshares, come back and do some reading about resale, or other systems. You'll be an informed consumer. Timeshare is a great way to vacation, but on YOUR terms, not the developers'.

Jim

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to keep the kindle :D

They are very unlikely to charge you for the Kindle if you don't return it. They are certainly within their rights to do so, but I doubt they will. So you could roll the dice and keep it and see what happens. Worst case scenario is they keep $100 worth of your deposit.

wesley42079

Reaction score
Relax. When/if you feel like learning more about timeshares, come back and do some reading about resale, or other systems. You'll be an informed consumer. Timeshare is a great way to vacation, but on YOUR terms, not the developers'.

Jim

Thanks for all your help Jim. I really appreciate it.

wesley42079

Reaction score
They are very unlikely to charge you for the Kindle if you don't return it. They are certainly within their rights to do so, but I doubt they will. So you could roll the dice and keep it and see what happens. Worst case scenario is they keep $100 worth of your deposit.

I'd be afraid that they will somehow use the Kindle Fire as a way of delaying my cancellation and thus, hold me to my contract. I will end up returning the Kindle Fire back to them along with any other vacation vouchers they gave us as a free gift. I just want to wash my hands away from everything my wife and I received from them.

The one thing we will take away from this experience is that we were able to stumble upon this great forum. Where users are very helpful and so willing to provide a wealth of information about the timeshare industry.

I will be reading more about resale and hopefully one day purchase some points to take a vacation with my wife and kids.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be afraid that they will somehow use the Kindle Fire as a way of delaying my cancellation and thus, hold me to my contract. I will end up returning the Kindle Fire back to them along with any other vacation vouchers they gave us as a free gift. I just want to wash my hands away from everything my wife and I received from them.

The one thing we will take away from this experience is that we were able to stumble upon this great forum. Where users are very helpful and so willing to provide a wealth of information about the timeshare industry.

I will be reading more about resale and hopefully one day purchase some points to take a vacation with my wife and kids.

dont worry about the Kindle Its not listed in the rescission clause in your contract, so returning it is not a condition

wesley42079

Reaction score
Ok, so I sent a fax this afternoon of my rescission letter and I also mailed the documents via USPS with signature confirmation and tracking.

By any chance, does anybody have the phone number for the Rescission dept to confirm that they received my fax/mailed documents?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Ok, so I sent a fax this afternoon of my rescission letter and I also mailed the documents via USPS with signature confirmation and tracking.

By any chance, does anybody have the phone number for the Rescission dept to confirm that they received my fax/mailed documents?
Everything I've read says you do NOT want to contact them by phone as they will most likely try to talk you out of cancelling. Since you have used USPS with signature confirmation and tracking you can tell when/if they receive the letter.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything I've read says you do NOT want to contact them by phone as they will most likely try to talk you out of cancelling. Since you have used USPS with signature confirmation and tracking you can tell when/if they receive the letter.
It's the sales dept you don't want to call. The folks that get your rescission letter will help you. That's their job. Unfortunately I don't have their number

wesley42079

Reaction score
Since you have used USPS with signature confirmation and tracking you can tell when/if they receive the letter.

Ok, I just wanted to get some type of response from Wyndham confirming that they received my fax/letter and that they will be processing the cancellation.

If I don't hear from them, I don't want to get any surprise mail in 30 days saying that they will be charging me for the monthly maintenance fee or anything like that.

wesley42079

Reaction score
It's the sales dept you don't want to call. The folks that get your rescission letter will help you. That's their job. Unfortunately I don't have their number

Thanks Ron. I tried looking at all my paperwork I received on Sept 9, but no contact number for the Rescission Dept.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
There is no requirement for them to call or acknowledge your recission. Your copy of the letter and tracking information is your receipt and proof. They might be nice and answer the phone and acknowledge receipt, but not necessarily....

Glad you found TUG.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
You will get a email from Wyndham with the confirmation of your recession. It doesn't take that long after you submit recession letter. It took about 2 weeks for the whole process to be complete! Sent rescission letter 7/13, received Wyndham confirmation of rescission 7/19

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score

You definitely do not have to return the vacation vouchers you were given in exchange for agreeing to attend the presentation. Though in my experience most of these vouchers are not worth the paper they are printed on. There will be lots of hoops, and often extra fees involved to use them.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
You will get a email from Wyndham with the confirmation of your recession. It doesn't take that long after you submit recession letter. It took about 2 weeks for the whole process to be complete! Sent rescission letter 7/13, received Wyndham confirmation of rescission 7/19
Good to know. I don't think this is the case with all developers....certainly not some.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
I will be doing this tomorrow! And other examples of rescind letters or does the one in the above reply thread work fine?