• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Information page

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Quite a while ago I asked about a TUG Information page that I had printed out & carried in my purse to hand out to interested people at timeshare resorts. I couldn't find it anywhere in the website and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. I cant remember when or where I found it on (the old) TUG website.
Today while cleaning out some old purses I found my copy! It is quite worn & dog-eared but pretty legible.

TUG page.jpg

If the page is not on the website maybe it should be. I would like permission to re-type the page and make copies for our next timeshare visit if it isn't going to be included on TUG pages. I find the info a great help when telling others about TUG. I have even given a salesperson a copy in the past.

~Diane

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you are absolutely welcome to make flyers with TUG information on them for the purpose of handing out to owners. I know some other members who print out business cards with the tug website and info on it to hand out while on vacation (vistaprint and others let you get 250 cards delivered for free for like 8 dollars or something silly like that)

provided you arent using the information or TUG logo to promote some other entity or in some other use outside the purpose of promting TUG, there is no problem whatsoever! (not saying you personally are, just putting it out there just in case someone else reads this and decides to be creative)

this is the current "about TUG" page, but obviously its not mean to be printed out or handed out to folks.

http://www.tug2.net/tuginfo.html

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe the business cards could be mocked up on Vistaprint and a link could be shared by those wanting to purchase a supply? Like we do with the t-shirts?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I sent off an email to vistaprint to see if one can "share" a design for retail purchase via a link so any interested party could order a small package of cards that are already pre-created!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well that was quick, apparently this can be done quite easily and a link can be shared for anyone wishing to purchase the cards.

i just went in to play around with their card creator for about 60 seconds and came up with this:

newcardsample.jpg

this of course isnt the final design, i figured id open it up for feedback to see what folks feel should be added or removed (we can also print on the back too).

so what would you guys like to see on a card you want to hand out to other owners at a resort?

(note we could put something about resale/retail/presentations/etc on the other side

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
well that was quick, apparently this can be done quite easily and a link can be shared for anyone wishing to purchase the cards.

i just went in to play around with their card creator for about 60 seconds and came up with this:

View attachment 4754

this of course isnt the final design, i figured id open it up for feedback to see what folks feel should be added or removed (we can also print on the back too).

so what would you guys like to see on a card you want to hand out to other owners at a resort?

(note we could put something about resale/retail/presentations/etc on the other side
I would add, let us know who told you about us ______. This way if they join the referral info is on the card. I think this can be on the back of the card too.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Brian, it might be worthwhile to add a sentence about the value of purchasing resale as opposed to from a developer presentation. It was during or right after sales presentations (haha, welcome breakfasts) that I handed out most of those pages. I folded them up so that the title & first few lines were visible & quietly handed them to people who looked like they were contemplating buying or as they were leaving.

A business card with some information and the website is a great idea. :clap: Until then, I have re-typed the page and made a few dozen copies for next months trip to Florida!

~Diane

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well drat, apparently adding something on the back nearly doubles the cost of the card purchase (adds 7 dollars, and you only get 3 lines vs the whole thing) here is an idea

tugcardsample2.jpg

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
well drat, apparently adding something on the back nearly doubles the cost of the card purchase (adds 7 dollars, and you only get 3 lines vs the whole thing) here is an idea

View attachment 4761
Nice, how about " I wish I would have found Tug before I bought my timeshare for full retail price"

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
haha, well sadly we dont hear that exact quote...but the other one is easily the most common thing we get in email/phone calls!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
haha...tug2.com is the member homepage...has been for many years!

i really need to find someone to redesign the .net homepage...its just so dated.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok, here is a link to order the cards.

it looks like the cheapest base order of 100 is $23 bucks, but they have a promo code 'VPDEALS' took 10 dollars off my order so it should be 15 bucks or so for those interested!

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/gateway.aspx?s=4009498015&preurl=/share-design.aspx?doc_id=3449022899&shopper_id=RTIEJH6TMFPXFOQHP770H7SRSOPGS5RN&xnav=sharesource_8&share_key=5a38b269-1dc9-475a-80cc-98b1defb2878

if you send me the receipt from your order of a set of cards, ill credit your membership an extra year to offset the cost.

bday1126

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 4754

Brian this is great I am glad this member brought this up. At all the timeshares I visit I always promote TUG and have to write on a piece of paper the info. This card would really be beneficial. Jim

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 4754

Brian, what are you doing, designing business cards at 3:00 in the morning? (My preferences are set to Eastern time, should be reading your post times correctly.)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
ok, here is a link to order the cards.

it looks like the cheapest base order of 100 is $23 bucks, but they have a promo code 'VPDEALS' took 10 dollars off my order so it should be 15 bucks or so for those interested!

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/gateway.aspx?s=4009498015&preurl=/share-design.aspx?doc_id=3449022899&shopper_id=RTIEJH6TMFPXFOQHP770H7SRSOPGS5RN&xnav=sharesource_8&share_key=5a38b269-1dc9-475a-80cc-98b1defb2878

if you send me the receipt from your order of a set of cards, ill credit your membership an extra year to offset the cost.
I have been considering creating cards to hand out. It would be great if they also included a web address of www.tugbbs.com. I know one can get to it from the main Tug2.net address, but having the direct link is great too. It would also be cool if there was a marker and perhaps blank line to enter a referral name if someone decides to sign up.

TimGolobic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
I would make the suggestion to print on their thin plastic stock instead of paper. Most meetings and discussions take place at the pool or hot tub and the plastic card survives a swimsuit. It really is worth any additional price.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would make the suggestion to print on their thin plastic stock instead of paper. Most meetings and discussions take place at the pool or hot tub and the plastic card survives a swimsuit. It really is worth any additional price.
Last time I looked though, the plastic stock was very expensive, perhaps a dollar or more per card?

TimGolobic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
When I got mine done (can't recall if it was VistaPrint) it was really a very small additional charge, at least worth comparing your options. I also had mine double-sided. There were different thickness options, from thin and bendy to solid like a room key or credit card. Maybe instead of each person ordering a small batch it would be a better price to do a single big run and one person can distribute, not that I'm volunteering?

overthehill

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark since 1998 - Stayed at WM 61 resorts so far, but slowing down
Here is a photo of the original TUG business card Bill gave out to TUG members in the late 90's. The member name appeared in the lower right corner with TUG Member on the next line and the member's email address on the last line. I used white out covering my last name and email address from years ago. The back side of the card, much of which no longer applies, is also shown.

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_1124.JPG

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
blast from the past right there!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian, what are you doing, designing business cards at 3:00 in the morning? (My preferences are set to Eastern time, should be reading your post times correctly.)

the hurricane and subsequent power outages (and baby) have my schedule all messed up! im awake at all hours of the night now :(

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have been considering creating cards to hand out. It would be great if they also included a web address of www.tugbbs.com. I know one can get to it from the main Tug2.net address, but having the direct link is great too. It would also be cool if there was a marker and perhaps blank line to enter a referral name if someone decides to sign up.

someone mentioned when you click the link...you can make your own cosmetic changes to the card if you wish! if you want to swap out the link for tugbbs.com thats fine with me. as long as it points to one of the TUG websites i dont mind!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

I believe you can choose whatever stock you want it on, i just picked the cheapest available to keep the cost down in the example!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
the hurricane and subsequent power outages (and baby) have my schedule all messed up! im awake at all hours of the night now :(

I call horse puckeys. As long as I've known you I've been getting emails from you at all hours of the night.

... of course, most of that was before you became an old married dude.

Last edited: