• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Grand Vista Orlando FL

micheleclarke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello -
Next month my family and I are staying at the Marriott Grand Vista in Orlando FL. We are considering buying there. We are staying in a one bedroom villa when we arrive -
My question is about which "building" I should request to stay in? There are lots and I am hoping someone can give me best advice on which pools are best, which buildings are closest to best pools and things like that. We want our first visit to really be positive - like I said we are motivated buyers.
Thanks!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The West Village where the Plaza del Sol pool and Copa Loca is located is the only zero entry pool on property. I don't know the age of your children, but it may be a good option. The main pool is in the Clubhouse Village. The only buildings you won't be able to request with your 1BR unit are 77, 78, 85 and 86. You can see a map here.

micheleclarke

TUG Member
Reaction score
The West Village where the Plaza del Sol pool and Copa Loca is located is the only zero entry pool on property. I don't know the age of your children, but it may be a good option. The main pool is in the Clubhouse Village. The only buildings you won't be able to request with your 1BR unit are 77, 78, 85 and 86. You can see a map here.
Hi- what does zero entry pool mean? Our child is 14. Any advice would be appreciated!

micheleclarke

TUG Member
Reaction score
We thought the Village Center pool was the main pool with all the palm trees and cabanas. Pictures may be misleading.
We like to be close to the excitement !

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi- what does zero entry pool mean? Our child is 14. Any advice would be appreciated!
Zero entry is a gentle sloped entry instead of stairs. At 14, this shouldn't be an issue. I would pick either the West Village or the Clubhouse Village sections. There really isn't a wrong choice.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I'm not even sure you can request a building there, can you? We've been owners for 14 years and love Grande Vista. We can request views and levels (low floor, mid, or high) but not buildings. When I check in, if I'm not happy with the building assignment, I always ask if there is anything available in our preferred buildings and we often can get something if we agree to wait a few hours for the room to be cleaned.

You are correct - in addition to the Copa Loca pool, the Villiage Center Pool is the other main pool and that is near everything: bar, restaurant, ice cream shop, beach, game room, fitness center, etc etc etc. If I wanted to be where the action is, I would want to be in building 80 or 81. The Clubside Village pool is a quiet, smaller pool.
We're going next month too. :banana: I hope the weather will be warmer than the forecast for this weekend.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
Hello -
Next month my family and I are staying at the Marriott Grand Vista in Orlando FL. We are considering buying there. We are staying in a one bedroom villa when we arrive -
My question is about which "building" I should request to stay in? There are lots and I am hoping someone can give me best advice on which pools are best, which buildings are closest to best pools and things like that. We want our first visit to really be positive - like I said we are motivated buyers.
Thanks!
It will depend on what you and your child are more interested in. IMHO, the Copa Loca has the better pools (actually 2 on a split level) and is where some activities (like karaoke) are held (which may attract or repel you depending). The Village Center Pool will put you closer to the fitness center, activity center, game room, ice cream/candy shop, boat rentals, beach volleyball, etc. If you want to 'do it all' you may be happier on the Village side and just take the bridge across the lake to use the Copa Loca pool. Enjoy. We own multiple weeks at Marriott Grande Vista and have been very satisfied. We started out like you by doing a promotional stay before deciding that buying a Marriott Vacation Club week (back then they still sold weeks) was what we wanted (although we have purchased all of our weeks resale). If you like what you see during your stay and decide you want to become owners, they will focus on selling you only destination club (DC) points. You can still purchase a week by requesting information on a 'hybrid' purchase (you can search for more on that here on TUG) which is a combination of points and a week. However, if you want to own just a week buying resale is your only option.

There is a wealth of knowledge and information on TUG and you will find many folks here who will offer their experience and opinions to you. Before you spend your money, study up. We learned so much from other knowledgeable owners here on TUG (and it saved us more than 15% without even having to change insurance companies).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm not even sure you can request a building there, can you?
We have, not a specific buildings, but three top choices. You don't do this through the email or form that they send. Call or follow up to the preferences email response. It usually works well for us. Though we are owners there, so that may give us an edge where the OP is not. They did indicate in one reply that they don't take requests for specific buildings, but they still noted our reservation with our request.