• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just returned from Breeze Private Residences, Costa Rica. Any questions?

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
We had a great week at the Breeze. One of the big issues with this resort on TUG is the assorted fees. We booked way back in October 2015, and the resort honored the $50 fee for the entire unit to have access to the beach club. The current rate is $70 per person. The other fee is $210 for wi-fi and housekeeping for the week. You can get the wi-fi and housekeeping for free if you go to a timeshare presentation. We decided to skip that "deal" and live without wi-fi and housekeeping.

We enjoyed a couple day trips, and there is a very nice grocery store just outside the resort gate. Weather was flawless -- the first time we saw any significant amount of clouds was the day we left. Playa Coco is a very casual kind of place. The only time I dressed for dinner was at the resort's beach club, and most everywhere else in town it is just a t-shirt and shorts for dinner.

Lazz

Reaction score
Thank you for the report. Was there WiFi in any public areas (pool, Lobby, etc.). Would renting a car be helpful? Were US dollars accepted?

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I booked the unit through RCI in October 2015. Many thanks to the person here on TUG who posted the huge list of available units back then.

We didn't pay for wifi, so I can't comment on the Breeze's wifi by the the pool. We did notice that there was an open wifi connection, but as always with open wifi, approach with caution.

We converted about $250 US to Costa Rican colones before we left on our trip. Knowing what we know now, colones are not needed. US dollars were accepted everywhere. Probably the only advantage of having colones is better value without the expense of foreign exchange.

We didn't have a car or a golf cart. Taxis were super cheap to the beach area of Playa Coco at only $2 US each way. A car would be great if you wanted to see some other beaches, or wanted to explore Paloverde National Park and other attractions without the expense of a tour operator.

The golf carts cost $45/day or $280/week. I heard that ordinary rental cars are cheaper, and I saw both cars and carts available for rent within walking distance of the resort.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We enjoyed a couple day trips...

I'd be interested in whatever you can tell about your day trips. How arranged, where they went, any mosquitoes along the way, etc.

Thanks

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We took two day trips.

One was on the Marlin Del Rey, booked directly through their website: http://marlindelrey.com/
We were initially signed up for the morning tour, but their website mentioned that sometimes morning tours need to be rescheduled due to a lack of sign-ups. Sure enough, they contacted us by phone and e-mail the day before to reschedule. The options were a different morning, a different afternoon, or a full refund. We rescheduled for the afternoon tour the next day. Overall, this issue was handled very well.
There is an open bar on the boat, and lunch is served on the afternoon tour. The afternoon tour is $10 more than the morning tour. We cruised along the coastline, and then stopped for an hour in a cove for swimming, snorkeling, or a ride on their little boat into the beach. We decided to swim from the boat, but I wish we had gone to shore. You can walk a little on the beach and play around in the water at the shoreline. The crew then re-boarded everyone, and we traveled back towards Playa Coco. The boat stayed out some distance so that we could enjoy the sunset. We were gone from about 1:15 pm to 6 pm.

We also signed up for a tour through Travelocity:
https://www.travelocity.com/things-...=Guanacaste - North Pacific Coast, Costa Rica
This tour was as presented in the description, except that we didn't get to walk around in Liberia. Instead we stopped at a nice souvenir shopping center outside of town. Kind of disappointing, but our small group seemed to be worn out, and the driver was willing to accommodate. The river tour was great...the boat driver seemed to be able to spot almost any animal from some distance, and he would then maneuver the boat in as close as possible. We saw several crocodiles, monkeys, small bats, lizards/iguanas, and lots of birds. Our little group was on a boat that had seats for over 40 people, so it was nice to be able to move around on the boat for pictures and shade.

Last edited:

phicha

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Imperial Hawaii Vacation Club
Did you use an all inclusive resort?

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were at Breeze Private Residences, and they do not offer an all-inclusive program or meal plan.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have looked at this, and I have a couple of questions if you have time.

The first is how were the rooms? I would be especially interested in how spacious they were, and how well equipped you thought the kitchen was.

Also, how long did it take to get to the beach club, and how was the beach? Was there a good availability of chairs, and how was the surf? Pretty rough or smooth?

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Coco is in a bay, and the waves are very gentle. I saw families and couples hanging around in chest deep water without any concerns. I was able to walk to the beach in a brisk 12 minute walk. However, the road into town is very uneven. Be prepared for pavement, gravel, dirt, and steep up and down steps and ramps. I don't recommend the town for anyone with a wheelchair, stroller, or other mobility issues. In my opinion you should wear athletic shoes -- no flip flops.

The condo was great. We were in a one bedroom, and the kitchen is huge. Plenty of drawers and cabinets, plus Cuisinart appliances. The sofa and chair in the living room were just OK. The bedroom had a king bed, and just enough room to walk around the edges of the bed. The dresser had a cabinet and deep drawers. The bathroom had two sinks, a spacious shower, and a separate toilet area. The bathroom can be accessed from the master and the living room in case you have guests sleeping on the fold-out sofa. One thing I can say about this condo is that there is a ton of storage space. There is also a clothes washer and dryer that worked great.

You can see photos and video of the resort here: https://www.theregistrycollection.com/resort/D989