• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lake Powell / Page, Az

DianneL

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Want to travel to this area. Seems flying to Las Vegas, driving to Page for three days or so and returning to Las Vegas for a timeshare stay is an option. Any other suggestions?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only reasonable flight option I can see. Once you get past Mesquite, it's a pretty drive.

Also, as long as you're going that way, I'd recommend you stop for a couple hours at Valley of Fire if you've never been there. IIRC it's about 15 minutes off I-15.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
About your only other choice is flying into Phoenix, but there is still some driving to be done. Lake Powell is absolutely worth seeing, but the "getting there" part is the hardest. If you can plan time ahead and not be rushed, you can make an adventure of it, and see some awesome things. I've been house boating on Lake Powell seven times, for a week at a time. It is scenery unlike anything I've seen anywhere else in the world. I'd go back again tomorrow. It's totally worth it.

If you opt for the LV route, then the most scenic way to get to Page, in my experience, is to drive up I-15 to St. George, Utah. (~Two hours or so.) From St George, you can head east on Highway 9 through Zion National Park to the east side (Mt. Carmel Junction.). Turn south on Highway 89, and head through Kanab, Utah. (An old west town used in many western movies. John Wayne and such.)

If you have time, head south from Kanab on 89A toward Fredonia, AZ, to Jacob Lake. A short drive south from there on Highway 67 is the North Rim of Grand Canyon. (Views of the canyon are better from the North Rim, and crowds are much lower. ) From there you can make your way back to 89A and continue on to Page.

If Grand Canyon isn't on the schedule, continue east from Kanab on Highway 89 to Page. The return trip is just as easily done, or you can opt for a more southerly route on 89 to I-40, head west to Flagstaff, maybe swing down through Sedona. Continue east on I-40 to Kingman, and take Highway 93 north to Las Vegas.

Have fun!
Dave

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
For your pre- or post-timeshare stay, in addition to Vegas there are timeshares at St George and Flagstaff. I think the latter would make a nice combination with Lake Powell.

Sue

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
When you go to Page, AZ, don't miss Upper/Lower Antelope Canyon. For anyone not familiar with it, just Google and click on images for the most amazing pictures. I can't remember if we went into Upper or Lower, but I do know that we walked straight into it on level ground and no ladders were involved.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
When you go to Page, AZ, don't miss Upper/Lower Antelope Canyon. For anyone not familiar with it, just Google and click on images for the most amazing pictures.

Can't emphasize this enough, do it.

I also recommend you take the photographers trips, they hold up other trips and they show you the best shots to take, they also time them so the shaft of light is available during the photo trip times. Get a tripod or stick, it is so worth while, even with a simple camera and some basic exposure controls. Here is my picture from that trip
DSC_1409.jpg

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow!

Having achieved "See the wolves in Lamar Valley in Yellowstone" and "Climb Angels Landing in Zion NP" and "Watch the Full Moon rise within the Arches of Arches National Park", I am now looking for some new experiences; I have just added "Hike Antelope Valley" to my bucket list.

Thanks for the idea.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Can't emphasize this enough, do it.
Yes, do it! I got similar pictures just using a point-and-shoot camera and I think my cellphone would take great photos, too.

It's a bit misleading to call these phenomenal places "canyons" because they are more like caves. They are on Indian land and you must have an Indian guide take you in but they are all set up for it and the tours are very easy. The one that you walk right into is an easy walk on level ground and even if there are a lot of people walking through it with you you can still get incredible pictures just looking up or tilting your camera or phone above the people.

It truly is one of those amazing places that should be on everyone's bucket list!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Want to travel to this area. Seems flying to Las Vegas, driving to Page for three days or so and returning to Las Vegas for a timeshare stay is an option. Any other suggestions?
The scenery in this whole area is so amazing that you are in for a treat. Another nearby spot that is worth driving through is Monument Valley. If you've ever seen the old westerns, you'll recognize many movie scenes. Look at this website for some ideas of stuff in the area.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Take a look at this article that was linked in another post in the Travel forum as describes other places of interest near Page, AZ. The writer started his trip in Las Vegas but didn't spend much time here.

DianneL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a look at this article that was linked in another post in the Travel forum as describes other places of interest near Page, AZ. The writer started his trip in Las Vegas but didn't spend much time here.
Thanks for the link. That is a great article with lots of info. We have seen several of the destinations, but not all. Will definitely be a help in planning the trip.