• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Paris apartment rental recommendation

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
Has anyone done an apartment rental in Paris? If so, how was the experience and would you recommend it for a 3-night stay? There will be 2 couples, so we'd need a 2BD, 2 bath in mid-May. Alternatively, we've been looking at hotels that would have 2 bedrooms with an adjoining sitting area we could share, but I am not seeing any options for this except for some that have two twins in the 2nd bedroom.

Also, what would be the best arrondissement to avoid restaurants that cater mainly to tourists?
We are currently looking at Marais, Latin Quarter, and St. Germain.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
We have rented 2 bedroom apartments in several European cities, including Paris, and found it worked well for our family. It did seem common to have twin beds in a second bedroom, although that was what we wanted. The one we had in Paris was in Marias, on a quiet street and a few blocks from Metro connections. We found we were able to rent for less than a week.

Several of our rentals were via agencies that specialize in managing rental properties and that worked well for us because it gave us another way to ensure that they were legitimate and of decent quality. I would now consider VRBO as well, but in areas I don't know I like having the agency available if there are issues.

zora

TUG Member
Reaction score
During our last visit to Paris we stayed in a 3 bdrm in the 11th arrondisment: http://www.ademar-colinas.com/en/the-apartment-3/
and loved it. Close to the metro, secure building, owner is a retired dr (this is where he raised his family) and managed by his daughter.
If we're in Paris with our children, this is where we'll stay.

Tamino

Reaction score
Has anyone done an apartment rental in Paris? If so, how was the experience and would you recommend it for a 3-night stay?

Most rental apartments offered in Paris are illegal. The government has passed laws in recent years to dramatically curtail the renting of apartments short term. There are however, two broad categories of apartments which are legal to rent:

1. Those that are an owner´s primary resident, offered as a short term rental while he is away.

2. Those which have received specific authority from the government to rent short term, defined as periods of fewer than 12 months. There are only several hundred such apartments currently available. Given that there are tens of thousands of vacation rental apartments currently available on line in Paris, the number of approved apartments is statistically insignificant.

There will be 2 couples, so we'd need a 2BD, 2 bath in mid-May. Alternatively, we've been looking at hotels that would have 2 bedrooms with an adjoining sitting area we could share, but I am not seeing any options for this except for some that have two twins in the 2nd bedroom.

There are a number of such hotels. Here are but a few:

Citadine
Adagio
Hotel Residence Henri 4

Also, what would be the best arrondissement to avoid restaurants that cater mainly to tourists?
We are currently looking at Marais, Latin Quarter, and St. Germain.

The areas you mention are those containing a large number of tourists. Excellent restaurants are not geographically limited to any specific area, nor are the bad ones.

For restaurant information, I use these sources for recommendations:

Paris by Mouth
David Lebovitz

Francoiis Simon

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
Thanks to all who posted. We were able to book at Residence Prince Regent.