• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lucayan Ocean City MD

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed here lately?
the reviews are old and mixed
We stayed here in maybe 2012? It was ok but we are not very picky

Doesn't need to be fancy and do they change the code each week to access your room

taloa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello happybaby

Stayed there twice. (2015-and2016). Once in larger half of lockout. You can hear everything from other half. Once in entire unit. Wife would not go back if we only had 1/2. Outdoor pool was closed, due to time of year. Indoor pool is very large and I was only one in that pool. (October)

Units are ok. No planned activities. Car is a must.

Do not know about code.

Taloa

taloa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happybaby

Please disregard my previous message. That was about Club Ocean Villas II.
Lucayan has under gone many improvements, since converting many units to condos.

They have been updating furniture, and kitchens. If you can arrange your own activities, the Lucayan units are acceptable. Hallways and (only one) elevator not in the greatest shape.
Do not know about the key code.

Taloa

SusanRN

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed here lately?
the reviews are old and mixed
We stayed here in maybe 2012? It was ok but we are not very picky

Doesn't need to be fancy and do they change the code each week to access your room

Hi, happybaby:
I own late June and mid-August weeks at the Lucayan and go at least once during the summer with one of my daughters. They each go one week with their kids.
The Lucayan upgraded the kitchens, decks, and second baths a couple of years ago and is currently going through a small special assessment to have all of the main baths upgraded by May 2017.
The furniture is not Marriott quality, but adequate for the beach. The hallways have now been painted [the problem was that the condo association owns them, not the timeshare]. Yes, unit codes are changed each Friday. There are no planned activities [there are only about 18 timeshare units here -- the rest are condos]. The outdoor pool is very nice and is open in the evening. There is a killer view of the bay, if that appeals.
Feel free to PM me with additional questions.
Susan