• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Split Stays at WDW

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For the first time we will be doing a split stay at WDW - Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club Villas. Does Disney provide any help in getting luggage from one to the other? And is there any way for Disney to read this as one 'stay' for the purposes of Dining reservations and Fastpasses? Thanks in advance...

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Yes. Disney is good about helping you to make the move and will transport your luggage for you. Ask for details at check-in.

I am pretty sure there's no way to "link" your reservations as you are staying in entirely different resorts but it MIGHT be possible for them to assist with dining plan continuation if that's something you're wanting. FP shouldn't really be a problem nor should dining. Why not call MS to ask? Happy planning!

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney is great with moving your bags. They will even store your groceries at the appropriate temperature, fridge or freezer. They collect you bags when you check out, you spend your day at the parks and your bags magically appear in your new home when you get there.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
For the first time we will be doing a split stay at WDW - Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club Villas. Does Disney provide any help in getting luggage from one to the other? And is there any way for Disney to read this as one 'stay' for the purposes of Dining reservations and Fastpasses? Thanks in advance...
If you have the dining plan, it will be two separate plans - one for each reservation. If you are booking ADRs, you should be able to book up to 180 days plus 10 more days of reservations for your first day. For FP+ you may need to wait until you are 60 days out for the second reservation.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have the dining plan, it will be two separate plans - one for each reservation. If you are booking ADRs, you should be able to book up to 180 days plus 10 more days of reservations for your first day. For FP+ you may need to wait until you are 60 days out for the second reservation.
Thank you all for your responses - moving our bags while we are at a park is exactly what I was hoping for. Also, I don't know (yet) if it is true or not, but the feedback I got on other forums is that on dining reservations Disney does allow you to book up to 180+10 days in advance over a split stay. You just need to call them to book the dining reservations for the 2nd half - the website can't deal.

WideEyedOwl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add, I hope you will really enjoy your split stay, my family and I usually stay at 3 or sometimes 2 resorts; depending on length of stay, usually no less than 3 nights at a resort; since we first started DVC in 08. The first time was a fluke, forced upon us by limited availability and we liked it so much, we've been doing it that way ever since. Never had a problem, our luggage always arrived at our new resort before we checked in, and we used any carry over snack or meal credits from the previous resort meal plan during our first day checked in to our new resort. We usually book BLT (which is our home resort) for the end of our stay because we like taking the Magical Express back to the airport from there because it's direct and you don't have to go to any other resorts and wait for other guests.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are doing the dining plan, you have until midnight of the first check out night to use that first allotment of credits.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add, I hope you will really enjoy your split stay, my family and I usually stay at 3 or sometimes 2 resorts; depending on length of stay...
We've been members since 2007 and as I said at the top of the thread this will be our first time doing a split stay. I booked it this way partly because our experiences of two years ago strongly suggested that we stay next to the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day and next to EPCOT on New Years Eve...and partly because we simply ran out of BLT points.

But after reading your post and thinking more about planning our trip to WDW I'm beginning to think that 'resort hopping' might be brilliant. The idea of only going to MK while we're at BLT and only going to EPCOT and HS while we're at BCV is quite attractive. And on future trips, perhaps staying at Saratoga Springs on days we anticipate visiting Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon or AKV on days we want to go to AK and Blizzard Beach. I had never heard of anyone choosing to split their stay...you may well be on to something...;-)

WideEyedOwl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you tried it and enjoyed it. We still love it because it's kind of like a new vacation inside our vacation. Plus you get fresh towels. LOL

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
Does anyone know if you split your stay between a WDW Resort Hotel and a DVC Resort, if Disney will do the luggage transfer?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Does anyone know if you split your stay between a WDW Resort Hotel and a DVC Resort, if Disney will do the luggage transfer?
Yes, they are still transferring luggage from one WDW Disney resort to another. You can call Bell Services to come pick up your bags from your room (you have to be there) or bring them to Bell Services yourself, and the same is true on the other side. Tips expected at both ends, of course.