• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Clearwater

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked 11 months out at Clearwater using my reciprocal if anyone is interested

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked 11 months out at Clearwater using my reciprocal if anyone is interested

Which resort contract gave the RARP right?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not understanding. All VIP Gold contracts get reciprocal ARP at Clearwater?

Some VIP Levels get reciprocal ARP at any of the Club Wyndham Plus resorts. Not just Clearwater. Limited to one or two per year.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
As Avislo says some VIPs get one, some get two

Reciprocal Advance Reservation Priority

• Confirm reservations outside your “home” resort at other CLUB WYNDHAM Plus locations up to 11 months in advance of check-in.
Gold gets one a year, platinum gets two

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I uses my RARP every once in a while. I do not use it every year. Maybe I should think about it. Where do I want to go for next year February?? Any suggestions?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I uses my RARP every once in a while. I do not use it every year. Maybe I should think about it. Where do I want to go for next year February?? Any suggestions?

If you ski, Northern Resorts. If you want to compete with snowbirds, Florida. Or pass on ARP and use Wyndham Club Pass instead. Would pass on the major city event resorts in light of recent events.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mardi Gras

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Feb is a great month to visit San Antonio.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not understanding. All VIP Gold contracts get reciprocal ARP at Clearwater?
Yes I know. When I called to book Clearwater, I was told that being a new resort Clearwater was not opened yet to using a reciprocal. After working my way up through 3 different people I was told Wyndham has just opened it up to reciprocal booking, right! This was merely to tell people it is possible.

bobgolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are no reviews on Clearwater yet. We have a week at Christmas booked. I would like to see some reviews if anybody has experienced this new resort.

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I were there on Mar 10 for the weekend. The resort is very nice. Modern decor. Parking is in a parking deck which we feel is to small to handle the amount of rooms as we noticed that some of the cars were not parking in spaces causing problems in trying to manuever the ramps for driving. Traffic was a problem getting to the resort. plus it was the beginning of spring break week. but once we got there and parked we were within walking distance to many restuarants and the beach. Very nice workout room looking out over the water. The balconies on on the side of the building so you have view of either the gulf or the bay where there boats docked. We thought the whole weekend was very relaxing and we also booked to come back in December. all in all a beautiful resort in a great locations (excusing traffic)

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I've lived in the Clearwater area for well over 30 years. Clearwater Beach IS absolutely gorgeous. However, it must be understood that the traffic is as bad as the beach is good. Holiday times are VERY bad traffic wise, as are weekends. There are only two roads to get you there ( Clearwater Beach is actually an island for those that do not know). When driving there you will encounter much less traffic if you approach it from the South on Gulf Blvd. and go over the bridge at Sand Key. Coming across 60 you risk a 2,3,4 mile backup during busy times. Once you park at the resort, you can pretty much walk anywhere you want to go. The beach and pier (great night fishing) are right across the street. Brunch at Shepard's is a good take on the weekend. Stuff yourself with all the crab legs you can get and more. Usually they will have music outside while you eat. Frenchy's is a great bunch of hole in the wall bars scattered across the island (excellent fish tacos). Sand Key state park is a nice place but not much different from Clearwater Beach. Honeymoon Island State Park has fewer visitors, but the beach is very rocky. Great picnic areas though and you can catch the ferry over to Caladesi Island State Park where the beach can be all yours if you get there early. Golf is widely available and very cheap during the summer, you will need a tee time during the winter. The Dali Museum is about 40 minutes away as well as the Rays baseball stadium. Hockey is in tampa, about a 45 minute drive with good traffic. However, you just may not even want to leave the island and that is just fine. There is a Publix supermarket 5 minutes from the resort where you can stock up. The Clearwater Marine Center is right around the corner from that. That is where the Dolphin Tale movies were filmed. You get a great education on the rehabbing of sealife there.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
I managed to book one night in a 2 bedroom via Wyndam in a few weeks. I used my husbands name on the reservation as it is in the middle of another reservation we have up in Orlando but that one is in my name. Do you think they will cancel it on us ?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I managed to book one night in a 2 bedroom via Wyndam in a few weeks. I used my husbands name on the reservation as it is in the middle of another reservation we have up in Orlando but that one is in my name. Do you think they will cancel it on us ?
no

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny I never thought about going to this location since I am on the West coast but it was just included in my SPAM email from Wyndham. Are they tracking my what I read on TUG? I just got done reading this thread and less then 5 mins later I get the email. LOL

Of course they want $330+ a night.

Clearwater Beach Special Offer
30% Off

Stay at Clearwater Beach, TripAdvisor’s top-ranked beach in the U.S., famous for its sugar white sandy shores and save 30 percent on one- and two-bedroom units at Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort. This modern, new resort features deluxe amenities, including the Pallavi Spa, beach cabanas, complimentary Wi-Fi access, a restaurant, bars and even room service. This is the beach resort you’ve been waiting for! Book Now or call 800-989-1850 and mention OWNSPECIAL. Offered by Wyndham Extra Holidays. Please see Offer Details below for additional information.