• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Exchange Question

Reaction score
If you own a HVC annual deeded week can you do an exchange at another Hyatt property every year or is it every other year?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
You can exchange multiple times every year. Our first year owning we got 4-5 weeks out of our 2000 pts. , a 2 bedroom lock off unit in Sedona. Enjoy! We
have yet to visit exchange into every Hyatt but are getting close

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tucson Traveler, which Hyatt property have y'all enjoyed the most?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We loved Northstar, Park Hyatt Residence Club at Beaver Creek, Pinon Pointe, Carmel, and I'm sure we will add Siesta Key and Hawaii
after our stays there. There are many more we love but these are our favorites. The Florida ones are all very fun as well. It depends what setting you are going for.
Aspen is nice too for ski season and summer. Our first year we just tried to stretch our points, so did stays slightly off season, lots of 1 bedrooms and studios and 4 day mid week stays. After buying our second week
we are able to splurge more and aren't quite as focused on stretching our points

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aspen in the Fall or Carmel have been the two we enjoyed the most. I would like to try and get in to the Park Hyatt @ Beaver Creek for a ski season. We just bought in Key West (last year), and were hoping to use it this year, however, schedules are not looking good. So, like your first year, are now re-thinking the use into multiple shorter stays.

OP, sorry for derailing your thread. To bring it back around, if you have the points available, and there is availability at the location you want to stay, you can use them and stay anywhere in the Hyatt system. The game becomes managing the points, understanding the CUP/LCUP dates in relation to your deeded week, and catching availability at the location you want to stay at when you want to stay there. If you have the ability to be flexible in your travel plans, the points can be very useful. If not, buying a week at the location you want to be most guarantees you the use because of the deeded unit (or RTU depending on location).

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
You can exchange multiple times every year. Our first year owning we got 4-5 weeks out of our 2000 pts. , a 2 bedroom lock off unit in Sedona. Enjoy! We
have yet to visit exchange into every Hyatt but are getting close

Sorry, could you explain how you were able to get 4-5 weeks out of 2000 points? We are trying to purchase a deeded week/unit (2000) points, and would love to do this occasionally. I assume it would entail traveling in Copper season weeks..?

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, could you explain how you were able to get 4-5 weeks out of 2000 points? We are trying to purchase a deeded week/unit (2000) points, and would love to do this occasionally. I assume it would entail traveling in Copper season weeks..?

Involves traveling during off-peak times and using midweeks..

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We do a lot of 4 day midweek stays. For example in May we are going to Maui 4 days mid week and using a 1 bedroom instead of 2. Colorado in the summer is very reasonable as well. If only 2 of you are traveling you can use a studio to save points and some places will upgrade you to a 1 bedroom if space is available for either the difference in cleani g fees from a studio to a 1 bedroom or in for example Sedona 50 per night. Well worth it to save your points

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
All great ways to stretch points. I assume cleaning fees are higher depending on the size of the unit. Where can I find out what cleaning fees are, is there a link I can go to if this question has been asked before?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We dont pay cleaning fee. When we upgraded at Hyatt Main Street Station we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom and paid an exta 30 for the week for the upgrade just to cover the resorts extra fees for housekepping. Incredible deal. I dont know of other resorts that do that probably an isolated example

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We dont pay cleaning fee. When we upgraded at Hyatt Main Street Station we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom and paid an exta 30 for the week for the upgrade just to cover the resorts extra fees for housekepping. Incredible deal. I dont know of other resorts that do that probably an isolated example

Thanks. We are under contract for a Hyatt 2/2L Platinum Week, waiting to see if it passes Hyatt ROFR. We know nothing about Hyatt, other than they have a great resort 3 hours away that we can take our five grandkids. We have a lot to learn!!

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Dagger, we are also in Houston and new to Hyatt. We have been to the one in San Antonio once (I wrote a review), and it was nice. We have also been to a few of the other locations, and every time has been great. Have not been able to "upgrade" in the past (we have asked and were turned down)... but never hurts to ask. The only issue we have had regarding using points in the Hyatt system is availability at the location we want to go when we want to be there. So far, the location at San Antonio has always had availability when I have checked. However, say the Park Hyatt in Avon during ski season... I never saw a day open up (granted we have owned Hyatt for less than a year... so there may have been availability six months out that I never saw).

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Dagger, we are also in Houston and new to Hyatt. We have been to the one in San Antonio once (I wrote a review), and it was nice. We have also been to a few of the other locations, and every time has been great. Have not been able to "upgrade" in the past (we have asked and were turned down)... but never hurts to ask. The only issue we have had regarding using points in the Hyatt system is availability at the location we want to go when we want to be there. So far, the location at San Antonio has always had availability when I have checked. However, say the Park Hyatt in Avon during ski season... I never saw a day open up (granted we have owned Hyatt for less than a year... so there may have been availability six months out that I never saw).

Thanks. We will be using HWOR most of the time, but will occasionally try to get up to Breckenridge HMS. I'm trying to learn as much as possible but it will all be moot if Hyatt exercises ROFR. You mentioned that you always found availability at HWOR, hopefully that will make it easier to pass ROFR.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can sometimes get in for spring season say in April in Avon,last few weeks the slopes are open.That is what we
prefer anyways as it is warmer and we have lived in AZ for so long now we hate to freeze.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. We are under contract for a Hyatt 2/2L Platinum Week, waiting to see if it passes Hyatt ROFR. We know nothing about Hyatt, other than they have a great resort 3 hours away that we can take our five grandkids. We have a lot to learn!!

If they exercise ROFR, you might want to consider a diamond week. For an extra few thousand, you would get 2200 instead of 2000 points, allowing for possible travel to Hawaii in a 2 BR.

Last edited:

bdbrecheen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Coconut Plantation

So, how is it that you don't have to pay the cleaning fee? I didn't know that Hyatt would let you upgrade. We tried to stay 1 extra night in Breckenridge one year due to a snow storm in the mountain season and the fee was going to be 360.00 for the one night. Any stay less than 7 days is assessed the cleaning fee. I happen to think the fee is bogus, as the housekeeping services offered at each resort seem to vary from daily service with evening turn down with chocolate to you never see anyone and have to call for trash pick up.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, how is it that you don't have to pay the cleaning fee? I didn't know that Hyatt would let you upgrade. We tried to stay 1 extra night in Breckenridge one year due to a snow storm in the mountain season and the fee was going to be 360.00 for the one night. Any stay less than 7 days is assessed the cleaning fee. I happen to think the fee is bogus, as the housekeeping services offered at each resort seem to vary from daily service with evening turn down with chocolate to you never see anyone and have to call for trash pick up.

There are several resorts that do not assess a cleaning fees by club rules for short stays.

Two I know of are Highlands Inn and Northstar.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If they exercise ROFR, you might want to consider a diamond week. For an extra few thousand, you would get 2200 instead of 2000 points, allowing for possible travel to Hawaii in a 2 BR.

Our only issue with a Diamond week is that we need a June week at our home Hyatt. We travel to the Rockies for six weeks every summer, and want a June week at HWOR to have fun with grandkids and prepare for the long trek north. We travel with our daughter and our three grandkids (will be five in June). Our SIL works, so we pick him up in Bozeman (he is from Butte) for a 2 week stretch in Montana. Then drop him off to fly home as we head south, spending the last two weeks in Wyoming (my wife is from Casper) and Colorado.
Pretty cramped, my wife is in a wheelchair and we also bring a double stroller for the two youngest. We do this in a Honda Odyssey with a Yakima storage box on top. This summer's trip has been canceled due to the arrival of twins in June!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

How much is the cleaning fee for stays shorter than 7 days?

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our only issue with a Diamond week is that we need a June week at our home Hyatt. We travel to the Rockies for six weeks every summer, and want a June week at HWOR to have fun with grandkids and prepare for the long trek north. We travel with our daughter and our three grandkids (will be five in June). Our SIL works, so we pick him up in Bozeman (he is from Butte) for a 2 week stretch in Montana. Then drop him off to fly home as we head south, spending the last two weeks in Wyoming (my wife is from Casper) and Colorado.
Pretty cramped, my wife is in a wheelchair and we also bring a double stroller for the two youngest. We do this in a Honda Odyssey with a Yakima storage box on top. This summer's trip has been canceled due to the arrival of twins in June!

Keep in mind, San Antonio is easy to get using Hyatt's internal exchange system most times of the year (this could change in the future, but I doubt it as Wild Oak has a lot of units).

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The ability to upgrade is resort specific. Each place has their own policy. We always ask.
Extra days is a whole other issue. If we were to try to add on we would go the route of using
Hyatt hotel, credit card points. There is supposedly a rate that is cheaper for owners to pay but it never seems to be available
or else seems pretty high.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned