• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

*SALE PENDING* 182,000 annual points [Wyndham at Fairfield Plantation]

keys2heaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife was diagnosed with MS back in 2014 and becoming harder to travel. Have tried unsuccessfully to sell this on open market and by trying to deed back the points to Wyndham through their Ovation program.

I'd like to get out from this and try to do it as fairly as possible.

• No lien. I bought resale and there was no lien at time of transfer.
  • MF's for 2017 are approx $82/mo. Just got Wyndham notice in mail for proof.
  • ALL points are available for 2017.
  • Annual usage & comes with RCI annual points membership as part of contract

I'll pay closing costs if you pay the $299 transfer fee. That's about as fair as I can make it.

Regards,

Mike

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Why did Wyndham not want to take it back through Ovation? Just curious as to their reasons for taking some and not others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keys2heaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why did Wyndham not want to take it back through Ovation? Just curious as to their reasons for taking some and not others.

Basically I was told that this wasn't in their list of properties that they want. I was also told we don't qualify for any hardship program, since we only pay MF's. Unless I can find someone who wants to take over the contract, then we're stuck with it. Attached are pics I took of our 2017 assessment for this contract.

breakdown.jpg

total.jpg

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I saw your post on Redweek and was hoping you would post here to try to find a taker. It's a shame you didn't hear about and try ovations 6-12 months ago. You are the first person with a paid off points account that I have heard that they rejected regardless of the property or MF per 1000. My guess is they had a quota for some of the older resorts and now that they have reached it they aren't accepting any more. When they first started I think there was a list and then for about a year now, it seemed like they threw that list out the window in terms of taking the unit back for free. Now perhaps they are working with it again. I wonder if you would have received the same answer if you had bought retail.

I guess those that are thinking about Ovations and don't own at the top 25% in terms of supply and demand should try to deed back sooner rather than later before it is too late.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I heard Marriott's original goal with their trust was to have about 30% of all the deeds of each legacy property in each season placed into the trust. They would have no reason not to take back additional platinum inventory at the right price but would limit the take backs once they reached their quota for other seasons. Maybe Wyndham has similar numbers for the various resorts. They don't necessarily want to overload it with properties that are likely to go unbooked because if 90% of the members are trying to book 10% of the inventory. You will wind up with a lot of unhappy members. They do have to balance it out somewhat.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
But that's what doesn't make any sense. This doesn't have to be resold as a FF@Plantation deed. Wyn can put it into the CWA Trust and sell it as CWA.

As Tachwa2 said, they don't want to over saturate the inventory. For example, look at Branson meadows. Right now there is tons of inventory available during their "Prime" season. You don't see that at Bonnet or other resorts. That tells me that not a lot people, if any, are using ARP for that resort. If they convert Branson points to CWA, those Points would like be used for ARP somewhere else. That would be even more people trying to book at the same time as the people who bought Bonnet points. They want points from resorts where people will be using them such as Bonnet.

keys2heaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone will find some value in it and want to take over the contract. The person who was interested backed out this morning. I think it's a pretty good deal considering some of the other listings. We've used these points to exchange successfully within Wyndham for places we want as well as deposit through RCI and use that for exchanges and pretty good cruise discounts. I found this is just about the right amount of points for folks who vacation once/twice a year. If Wyndham didn't cheat you more with their housekeeping credits, you could easily get a couple of nice vaca's out of this for just MF's.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Program Fee is high as there is a minimum of $128 per member number. The 182K points in a member's account with other points ownership, the CWP fee would be is $103.74 or $98.28 ... if the member has Plus Partners or not.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Hopefully someone will find some value in it and want to take over the contract. The person who was interested backed out this morning. I think it's a pretty good deal considering some of the other listings. We've used these points to exchange successfully within Wyndham for places we want as well as deposit through RCI and use that for exchanges and pretty good cruise discounts. I found this is just about the right amount of points for folks who vacation once/twice a year. If Wyndham didn't cheat you more with their housekeeping credits, you could easily get a couple of nice vaca's out of this for just MF's.

I wish I could help but I bought a 308k contract back in November that I've been waiting on. I cannot afford anymore MF right now. Keep trying. Someone will take it. Did you try putting it up on eBay for $1?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I really think with those MF, someone would buy it on eBay. SumDay vacations is a seller on eBay with a ton of good reviews. Just let them know you cannot afford a lot to get rid of it. They might be able to find you a buyer who will cover the closing and transfer costs. I don't see any listings on eBay for your resort but unless someone is looking for ARP, points are points. There is a tug user who I think goes by AngelNoel that handles a lot of bargain bin listings. You might want to ask if they can help.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I did that 2 years ago...ebay. No takers.

Try again or ask Sumday vacations for help. Most timeshares take multiple listings to sell. Also, eBayers are looking for reputable companies that will make the process go faster. They usually don't buy from the owner directly unless they know what they are doing. Sumday is just one of the many reputable companies on eBay. If you run across a company you are not sure about, search the forums for their name. You will probably find reviews on them.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think Angela Noel and Sunday do not work with individual owners. They work with 3rd party postcard types who charge several hundred to several thousands to help dispose of the time share. For Sunday they work as a third party listing agency for the other company.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
congrats!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We may be interested.... We will continue to watch this thread.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wyndham is now obviously "cherry picking" what they will accept back via their "Ovation" program.
Wyndham has reportedly accepted only about half of a reported +/- 50,000 (as of mid-November, 2016) total Ovation applications.

Their "acceptance" criterion seems reasonably obvious from a business perspective. If Wyndham believes that they might be able to take a deed / contract back and turn around and resell it all over again (likely at full retail pricing), then their Ovation acceptance answer will surely be yes. If not, their answer is likely no.

P.S. I don't own in Wyndham, have no ax to grind with them. Merely repeating some statistics on "Ovation" (reported as of mid-November, 2016; not current).

Last edited:

keys2heaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
*** Update - TIMESHARE SOLD ***
I received notice yesterday from our transfer company, LT Transfers, that the transfer was completed by Wyndham on 3/17.

Total time for transfer was 84 days, dated from the time the first verbal commitment to buy was made by new owner.

I thought Wyndham would have sent me something about the transfer, but nothing. If not for the transfer company telling us, neither I nor the buyer would have known.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I think Angela Noel and Sunday do not work with individual owners. They work with 3rd party postcard types who charge several hundred to several thousands to help dispose of the time share. For Sunday they work as a third party listing agency for the other company.
Do you know anything of angelnoel?