• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba or GC and which resort

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
First time planning a trip to the Caribbean for March 2018. I can put an OGS via II or SFX.
Which resorts do you recommend with 2 kids 10 & 13. DW likes to dine out for dinner at least.
TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
That's a pretty broad question. What do you and your kids like to do?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
There are far more choices in Aruba than in Grand Cayman. You will more luck in Aruba and St Martin, they have the most timeshare locations in the Caribbean.

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty broad question. What do you and your kids like to do?

Hi LisaRex, kids love snorkeling and DW likes to hang around the pool. I love to explore local or hidden gems.

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are far more choices in Aruba than in Grand Cayman. You will more luck in Aruba and St Martin, they have the most timeshare locations in the Caribbean.

Thanks Sandy, how are the airfares from West Coast around the Spring break time?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Snorkeling is better in GC than Aruba. The winds make swimming/snorkeling trickier on Aruba. The Tortuga resorts on GC are on the Eastern side of the island, which means that it's away from the mega-touristy area of 7 Mile Beach. Not sure if that would be good or bad for you, but the East End is definitely more laid back. There is really good snorkeling off shore and enough to keep kids busy, such as Stingray City, Turtle Farm, etc. GC is very safe, but probably the most "bland" of the Caribbean islands in terms of culture, though, so not a lot of history or local flavor.

As Sandy indicates, there are a ton more timeshares in Aruba than GC, and getting an exchange should be fairly easy. Note that Aruba is reportedly (never been there) windy and sunny, but very dry. Others can chime in on things to do other than the usual water sports.

Airfare to GC is very reasonable. Aruba is a few hundred bucks more. And be sure to test drive a few itineraries. I've attempted to go to Aruba a few times but flights were problematic on the way home. I have no desire to spend the night in Miami.

Scott Lowell

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Attatash, Wyndham Reef, Vidanta Rivera Mayan
First time planning a trip to the Caribbean for March 2018. I can put an OGS via II or SFX.
Which resorts do you recommend with 2 kids 10 & 13. DW likes to dine out for dinner at least.
TIA

Just returned from GC Sunday the 26th 2017. Stayed at the Reef where we are owners. Others are correct that the East end of the island is much quieter than 7 mile beach area. If your going for nightlife and parties this is not your area. There is a lot to do however with excellent snorkeling, diving, kayaking, jet ski trips, sailing, bio-luminescent tour, stingray city, caves to explore, beach volleyball, pools and hot tubs, and some great foot options. I think the kids would have plenty to do if you engage them. White Sand water sports with numerous rental and trip options is right at the Reef and Red Sails does trips and rental from Morrits. The two resorts are side by side with grocery store and liquor store across the street. Things are expensive on GC with a fixed 20% exchange cost on USD. Both Morrits and Reef are timeshares with kitchen facilities and exterior BBQs so you don't have to eat all meals out. There is also a Subway attached to the Reef and a great Italian restaurant with take out pizza across the street to help keep kids happy and food cost in line. We greatly prefer the East end of the island to the busyness of 7 mile beach. Depends on what you like. Have not been to Aruba.