• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points values

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not an RCI Points member. This morning I heard a sales pitch in which I was told that for 20,000 RCI points I could get 4 weeks of timeshare vacation. The salesman showed me some print-outs from RCI that listed the cost of weeks at many resorts, all under 10,000 points for 7 nights. I didn't buy. Afterward, I found an old RCI points grid online that showed the points cost at ten times that amount. I picked up that the exchanges he was showing me were low season, but that doesn't account for the huge difference in points. Was he showing me a last minute exchange list? If so, he seems to have left that part out. Or has RCI devalued their Points?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
He was either showing you very off season studio units or discounted last call type weeks inventory. Weeks inventory that have a tpu value of less than 11 30 days out are reduced to 6500-9000 rci points depending on size and location. You still pay a $230 exchange fee. It is usually the same inventory on the last call rentals but only 30 days out. I find using left over tpu's is a better deal than using points. While a good 25 tpu deposit will get you the same 4-5 last minute exchanges and often earlier than 30 days prior it can also get you a decent 2 br exchange. The 20,000 rci deposit might get you an ok studio deposit it wont get you anything larger further out. It would take 2-3 years worth of points for some exchanges that have have a 20-30 tpu type unit.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Judy, you know that is all just salesman's lies. We have been to so many presentations like that one. Were you at a resort, or was this a person who called you at home to meet in a restaurant somewhere?

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
tschwa2, Thank you for the information. You certainly explain it better than the salesman did!
rickandcindy23, We are at the resort - Vacation Villages at Parkway, Kissimmee.