• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunburst Condo in Steamboat

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
I got an RCI match for 2009 ski in Steamboat at the Sunburst Condos. They are now managed by VRI and have been updated. The reviews on the TUG review section seem to be pretty old.

Has anyone been there lately? We got a 2 bedroom with a loft that sleeps 8. I have not confirmed the unit yet - any feedback?

We have been to Steamboat, we stayed at the Worldmark so we know Steamboat is a great place to ski. Just wondering about Sunburst managed by VRI.

Last edited:

Iwant2gonow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Mountain View at Crown Ridge
I went through one unit in the Sunburst condos about 10 years ago and thought the atmosphere was great. I would switch into there if you don't mind taking the buses to the mountain. I have not stayed there but have stayed at 2 resorts managed by VRI and they did a good job in the areas that count (very clean and good response time if there is a problem). Hope this helps.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there a couple of summers ago. No pool, but they do have a hot tub. We had a car. So you would need a car or check the bus route. The unit was on the second floor. It had plenty of room for 5 of us. We had the same type of unit you have on hold. It had a lot of dark wood inside. It was more like an apartment than a resort. It was clean. Would go back, if we couldn't find a timeshare with a pool.

Floridaski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
I let it go

I went ahead and let the unit go. We really enjoy a pool and a outdoor hot tub after skiing all day. The Sunburst looks like nice enough place, but we have gotten spoiled. We will hold out and see what RCI pulls, there seems to be quite a bit of inventory. I just checked on my search and I had another match at Swan Mountain - I also let that go and took it off my search. I did a modified search for the week I am looking for and got 34 matches for one bedroom or up. So, I will set tight and see if we can get a better match. Plus there are still units at Sunburst in RCI inventory...

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an RCI match for 2009 ski in Steamboat at the Sunburst Condos. They are now managed by VRI and have been updated. The reviews on the TUG review section seem to be pretty old.

Has anyone been there lately? We got a 2 bedroom with a loft that sleeps 8. I have not confirmed the unit yet - any feedback?

We have been to Steamboat, we stayed at the Worldmark so we know Steamboat is a great place to ski. Just wondering about Sunburst managed by VRI.

The big expansion of the Worldmark steamboat resort may be done in time for your stay. Initially it's likely they'll deposit weeks to get people to listen to their sales pitch. So if you have a request in, you should be in good shape. What week are you needing? track the construction to see if it's likely to be done in time for your stay.

Floridaski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Thanks for the info, I would prefer to stay at the World Mark (The Village at Steamboat) or one of the higher end resorts. We actually want to go to Lake Tahoe or Park City. We have to go the first week of April due to our son's spring break. He is a Honor Roll student and he does not want for that status to change. So, he does not want to miss any school. We missed a few days this year with our ski trip and it was quite a bit of work for him to make up. He did ok, but he did get one C on a Science test because he had missed the lab work. So, we of course fully support his dedicaton to his school work (we hope he maintains this attuitude thru High School!) so we have to go week 14.

Steamboat is open, their last week of sking for 2009 is week 14. We have friends that have a vacation home in Steamboat, so we know the snow was great this year. But that does not mean it will be good next year, anyway thanks for the info.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I realize this thread is from long ago, but has anyone stayed at this condo / "resort" recently? Have they completed updates? It seems the consensus about this resort is pretty good other than the dark wood and no pool. Does anyone else have any comments or experiences about this place?