• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Rci points account if you have a weeks account already?

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Allegro, Melia, VI Resorts
Does anyone know if you still pay Rci Points $99 set up fee plus the $124 1st year fee to Rci if you already own a weeks membership? I had asked Rci and the agent didnt know, she thought it was less.

Also if you have a weeks account already will that speed up the process time of getting the points account set up or does that not make any difference? I heard 4-6 weeks for a new account.

Thanks
Susan

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the Points account first, but when I bought a Weeks resort, RCI threw the Weeks account in for free. I think it still works that way. Problem is that in Weeks, the $100/yr account can be less for multiple years. With Points, the $124 annual nut is just that $124 a year. No discounts.

Call them, but I think that's still how it works.

Jim

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Does anyone know if you still pay Rci Points $99 set up fee plus the $124 1st year fee to Rci if you already own a weeks membership? I had asked Rci and the agent didnt know, she thought it was less.

Also if you have a weeks account already will that speed up the process time of getting the points account set up or does that not make any difference? I heard 4-6 weeks for a new account.

Thanks
Susan
Having a weeks account will not speed up the [points account set up. You will have to pay the $99 and $124. Once the points account is set up you can request a pro-rated refund (based on what you paid) for the remaining time on the RCI weeks account.

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Allegro, Melia, VI Resorts
Thanks.. I just called back to see if they had any promo for rejoining since we were going to look at the last call or whatever they call the weeks you can rent and maybe deposit one of our mexico units. The rep I got said since we used to have a membership and we cancelled it they charge a rejoing fee of $425 on the week side, she never even looked up any account, I had just told her when I called in we used to have an account that we cancelled back in 2014 and was thinking of rejoining.
Has anyone ever heard of this rule? The person I spoke to the other day didn't say anything about that??

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The rule has always been on the books that the "can" charge a fee to re activate a membership. I haven't heard of RCI actually charging such a fee to someone who may want to return to RCI.

From the RCI Weeks Terms and Conditions.
"C. Member status ceases, if a Member fails to submit the applicable Subscription Fee within ninety (90) days after the membership period expires. If a former Member seeks to reactivate his or membership, RCI reserves the right to charge the Member a reactivation fee in addition to the applicable Subscription Fee. The payment of all fees due to RCI is a condition of renewal or reactivation of membership. RCI reserves the right to refuse to renew or reactivate any membership, for any reason. RCI in its sole discretion may impose other requirements and fees as a condition of reinstatement."

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I have a weeks RCI membership. Was told I had to get a points membership, I told RCI that I have a points membership for my Orange Lake Week. The rep told me I had to get another for Summer Bay. I do not want a second point membership. I put Summer Bay in DAE and got a nice week at Lehigh Acres. I'm trying to do less RCI trades, doing some Marketplace exchanges and I got a extra vacation with RCI it cost less than the exchange fee they charge and I still have TPU in my weeks account.
Silentg

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I have a weeks RCI membership. Was told I had to get a points membership, I told RCI that I have a points membership for my Orange Lake Week. The rep told me I had to get another for Summer Bay. I do not want a second point membership. I put Summer Bay in DAE and got a nice week at Lehigh Acres. I'm trying to do less RCI trades, doing some Marketplace exchanges and I got a extra vacation with RCI it cost less than the exchange fee they charge and I still have TPU in my weeks account.
Silentg

If your two points resorts are both independent (without their own corporate RCI account) you should be able to combine them. My account has both Sedona Pines in Arizona and Oakmont Resort in Tennessee with no issues.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
No they are Resort related accounts, they pay membership out of maintenance fee