• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

email just received - Important Updates to Your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program Guidelines

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife's name is listed 3 different ways in the Owner's dropdown, mine only 1 way. Two of her's would be the same except one is all upper case and the other is upper/lower. I haven't had occasion to test whether the upper/lower really works to hold multiple rooms. I'm sure these names were all applied during various contract purchases.

I can think of one positive change that is likely due to negative owner feedback .. we all know it but nobody points out the positives. It was the elimination of 'canceled points' with their greatly reduced functionality. When that was in place it was dreadful making reservations with ARP and then having to cancel because the nephew had final exams a week later than he thought. Maybe complaints received now will not make a difference immediately, but they may add up to an improvement a year or two down the road.

I want more flexibility in pooling points forward more than once. There is no reason we should have to loose points because of changed plans or inaccurate planning.

Bob

I figured this out on my account today as well. My name is spelled and capitalized correctly on one, and then is listed again in all caps. I'm going to test it out once the system changes go live.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
You know, I think we might have just created some value for those 77k contracts on eBay. Buy one for a buck, put 10 family members on it as owner and add it to your Platinum account. You now just got around the 48 hour rule.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you could select the auto upgrade and keep your desired view at a lot of the resorts. If the view doesn't show up on the points chart with different point requirements. I doubt Wyndham reservations system will distinguish the different views from rooms requiring the same amount of points for the reservation.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
You know, I think we might have just created some value for those 77k contracts on eBay. Buy one for a buck, put 10 family members on it as owner and add it to your Platinum account. You now just got around the 48 hour rule.

Of course, since Wyndham reads these boards repeated discussions of a loophole will eventually cause it to be closed...

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you could select the auto upgrade and keep your desired view at a lot of the
I don't know how you could select the auto upgrade and keep your desired view at a lot of the resorts. If the view doesn't show up on the points chart with different point requirements. I doubt Wyndham reservations system will distinguish the different views from rooms requiring the same amount of points for the reservation.

If view is important or if you absolutely have to have the larger unit.. Dont check the check box

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
At some resorts units with upgraded views are different points cost. I believe an "upgrade view" option will exist but may only apply to resorts where the inventory is differentiated by points cost, such as beach resorts.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with both of you. For example Bonnet Creek the upgrade will give you an upgrade to a larger unit or Presidential but you might be looking at a parking ramp instead of the lake and fireworks

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
We appreciate that Wyndham Vacation Ownership resorts are used as gathering spots for our owner’s families and we want those reunions to continue. While you may not know the names of every family member who will be traveling to your reunion, you can certainly use those who have committed to the date before booking rooms or other owners on your membership who will be attending. Only one name is required per reservation.

Lita, I think you're missing the coded hint on how to game the new system here. What I think Shea-Lyn is telling you would work like this.

Suppose you decide you want to book six rooms for Week 40. You contact Alice, April, Angie, Betty, Bonnie, and Barbara. Alice's family includes Carol and Carly. April's family includes Candy and Cookie. Angie's family includes Charlotte and Catherine.

Alice, April, and Angie immediately commit. Betty, Bonnie, and Barbara aren't sure. So you book six rooms for Alice, April, and Angie, Carol, Candy, and Charlotte. Cancel rooms as needed, but don't change guest confirmations. Just tell your family what rooms to check into and exchange the keys later.

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I never had a beef with Wyndham Guest Confirmations because I never needed to use them. What generated my ire was the way they whittled away at the Fairchild FAX (internal exchange) program. Initially it was free (or $10, can't remember) and every resort Fairchild had was eligible. Then the fees started going up every year and the number of eligible resorts started going down. After the number of resorts dropped from several hundred to less than 70, they stopped publishing the catalog and you had to fight to find out what was eligible. The price went to $99.

Then Wyndham had the chutzpah to send a letter informing owners that the program was being cancelled due to lack of use. That did it for me. I gave the deed back to HOA, described here and bought a deeded week at an independent time share where the HOA does its own management. (It happens to be on the grounds of a Wyndham resort with use of the Wyndham amenities.

Incidentally, I've let my son and his family use the deeded week for the last three years. This year, as usual, I called them, identified myself and said, "I'd like to let my son, Daniel M, and his family use the timeshare this year. What do I have to do?" and the response was "You've just done it." Works for me.

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Resort and Wyndham CWA
Well, I never had a beef with Wyndham Guest Confirmations because I never needed to use them. What generated my ire was the way they whittled away at the Fairchild FAX (internal exchange) program. Initially it was free (or $10, can't remember) and every resort Fairchild had was eligible. Then the fees started going up every year and the number of eligible resorts started going down. After the number of resorts dropped from several hundred to less than 70, they stopped publishing the catalog and you had to fight to find out what was eligible. The price went to $99.

Then Wyndham had the chutzpah to send a letter informing owners that the program was being cancelled due to lack of use. That did it for me. I gave the deed back to HOA, described here and bought a deeded week at an independent time share where the HOA does its own management. (It happens to be on the grounds of a Wyndham resort with use of the Wyndham amenities.

Incidentally, I've let my son and his family use the deeded week for the last three years. This year, as usual, I called them, identified myself and said, "I'd like to let my son, Daniel M, and his family use the timeshare this year. What do I have to do?" and the response was "You've just done it." Works for me.

Larry – You’re confusing Wyndham (formerly Fairfield) with RCI. Wyndham has never had hundreds of timeshare resorts for internal exchanges. The current number of around 75 is the most there’s ever been. The $99 fee that you mentioned was the RCI external exchange fee which has gone up. It’s great that you’re satisfied with your fixed week but if you want to exchange sometime in the future you’ll need to subscribe and pay the fees for either RCI or II.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
At some resorts units with upgraded views are different points cost. I believe an "upgrade view" option will exist but may only apply to resorts where the inventory is differentiated by points cost, such as beach resorts.

Best example is probably Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, where there are two towers with Upper/Lower, Oceanfront/Ocean View, and two towers with no mention of view or location at all.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Larry – You’re confusing Wyndham (formerly Fairfield) with RCI. Wyndham has never had hundreds of timeshare resorts for internal exchanges. The current number of around 75 is the most there’s ever been. The $99 fee that you mentioned was the RCI external exchange fee which has gone up. It’s great that you’re satisfied with your fixed week but if you want to exchange sometime in the future you’ll need to subscribe and pay the fees for either RCI or II.

Larry is not confused. He knows exactly what he is talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

The Fax program was exactly what you describe.. but it went away after Wyndham created a new internal exchange program. The new internal exchange program is the points system called Club Wyndham Plus

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Larry is not confused. He knows exactly what he is talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Larry may not be confused, but the Fairchild reference (as opposed to Fairfield) certainly caused some confusion for readers and long time owners such as myself. If FAX predates the Club Wyndham Plus points program, Larry must be a very^3 long time owner!

To make matters even more confusing for those of us who own both Club Wyndham and WorldMark, WorldMark also has a FAX program currently in place that amounts to cash rental of credits/points for one's vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Larry may not be confused, but the Fairchild reference (as opposed to Fairfield) certainly caused some confusion for readers and long time owners such as myself. If FAX predates the Club Wyndham Plus points program, Larry must be a very^3 long time owner!

To make matters even more confusing for those of us who own both Club Wyndham and WorldMark, WorldMark also has a FAX program currently in places that amounts to cash rental of credits/points for one's vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all knew Larry meant Fairfield that didn't confuse anyone

I posted something recently titled the more things change, the more they stay the same. I believe to understand what's happening now, it's important to understand where we have been i.e. A little historical perspective. Larry has given is a peek at the past and I think that's helpful

Fairfield was a collection of fixed week resorts knit together with an internal exchange program called FAX (completely different from the cash program at Worldmark called FAX)
At some point Wyndham moved to a points system for internal exchange and phased out FAX. The weeks owners that didn't convert to points can still do exchanges through RCI or other exchange companies

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Resort and Wyndham CWA
I think we all knew Larry meant Fairfield that didn't confuse anyone

I posted something recently titled the more things change, the more they stay the same. I believe to understand what's happening now, it's important to understand where we have been i.e. A little historical perspective. Larry has given is a peek at the past and I think that's helpful

Fairfield was a collection of fixed week resorts knit together with an internal exchange program called FAX (completely different from the cash program at Worldmark called FAX)
At some point Wyndham moved to a points system for internal exchange and phased out FAX. The weeks owners that didn't convert to points can still do exchanges through RCI or other exchange companies

Actually the points system started under Fairfield not Wyndham. My first Fairfield purchases in 2000 (Ocean Walk, Grand Desert, and Waikiki Beach Walk)were all points contracts. The internal exchange system using points was in place at that time.

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually the points system started under Fairfield not Wyndham. My first Fairfield purchases in 2000 (Ocean Walk, Grand Desert, and Waikiki Beach Walk)were all points contracts. The internal exchange system using points was in place at that time.
Actually it could actually been cigna

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I've owned a few of my now Wyndham timeshares before even Fairfield took over, the developer then was called Vacation Breaks (these are mostly the SE Florida Timeshares), so these date back to the early 1990s. So I've been through the Fairfield FAX program, the Fairfield Points, now Wyndham. Adapt and evolve or go away. Only choices available.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks that is very good to know. Wyndham told us our son had to be 21 to be on our deed! More than once as we rolled over our points into a single contract when buying more points. And we had to pay $100 to have him added to our deed later as he wasn't yet 21. I wonder if that has changed in the almost 10 years since our son turned 21 or did the State be owned in make a difference? Do you know what if anything it costs to add a family member to your deed?
Only the seller(s) notarized signature is required for a deed transfer. It does not require even a paw print from the buyer.

If someone passes away, and only their dog was the co-owner on the deed, then that is when the problem would appear. Transferring the property would require more than a paw print.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our account has multiple owners consisting of a LLC and immediate family members. It took a very long time and much persistence, but there are now five out of nine working user names and passwords for the account. This is the minimum that is needed for my account, it includes a agent for the LLC x 3 and one each for two of three individual owners. Wish others with this configuration well and remember, if at first you do not secede try and try again until it works to the level you need.

UPDATE: Talked with Owner Care this morning. They indicated that the major attempt regarding the new website is getting the new user names and passwords working.

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've owned a few of my now Wyndham timeshares before even Fairfield took over, the developer then was called Vacation Breaks (these are mostly the SE Florida Timeshares), so these date back to the early 1990s. So I've been through the Fairfield FAX program, the Fairfield Points, now Wyndham. Adapt and evolve or go away. Only choices available.
And RCI was run out of a couples basement in Indiana.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk