• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas week in Orlando

mrsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
How difficult is it to exchange into any of the Marriotts in Orlando for a 12/24/17 check in? I am using a Custom House week.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
In general it wouldn't have been hard if you would have requested and/or started looking 12-13 months in advance when the majority of the folks that were reserving specifically to deposit did so. At this point you are waiting for deposits from those who are having change of plans or fail to rent out what they own. That coupled with those that either had change of plans and decide to go to Orlando or are just not early planners. It still should be possible if you are open to multiple resorts and don't just have your heart set on Grande Vista or Lakeshore Reserves in 2 or 3 br units.

mrsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I have included all Marriotts in Orlando as part of my request. I need a 2 bedroom.. hoping it works out.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Christmas and/or NYE weeks in Orlando do have a high demand. It is a fun time of year to visit, while it is very busy....like spring break. Luckily, there are many MVC resorts in Orlando. As such, if you include all MVC Orlando resorts and request in advance with a decent Custom House TDI week, you should be okay. Enjoy!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I say not difficult. Orlando has so many resorts that the odds are great, and frankly Christmas isn't a time
that a lot of people want to travel.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
I love Disney at christmas. During my last visit we were turned away from Magic Kingdom on Christmas day because they were full to capacity by 11:00 am. It was a busy week at all the parks.

etplitt3TS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (MRD)
Marriott Grande Vista (MGV)
Marriott DC Points
I was able to get a villa at Royal Palms for a Shadow Ridge studio last year. We confirmed in August.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I think Christmas week is easier than New Years week. I think it will come through for you.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I love Disney at christmas. During my last visit we were turned away from Magic Kingdom on Christmas day because they were full to capacity by 11:00 am. It was a busy week at all the parks.

My idea of a nightmare is being inside the parks when they're closed because capacity is reached. While Disney World decorated for Christmas is beautiful, the time to see it is either early December or even better, just after the holiday before the decorations are taken down. Early December is pretty popular with DVC owners but it's still not nearly as bad as Christmas week; after the holiday things really slow down but they start taking attractions offline for maintenance.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My idea of a nightmare is being inside the parks when they're closed because capacity is reached. While Disney World decorated for Christmas is beautiful, the time to see it is either early December or even better, just after the holiday before the decorations are taken down. Early December is pretty popular with DVC owners but it's still not nearly as bad as Christmas week; after the holiday things really slow down but they start taking attractions offline for maintenance.
While early December is popular with DVC, because of the low point requirements, it is actually perhaps one of the slowest times of the year. Of course, slow times at Disney doesn't mean much these days.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I went last year the first week of December and it was great! The crowds were small enough that with good planning we were able to do everything we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with those who believe you will be confirmed. We've been to see the Christmas decorations one year. Loved it! It wasn't Christmas week though. Everyone probably knows this already, but, my daughter and her friend did some sort of tickets where they could sign up for rides and dining events in advance and then had an app that showed wait times to help guide the in between fun. Would be very important during busy days in the park.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went last year the first week of December and it was great! The crowds were small enough that with good planning we were able to do everything we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the only way to do it unless you want to be very disappointed with mobs of people.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own Lakeshore Reserve and I reserved that week -- half to trade and half to rent (it's listed elsewhere on this site). There is NO way I would actually ever go to Orlando during Christmas week. Zero fun at Disney. If you are staying off site (like at a timeshare), you will only be able to make ride reservations 30-days in advance and I would be shocked if you are able to get the reservations you want. The ONLY way I would consider going to any Orlando theme park during that week is if I were staying at one of the Deluxe hotels on-site at Universal because guests at those three hotels automatically get the front of the line pass.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We went Easter week and didn't end up going to the parks at all. One week at Orange Lake and one week at Grand Vista. We liked that the resort emptied out during the day when everyone went to the parks and left us to enjoy the quiet.

mrsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have booked my flights and car...just need the exchange to happen. I can get into any of the Westgate resorts...wondering if I should grab one and purchase eplus to see if a Marriott can be found?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Check on Tug Marketplace, someone might want to spend Christmas in Boston?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have booked my flights and car...just need the exchange to happen. I can get into any of the Westgate resorts...wondering if I should grab one and purchase eplus to see if a Marriott can be found?

I would wait a couple of months more. Based on my experienced I think you will get what you want.

Once you take westgate, you are looking for leftovers with eplus and your odds will diminish. There are other very nice timeshares that you can add to your request that I think you will like better then westgate.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I would wait. You have Marriott preference and I think it will come through.