• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Comments on HGVC New Web Site

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Previously, one of the biggest complains of HGVC was when the new web site was implemented and the old web site (with revolution & classic) was shutdown. In April, HGVC updated their web site software (fixing search capability & change reservations). Now that we have been using the updates to the new web site for 3 months, what comments do you have?

Previous Discussion of update to new Web Site (http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/its-alive.254577/)

Previous discussion of the HGVC New Web Site: (http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...-user-friendly-please-bring-back-hgvc.252590/)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty happy with it, overall. The changes were as prompt (actually even faster) as promised and pretty good. I can do what I need to do.

Cheers.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I'm happy with it too.

My only wish would be that the online system would allow you to add a day prior to the reservation when available.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I concur. I was surprised that the initial new website release did not allow owners to search for all available days within a given parameter of time for all Hawaii resorts, for example--as had been the case with Revolution. But since that capability was restored, I find the new website more attractive, more responsive, and with a much-improved dashboard.

I think it's a definite improvement.

One other comment: given the hellacious mess that is the new Wyndham website/reservations system, I particularly appreciate something we all took for granted (or at least I did)--and that's the very seamless way the new HGVC website came up and operated from Day 1. Nice job, Hilton!

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
the new reservation system is a mild improvement.

Yes, it's easy to book reservations and make changes.

However, HGVC has under delivered on promises made in Club Traveler.

1. Floor plans missing from new website
2. Missing resorts from new website: FA Puerto Vallarta, Live Aqua Playa del Carmen, etc.
3. Need to update resort photos, old and dated, Hilton.com has more recent photos, sad
4. Where are the affiliate resorts that we can book online? FL Gulf Coast?
5. Anatara is supposed to be bookable online.
6. Why isn't there a monthly weather hi-low averages and rainfall averages chart by resort?

A lot of room for improvement.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I love the new booking improvements. Having the sliding scale and the ability to see room availability across multiple locations at once is a big improvement. I also like being able to click on the room type and get the details (bed types, showers, etc.) for that particular room configuration.

On a negative note, I do agree with holdaer that the room and resort information on the HGVC website is on the "light" side. No floor plans and limited information. It is a nuisance to have to go to the Hilton website or other sources to get the additional details.

My biggest pet peeve is that many of the affiliated resorts, the FL Gulf Coast in particular, are not bookable on line, nor can you see availability. We have tried a couple of times recently to book one for March of 2018, but absolutely no availability when we call in. Eventually gave up and reserved at an Atlantic coast resort through RCI. I know availability at these resorts is limited, since they are smaller and not all owners participate. It would still be nice to at least see availability, even if you then had to phone in to book.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the new booking improvements. Having the sliding scale and the ability to see room availability across multiple locations at once is a big improvement. I also like being able to click on the room type and get the details (bed types, showers, etc.) for that particular room configuration.

On a negative note, I do agree with holdaer that the room and resort information on the HGVC website is on the "light" side. No floor plans and limited information. It is a nuisance to have to go to the Hilton website or other sources to get the additional details.

My biggest pet peeve is that many of the affiliated resorts, the FL Gulf Coast in particular, are not bookable on line, nor can you see availability. We have tried a couple of times recently to book one for March of 2018, but absolutely no availability when we call in. Eventually gave up and reserved at an Atlantic coast resort through RCI. I know availability at these resorts is limited, since they are smaller and not all owners participate. It would still be nice to at least see availability, even if you then had to phone in to book.
I agree they should at least let you see availability so you don't waste your time calling.

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

2. Missing resorts from new website: FA Puerto Vallarta, Live Aqua Playa del Carmen, etc.
3. Need to update resort photos, old and dated, Hilton.com has more recent photos, sad
6. Why isn't there a monthly weather hi-low averages and rainfall averages chart by resort?

Was the monthly weather chart promised?

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I miss seeing open season for all resorts. Even if I can't book them online, gulf Coast florida regularly has opportunities for open season..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
In general I am pretty happy with the new website. As others mentioned, i wish they had more details about the different room options. For some reason, the descriptions on the mobile app often have a better description, including the square footage.

I think i read they would be adding at least some of the affiliates later this year. That will be a big improvement if they actually come though with that.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

We may not want some of these things that you list. The main purpose of the website, from my perspective, is booking and changing reservations. Some changes to reservations for low availability times is still a challenge. Providing some of the things you mention on the list could slow the system down making it crash when many users are line at one time. This could impede the ability of the website to book and change reservations.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
The following things listed would have zero impact on performance. Floor plans, updated photos, and weather almanac are all static data. This is basic information that Worldmark, Wyndham, Marriott, DRI, etc. all have on their websites. This isn't asking too much.

Adding missing resorts is just common sense. Gaining access to new resorts with Fiesta Americana was announced months ago in Club Traveler. No impact to performance.

Having the ability to book reservations at select affiliate resorts was also announced in Club Traveler. HGVC promised last year that this feature would be added to the new website......still waiting for FL Gulf Coast. Classic allowed members to make reservations. Should not have any impact to performance.

I reached out to HGVC when the new website was launched and asked about having a monthly weather chart by resort. The reply was not a promise, but was something like IT is aware of this feature and is working on it. something like that. It gave me the impression that it would be added.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new website. I just don't love it and believe it doesn't check all the boxes that were actually promised in Club Traveler. In my opinion, the features I listed wouldn't slow down the system or make it crash.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
In all fairness, some affiliates were not on the previous system either, just the odd one or two on open season. It's because they are on different booking systems and there is a cost to convert them or build an interface like RCI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We may not want some of these things that you list. The main purpose of the website, from my perspective, is booking and changing reservations.

Agreed. Most of the items on the list you quoted are very easy to find elsewhere. Adding booking at more of the resorts, of course, would be valuable as it can't done elsewhere. But all of the informative content that does not directly impact booking can be found elsewhere and is certainly not where I would want them spending their time (and our money) at this point.

Cheers.

joelisac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't used it in a while but I think we lost the capability to book last minute for cash,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Most of the items on the list you quoted are very easy to find elsewhere. Adding booking at more of the resorts, of course, would be valuable as it can't done elsewhere. But all of the informative content that does not directly impact booking can be found elsewhere and is certainly not where I would want them spending their time (and our money) at this point.

Cheers.
Agreed, basic functionality before all the glitzy add ons.