• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2 months of website - summarize your opinion of the New World of Wyndham

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Something New?

I searched today for a christmas reservation at Palm Aire. There was nothing for my dates, so I got an opportunity to search for other dates at this location (the calendar search) and an opportunity to search for these dates at other locations

I clicked on the "other locations" button and what cam back was a list of lots of choices for my dates

Is that "other locations" button new?
Yes, I believe so. In the last few days.

But seriously, do we need that? There are a lot bigger things I'd like to see them working on. And it eats up a lot of processing time, I'm sure. Encourages people to do useless searches. It smells of something being implemented by someone who is not a regular user of the system.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

But seriously, do we need that? There are a lot bigger things I'd like to see them working on. And it eats up a lot of processing time, I'm sure. Encourages people to do useless searches. It smells of something being implemented by someone who is not a regular user of the system.

I'd much rather see +/- one day. That way you could search for a Saturday start and get returns for Friday and Sunday starts.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
[

• ARP bookings online
  • Points are now blind (you no longer have to book ARP with the 'right' points.)
What does points are now blind mean. I have Governor Green points and smoky mountain points I wanted a 4 bedroom Presidental at Gov Green next year I didn't have enough points for the whole week I only had 126000 so only could get 3 days?
The computer wouldn't allow me to use my smoky points.
Thanks
Daniel

That is NOT what I meant by points are blind.

In the old system you have to use the right points, those actual points linked to a contract, in order to use your ARP at a resort. So you had to make sure you didn't use those points, and if you made a reservation that did use those points, you had to call and get them all switched around and it was a pain.

So Now you still have ARP, but you have rights NOT points assigned to that. So it appears you have ARP at Governerns Green for 126,000 points. That means you can ARP UP TO 126,000 only..

You also also a Smoky Mountain ARP for a number of points. You have up to that limit to book an ARP at Smoky.

Point Blind just means it takes the points from your account and doesn't concern itself from where those points came from. Point blind does not mean you can combine points together to ARP what every you want without the proper rights to do so.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Add the 2 month available calendar also.
"First available" was nice, too. I didn't use it very much but I can see how some would.

Wyndham is playing "hide the ball" with availability.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

in the post that started this thread there was this listed under stuff thats ugly about the new website: "Opportunistic Search is NON-existent,"

we now have an opportunistic search that we can do.... Isnt that a good thing?

Maybe not everything that we need or want, and maybe not the best way to do an opportunistic search, but isnt this at least a small step in the right direction..

Last edited:

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
Opportunistic search was always available and the calendar search also - they just moved the buttons.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
I searched today for a christmas reservation at Palm Aire. There was nothing for my dates, so I got an opportunity to search for other dates at this location (the calendar search) and an opportunity to search for these dates at other locations

I clicked on the "other locations" button and what cam back was a list of lots of choices for my dates
I like this very much. We both have work schedule limitations on when we can travel, especially for long weekend getaways. It's even harder to coordinate a weekend getaway with extended family and all their work/school scheduling issues. So, if a preferred resort is not available, it's REALLY helpful for us to quickly see alternative options. :thumbup:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has it been only two months since the dysfunctional piece of crap of a website came online? It seems like eternity. I guess a very poor performing website that is very time consuming, difficult and frustrating to use tens to drag out time.

The website pros:
  • Up to fourteen day reservations.
  • Able to search an entire state.

The website cons:
  • Slow performance.
  • Very time consuming to use.
  • Very unstable.
  • To much downtime.
  • It has more bugs in it than a cheap fleabag hotel or Bonnet Creek.
  • No first availability button (eliminated from previous website).
  • No manual upgrades (eliminated from previous website).
  • No custom multiple resort selection search option (eliminated from previous website).
And that's just the website boys and girls. What about all the dirty tricks and underhanded maneuvers Wyndham is doing to increase their bottom line through Extra Holidays at the our expense?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally, I believe Wyndham had decided on a NEW corporate path and this is just another "phase".

Phase 1 ... eliminate deeded points to at resorts (CWA began that phase). Stated goal was to stabilize the MFs during less desirable resorts season. BUT it also seems to reduce timeline & legal costs to get foreclosed timeshares on the sales table. Reduce owner input whereas Wyndham has control of all management of THOSE resorts.
Phase 2 ... Get out of the BULDING & DEVELOP any resorts; use the "Just In Time" private developer and leased units.
Phase 3 ... alter the product from being a multiple generation product to be a 'phase of life' vacation option. That increases sales volume & profits while reducing need to always be acquiring new inventory & resort locations. (Ovations returning inventory to Wyndham at almost NO cost ... particularly thru the companion option for 2 or 3 years usage of points owners who brought from Wyndham (and only those points).
Phase 4 ... new reservation system which further restricts large points owners interfering with Wyndham's Extra Holidays vacation business... esp during PEAK/PRIME vacation time.
Phase 5 ... Extra Holidays online booking will become more automated as NOW the inventory is 'fractured' more with ARP booking possible for less than the OLD ARP "7 day required" window. And can offer LMR direct to the public.
Phase LATER ... Corporate will market resorts for large group retreats, employee relocation stays and possible convention functions... leaving weekends/holidays available for the "vacation segment" use.
Phase Exit ... Wyndham Vacation Resorts can SELL or repurpose resorts for their BEST business point of view. ie 90 unit resort on the beach (Royal Vista) has only ONE and TWO bedroom units ... ANY direct oceanfront 2/2 unit is at least worth $2.25Million .. worst 1bdr A1A unit might get only $1.1Million.

The above is JUST MY OPINION ... no insider info or knowledge.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to an Owner update yesterday in Las Vegas. The Sales weasel asked my thoughts on my ownership, and I told him the website sucks. He said, "It's going to be great." He said he's an owner, and when they previewed the new website, it was fantastic. He said, He was not sure what happened when it went live, but once the bugs are worked out, it will be great. Yeah, we shall see.
What do you expect from a sales weasel. They'll never say anything negative about Wyndham no matter how bad it gets, just like some on TUG who are either in the tank with Wyndham for one reason or another (maybe to curry favor or part of a settlement), Wyndham employees and the shills Wyndham hired to make positive comments on TUG and Facebook and spread misinformation to make it sound like the new dysfunctional piece of crap of a website Wyndham shoved down our throats is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel and the discovery of electricity.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
What do you expect from a sales weasel. They'll never say anything negative about Wyndham no matter how bad it gets, ........( edited by T - Dot -Traveller ) .........and spread misinformation to make it sound like the new dysfunctional piece of crap of a website Wyndham shoved down our throats is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel and the discovery of electricity.

Dear 55 Plus ,
I understand your frustration with the website and other Wyndham issues.

However - all TUG posters and members are entitled to their opinions .
Please respect the forum by refraining from " name calling "

Please note - TUG moderators have the right to remove posts if the post involves
inappropriate comments .

PS - I believe using " sales weasel" to refer to a Timeshare sales person
is acceptable in all TUG forums .

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Dear 55 Plus ,
I understand your frustration with the website and other Wyndham issues.

However - all TUG posters and members are entitled to their opinions .
Please respect the forum by refraining from " name calling " .

Please note - TUG moderators have the right to remove posts if the post involves
inappropriate comments .

PS - I believe using " sales weasel" to refer to a Timeshare sales person
is acceptable in all TUG forums .

I'm not sure but it seems like what you are referring to as name calling and inappropriate comments is actually 55 Plus telling it like it is. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought it was common knowledge that there are people who post on behalf of Wyndham on both TUG and Facebook.

Some TUG members feel duty bound to call out or correct anyone posting misleading or inaccurate information. We get new members all the time and even people who have been members for years, needing help or information. Allowing individuals in Wyndham's pocket or pay mislead, sway or placate them is a disservice. The same can be said of those of us who aren't in Wyndham's pocket or pay when we make an error or attempt to be all sweetness and light when the situation is far from it. I was corrected recently for something I posted and rightfully so. I used CWP, Club Wyndham Plus, when what I meant but didn't say was CWS, Club Wyndham Select. And it was in response to a new person's question. Thankfully two people caught it and corrected me. Typically when someone corrects someone else they expand on the answer and give more information which is always a good thing.

We should never hesitate to call each other out or correct each other when we believe what another person is saying is in error or wrong for whatever reason or to voice our opinions.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I'm not sure but it seems like what you are referring to as name calling and inappropriate comments is actually 55 Plus telling it like it is. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought it was common knowledge that there are people who post on behalf of Wyndham on both TUG and Facebook.

Typically when someone corrects someone else they expand on the answer and give more information which is always a good thing.

We should never hesitate to call each other out or correct each other when we believe what another person is saying is in error or wrong for whatever reason or to voice our opinions.

Dear Jan ,
I agree with you .
Corrections and opinions should always be voiced .

I just think it is better to say " I disagree with your opinion " or similar - and leave it at that .

and - I do get the current level of frustration by owners , having read most of the posts /threads going back to the August 2016 suspension thread .

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Dear Jan ,
I agree with you .
Corrections and opinions should always be voiced .

I just think it is better to say " I disagree with your opinion " or similar - and leave it at that .

and - I do get the current level of frustration by owners , having read most of the posts /threads going back to the August 2016 suspension thread .

I apologize for neglecting to say that there is nothing wrong with you saying you find his posts repetitious and lacking any new information. Especially as you clearly stated that you understand his frustration. Again, sorry for coming off as censuring you. I was hoping to open up some discussion about the hows and whys of the information we share.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The website cons:
  • It has more bugs in it than a cheap fleabag hotel or Bonnet Creek.
And that's just the website boys and girls.
A new low for you. I've never seen anyone rag on Bonnet Creek like you.

Ok. Professor. I guess the rest of us are ignorant uneducated kids in your opinion.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get that some people are upset but the conspiracy theory stuff is a bit much. I'm not saying everything is peachy but we have people who have tons of points for basically free complaining that everything isn't perfect. If 55plus paid developer prices then I understand the ire, but if not, you've likely got your money back several times over

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
just like some on TUG who are either in the tank with Wyndham for one reason or another (maybe to curry favor or part of a settlement), Wyndham employees and the shills Wyndham hired to make positive comments on TUG and Facebook and spread misinformation.

Wyndham employees aren't paid to post positive comments here or on Facebook (except on the Wyndham Facebook page)

And asssuming you are referring to me as "in the tank with Wyndham"...I'm not posting positive stuff to comply with any agreement or to curry favor.

Most of what I post simply accepts what is. In this case a "piece of crap website" What I'm doing is trying to figure out how to work with it

I for one, am getting tired of the constant bitching. How about some help?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
TUG - Timeshare Users Group

owners helping owners - to better use what they own .

and occasionally / regularly - helping newbie posters figure
out what they bought . ( and how to rescind if it is still possible )

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How about some help?
Help from who? I'd like some help from Wyndham. Explaining the new rules would go a long way (what is an upgrade is a great example).

Looking at Sandy VDH's list, I don't see a whole lot of improvement since May 18th. I do have some comments I would add:

Good
* Nice to use only 1 GC for 14 days
* No splits - this is growing on me, although not being able to book 1 night has caused me some grief
* We can see a real time guest confirmation count

Bad
* Unstable/unpredictable/unreliable inventory availability. Locations that should have availability do not. Cancellations not coming back (seems like more often they don't than they do)
* Continued lack of communication/misinformation (autoupgrades, upgrade path, cancellations, availability)
* Multiple user logons is not much of a feature - only one user at a time can be in a transaction
* Cannot tell how many rooms are available (I don't think VC's can, either, they used to)
* Cannot pick available rooms when you book. We used to be a able to know (VC could tell) what rooms were available and select accordingly and put a do not move on them.
* Transfers - still issues getting contracts transferred (Title and Owner Care will concur it's the new system holding things up)
* Can't gracefully exit booking process, some get hung for 15 minutes
* Can't return to list of reservations after viewing a reservations (have to go back an view all, filter, etc)
* Have to reenter location when searching

Not discussed much:
* Affect on resorts. This has wreaked havoc, I have heard. New systems and processes for resorts and a lot of issues hunting down reservations. How are they doing managing inventory and the new "all weeks start on Saturday" rule?

Ugly
* Reporting capabilities
- Viewing current reservations - sort order, can't see date reservation was booked on summary screen
- Viewing points balance and use years - we really need a summary screen
* Wait times - still really bad - easily over an hour
* Available rooms will show up to 4 times (repeating the list of availability once, twice, three, or four - just by hitting search again)
* Can't always close popup windows (eg: no apply, only clear button for filters) - click in border but NOT on image -ahhhh
* Mobile has it's issues (reselecting, etc) - just not going in details here. It is better than the old site (as far as being mobile optimized)

I presume they counted on people getting used to this and settling for the new wonderful world of Wyndham. We've forgotten/pretty much accepted the suspensions while some are still not unfrozen. Now we're becoming desensitized to a very poorly designed and implemented website. I'm tired of bitchin, too. But I'm really tired of the lack of response and accountability from WYN. They are the winners here.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We cannot book any reservations, and that's been going on for a week. We see a reservation, click on it, go to book and it goes to a blank white page. We have called, and we got no help at all because Wyndham cannot even book with our account. It's ridiculous.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We cannot book any reservations, and that's been going on for a week. We see a reservation, click on it, go to book and it goes to a blank white page. We have called, and we got no help at all because Wyndham cannot even book with our account. It's ridiculous.
I am truly thankful I have not had login or booking issues since the first week. Not being able to cancel, updates not working correctly, not all owners on account, and a contract in limbo have been annoying and inconvenient and have cost me some points, but I can live with it.

I'd be beside myself if I wasn't able to book or use my account. Best of luck to you and others who have continued issues.

I guess that is yet another pro/con that I see as a con. VC's on the same system as us. I liked the old system and that if one system were down (usually ours) the VC's could still transact. They also had to ability to override and fix things and also seemed more empowered to do so.

OK.. one more pro/con that's a con. 24/7 system. Wyndham does not warn in advance when upgrades will occur - I haven't seen any announced outages for quite some time. I have experienced many.

Best of luck to all. I do appreciate the comments and help received here - it's been invaluable.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Opportunistic search is my name for it, and NO they still do NOT have one, as far as my needs go.

I want to see every unit type, available for a 2 month window, at the same resort(s), displayed on the same search results. The current method of searching my 1 unit type per month is NOT a usable search in my opinion.

In other words I something similar to the green buckets on the old system. It was an extremely useful search method.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham employees aren't paid to post positive comments here or on Facebook (except on the Wyndham Facebook page)

And asssuming you are referring to me as "in the tank with Wyndham"...I'm not posting positive stuff to comply with any agreement or to curry favor.

Most of what I post simply accepts what is. In this case a "piece of crap website" What I'm doing is trying to figure out how to work with it

I for one, am getting tired of the constant bitching. How about some help?
I don't think Sandy VDH and Sandi Bo are bitching. They are stating facts.

55plus though attacks anyone that post something positive. I'm tired of the attacks and innuendos on motives for a positive post.
There are pluses with the new system. Points being blind comes to mind. That's a fact and a positive one for the owners.

Bonnet Creek is Wyndhams poster child resort. 55plus puts it in the same category as a fleabag hotel.
If 55plus really thinks that why would you want to own or stay at anything with Wyndhams name on it?

55plus line regarding the peace of crap website has become more annoying to me than the thumbs up guy did to some.

I also wonder how much of EHs availability is from owners left stranded after point managers cancelled the owners contracts with them to manage their accounts. They never rented on their own and now are at a loss as what to do. So they might of turned to EHs for help.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get that some people are upset but the conspiracy theory stuff is a bit much. I'm not saying everything is peachy but we have people who have tons of points for basically free complaining that everything isn't perfect. If 55plus paid developer prices then I understand the ire, but if not, you've likely got your money back several times over

What anyone paid for their points is not relevant.. we all pay the program fee that is supposed to give is a reservations system that works