• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney. Accommodations for 10

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking to take kids and grandkids to Disney for 5 days sometime in the March to May timeframe. We will be 6 adults and four children under the age of six. Would prefer to all stay together. I own Vistana but have already used points. House rental or timeshare rental preferred. Any suggestions?

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking to take kids and grandkids to Disney for 5 days sometime in the March to May timeframe. We will be 6 adults and four children under the age of six. Would prefer to all stay together. I own Vistana but have already used points. House rental or timeshare rental preferred. Any suggestions?

http://www.dvcrequest.com/

I have rented points from them and through them. Very efficient and really good people to work with. If anything is available, they will find it. Good luck and have fun!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I would rent a week from an owner at Marriott's Grande Vista, 3 bedroom. The units are spacious and sleep up to 12. Not many 3 bedrooms sleep enough people comfortably. Of course, I would personally prefer at least two units for that many people.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Orange Lake has 3 bedrooms available. I think the units have 1 King, 2 Doubles, a Queen and a pull out full sofa in the room with the queen.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We got my daughter a 3 bedroom through interval Getaways. It was very reasonable!I don't know what is there now but it was cheap enough that it didn't make sense to use an exchange.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Concur with above. Easter is 4/1, the week of 4/7 and 4/14 might be light and easily obtainable as a getaway. Mid April usually has a NE break, so more crowded and full, then late April thru mid May is also easy to obtain.
If you are ok with offsite, I would also do a Marriott or hgvc in 2 2 bedrooms or a 3 br. 10 is technically not allowed in hgvc, but the hgvc sw are very large units sleeping 12, 1 king, 2 doubles, king with pull out and pullout in living room.
Another option is a summer bay pool house for 8 with another 1 or 2br which you should be able to secure their getaway, extra vacations.
Lastly, Bonnet creek has penthouse units. You could rent from an owner.
Dvc will be much more $$$$ than these options.
You can likely rent an offsite house with pool for much less also.

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So many great suggestions. If timeshares, we'd definitely do a couple of units....like the idea of a large house. Will also check out VRBO and AirBnB

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Sent you a PM

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
A 4-5 BR pool home rental would probably work very well for you. Windsor Hills is popular, nearby. A few minutes further commute, but with a nice water park play area, look at Reunion resort for 4-5 BR condo rentals.

Perhaps a bit more expensive, you may also consider renting a 4 BR Presidential unit at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. They have 3 king BRs and a 4th BR with 2 Queen beds for the kids. It's super close to Disney and offers plenty of pools and family-friendly activities. If this interests you, contact an owner or points manager quickly, before the 4 BRs are all booked. At this moment there are a couple of 5-night stays still available in early March or early April.