• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Turns 24 years old!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
24awesome.jpg

24 years ago this month my father and a group of other Timeshare Owners began to organize what was originally a Prodigy Bulletin Board System (where TUGBBS came from) composed of a handful of Timeshare owners discussion resorts and Timesharing, into what we now call TUG.

side note: TUG was/is actually one of the very first commercial sites on the Internet and the very first website period relating to Timeshares! not sure how many of you remember back to 1993, but the internet wasnt nearly as popular as it is now. The TUG website is older than these companies that may surprise you!:

Google - 1998
RCI.com (while the company was founded in the 70s, they didnt create a website till 1998)
Intervalworld.com - (founded in 70s, website in 98)
ARDA - (founded in 70s, website in 96)

Over the last Twenty Four years, TUG has helped tens of thousands of timeshare owners, many to this day remain to pass on the gift of knowledge they likely received themselves many moons ago through the various websites and TUGBBS forum installations we have had over the years.

Millions of dollars worth of Timeshares sold and rented by TUGGERS. With over 34 million in the past few years alone!

On top of that, literally millions of dollars worth of money saved just from folks finding TUG in time to discover the resale market....with over 8.7 million recorded in just this version of the forum!

More than that though is the unimaginable value of information passed on and learned year after year through nothing more than Timeshare owners helping each other understand and best use this product that comes with no instruction manual. I have even heard in the past TUG is the "handbook" for Timeshares, and believe it to be true to this day.

Happy Birthday TUG, and everyone who had a part in making this community what it is today over the past 24 years has my (and likely every timeshare owner whos come across tug looking for help) eternal gratitude.

It still amazes me every year at how much good this single website does to better the Timeshare industry and help owners!

Last edited:

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!!

24 years ago this month my father and a group of other Timeshare Owners began to organize what was originally a Prodigy Bulletin Board System (where TUGBBS came from) composed of a handful of Timeshare owners discussion resorts and Timesharing, into what we now call TUG. And as a birthday gift, all TUG Marketplace ads will not count towards your ad credit total in the month of october!

side note: TUG was/is actually one of the very first commercial sites on the Internet and the very first website period relating to Timeshares! not sure how many of you remember back to 1993, but the internet wasnt nearly as popular as it is now. The TUG website is older than these companies that may surprise you!:

Google - 1998
RCI.com (while the company was founded in the 70s, they didnt create a website till 1998)

Over the last Twenty Four years, TUG has helped tens of thousands of timeshare owners, many to this day remain to pass on the gift of knowledge they likely received themselves many moons ago through the various websites and TUGBBS forum installations we have had over the years.

Millions of dollars worth of Timeshares sold and rented by TUGGERS. With over 34 million in the past few years alone!

On top of that, literally millions of dollars worth of money saved just from folks finding TUG in time to discover the resale market....with over 8.7 million recorded in just this version of the forum!

More than that though is the unimaginable value of information passed on and learned year after year through nothing more than Timeshare owners helping each other understand and best use this product that comes with no instruction manual. I have even heard in the past TUG is the "handbook" for Timeshares, and believe it to be true to this day.

Happy Birthday TUG, and everyone who had a part in making this community what it is today over the past 24 years has my (and likely every timeshare owner whos come across tug looking for help) eternal gratitude.

It still amazes me every year at how much good this single website does to better the Timeshare industry and help owners!

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
This is my favorite website. Thank you Brian for continuing what your dad started.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Congratulations and many thanks Brian!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Brian, and to Bill! Here's to dozens more successful years of helping people. (raising glass)

Jim

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday my dear TUG
Happy birthday to you
:banana::cheer::wave::hi::clap::whooopie:
Many more!

I remember back then. Whereas I only read back then, didn't contribute with my writings (shy back then) I loved reading what was on TUG. Was my favorite, still my favorite.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Happy Birthday and thanks for the great times! :)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Brian. Not only has this site saved many new owners alot of money by advice rended, but also how to travel and stay more cheaply at the same resorts that they had originally wanted to buy and other venues they were not aware of.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Happy Birthday and thanks! TUG saved us a bunch of money when we thought we wanted to sell a timeshare. That's how I found TUG and have been here ever since.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
TUG is outstanding. Ditto TUG-BBS.

Those web sites have been a significant part of our life ever since 2002, right after we came home from our Florida timeshare freebies tour of Ft. Lauderdale & Kissimmee -- that time when we spied a highway billboard that said Buy Timeshares Resale & Save Thousands (or words to that effect).

Back home, we hopped on the internet, joined TUG, made fortuitous contact with John Chase, arranged through John to buy an outstanding resale 3BR-3BA Orlando lock-off timeshare unit for peanuts -- & the rest is history.

The Chief Of Staff & I have scaled way back since our timeshare heyday. Our enthusiasm & participation level diminished somewhat following the death of John Chase in April 2014. Even so, not 1 day goes by that I don't tune into TUG, look at recent TUG-BBS entries, & offer up the Song Of The Day (if I'm home).

Timeshare condos remain our favorite vacation accommodations, & we're already signed up for our now traditional 2-week Orlando-Kissimmee after-Christmas timeshare holiday (Jan. 13-27, 2018).

But wait -- there's more. A highlight of January 2018 will be the (unofficial) TUG Get Together set for 2PM on Jan. 17, 2018, at the Golden Corral restaurant, 8707 Vineland Avenue, Orlando FL 32821.

Is this a great country or what ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Happy Birthday to TUG. Thanks Brian and all who have contributed on the site. A great resource.

Best regards.

Mike

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have a “love and hate” relationship with TUG. I love it as it has helped me in so many ways. Through TUG, I have made many friends who have enriched my vacation experience and, more importantly, my life in general. It’s always the first site I check when I wake up every day, no matter where I am (and I’m at Kruger Park Lodge, South Africa right now). I hate it because I spend so much time on this site that I sometimes neglect my obligations and tasks, to my husband’s dismay. However, whenever that happens, I remind him of those fabulous timeshare exchanges I’ve scored and how much he enjoys our countless vacations, then he forgives me right away. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
And to think, I've been hanging around Tug since it was just a tween. ;)

Happy Birthday to you all! :)

Dave

TAG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, and thanks! We found TUG after we purchased our first (developer) timeshare. That was back when Fern was moderating. We are now educated TS owners. Through TUG, we hooked up with another member and are in the process of transferring one of our seldom-used TS properties to them. Thanks again!!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Happy Birthday, TUG!

I can only imagine how different life would be without all the TUG knowledge I've gained; I certainly wouldn't know nearly as much about the timeshares we own. But more importantly my family probably would not have spent the last 15 years or so expanding our horizons as much as we have - thanks to the infectious spirit from all you wonderful people who share your experiences so selflessly. :)

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score

24 years ago this month my father and a group of other Timeshare Owners began to organize what was originally a Prodigy Bulletin Board System (where TUGBBS came from) composed of a handful of Timeshare owners discussion resorts and Timesharing, into what we now call TUG. And as a birthday gift, all TUG Marketplace ads will not count towards your ad credit total in the month of october!

Google - 1998

Happy birthday TUG!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy #24, TUG!
Thankfully, a Tugger referred me here in '02 when we purchased our first resale. It's been a fun & educational ride all the way.
I've traveled vicariously with so many of you on your exotic trips throughout the world, to your frivolous fun on beaches or slopes not-so-far-away. In turn, your generous sharing of experiences has helped so many of us with our new travel adventures.

This is more than a timeshare-help board--it's a board of kindred timeshare spirits.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Wow! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Brian, Congrats to 24 fabulous years. I’m so grateful that I found this site. It has allowed me to make memories with my family and have the room to spread out more economically then I had been able to vacation pre- TS days.

I love this board, from day one everyone made me feel welcome. It’s the first site I check every morning.

Here’s to another great 24 years.