• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Can someone explain the Gold Crown Resort Vacation Club membership?

edmund36

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain the Gold Crown Resort Vacation Club membership? What are the Positives and Negatives? We were exposed to it on the timeshare exit post sale interview? Cost was $2999, no monthly fees. Thinking it sounded like a positive alternative to timeshare purchase with new avenue for visiting other resorts like Marriott, Hilton, etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Edmund

J

JoeMid

Can someone explain the Gold Crown Resort Vacation Club membership? What are the Positives and Negatives? We were exposed to it on the timeshare exit post sale interview? Cost was $2999, no monthly fees. Thinking it sounded like a positive alternative to timeshare purchase with new avenue for visiting other resorts like Marriott, Hilton, etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Edmund
Although I have no direct experience with the club you've asked about, most of these that get offered at the exit are bottom feeders that give you access to the same type of stuff that you find in RCI last call and II getaways. Will there be some gems in the mix, yes, but you need to be extremely flexible and not wanting to take a large family during school vacation.

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Edmund asked:Can someone explain the Gold Crown Resort Vacation Club membership?

If I understand your post correctly you are saying you went to a Timeshare Resort where you set through a timeshare presentation and upon saying NO to whatever was offered someone, maybe a Manager offered you a Vacation Club Membership after you failed to buy a Timeshare Week or Points?

I have heard of a company with an office in Florida that uses affiliates to sell a Vacation Membership; but, as a timeshare user with Weeks ownership and as a participant in the Wyndham Points Trust I can't say that I have personally experienced such an offer from them. Can you share a little more detail for the folks here?

Last edited:

sl52767

Reaction score
gold crown resort vacation club

This club 'membership' is sold through 'affiliates' throughout the US. The affiliates are independent businesses that market 'bargain' vacation opportunities in various schemes and levels that are in turn provided by Gold Crown Resorts. For instance, for about $5,000 you can get a 200 year membership with no annual fees and access up to 10 weeks of 'bargain' resort stays per year. The affiliates market the Gold Crown resorts available as almost exclusively 4 and 5 star resorts and supposedly can be booked for a maximum of $699.00 per week. From personal experience I can tell you that it is unlikely that you will score this kind of pricing or availability except in the off season, i.e. Honolulu in August, Cancun in July, etc. And I certainly did not find that most resorts come close to qualifiying as 4 and 5 star resorts. They also offer last minute deals for cruises and other venues, but these seem almost impossible to score unless you are there at the instant it is listed. In fact, we compared the rates available online at the same resorts (not through GCR) and discovered that the prices were in most cases the same or cheaper dealing directly with the resort! The reality is, all you are buying is access to a website listing properties that have contracted with Gold Crown to use up excess inventory. Once you've joined, your Gold Crown affiliate will be impossible to locate for assistance. Most affiliate 'offices' are merely mail drops with impressive sounding names. And they will be very difficult if not impossible to contact. Please note that the contract you sign gives recission rights for only up to 72 hours and you will not get access to the website until after the 72 hours have expired - leaving you pretty much helpless to get your $ back once you discover you've been duped. If you're thinking about joining - give it a wide berth! I'm sure some get lucky and think it's a great deal - I think you'd probably spend your money better elsewhere! Good Luck!!!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
- give it a wide berth! I'm sure some get lucky and think it's a great deal - I think you'd probably spend your money better elsewhere! Good Luck!!!

Very astute first post

Welcome

Usuall the shills come out for these types of inquries

shouliha

Reaction score
Gold Crown Resorts Vacation Club-Response!

This club 'membership' is sold through 'affiliates' throughout the US. The affiliates are independent businesses that market 'bargain' vacation opportunities in various schemes and levels that are in turn provided by Gold Crown Resorts. For instance, for about $5,000 you can get a 200 year membership with no annual fees and access up to 10 weeks of 'bargain' resort stays per year. The affiliates market the Gold Crown resorts available as almost exclusively 4 and 5 star resorts and supposedly can be booked for a maximum of $699.00 per week. From personal experience I can tell you that it is unlikely that you will score this kind of pricing or availability except in the off season, i.e. Honolulu in August, Cancun in July, etc. And I certainly did not find that most resorts come close to qualifiying as 4 and 5 star resorts. They also offer last minute deals for cruises and other venues, but these seem almost impossible to score unless you are there at the instant it is listed. In fact, we compared the rates available online at the same resorts (not through GCR) and discovered that the prices were in most cases the same or cheaper dealing directly with the resort! The reality is, all you are buying is access to a website listing properties that have contracted with Gold Crown to use up excess inventory. Once you've joined, your Gold Crown affiliate will be impossible to locate for assistance. Most affiliate 'offices' are merely mail drops with impressive sounding names. And they will be very difficult if not impossible to contact. Please note that the contract you sign gives recission rights for only up to 72 hours and you will not get access to the website until after the 72 hours have expired - leaving you pretty much helpless to get your $ back once you discover you've been duped. If you're thinking about joining - give it a wide berth! I'm sure some get lucky and think it's a great deal - I think you'd probably spend your money better elsewhere! Good Luck!!!

The above posting is so far out of line, I can't believe it was allowed to be posted. In response to the above statements. I am an owner of the vacation club, and a distributor as well of the membership. The vacation club is marketed by numerous organizations, both online and offline. It just so happens that online, it is marketed via a network marketing company who sells both the vacation club membership through retail websites, and a distributorship as well. I focus primarily on the retail sale of the membership. The above person is flat out wrong in many ways. The resorts Gold Crown focuses on are primarily higher end resorts, but they do have some that do not qualify as higher end. As far as scoring deals, you are flat out wrong. You can find all of the resorts in the registry, and all Hot Week deals ($398 per week) that are currently available now by searching "global resorts network vacation club" in google. (this hot week view-the largest discounted resorts- was previous only available to existing members) The statement about the excess inventory is partially correct. Even 4 and 5 star resorts, (yes, in peak seasons) sometimes are not full and need to book rooms. The comment about the distributor not being around after they have sold you, is ludicrious. The Gold Crown resort vacation club membership has an unbelievable customer service department, and a great BBB rating. Once a distributer has sold you, you in fact will have no further interaction with him or her as you now are dealing directly with the Gold Crown Resort company. This statement just shows that this individual has no business posting comments that just don't make sense. Again, search "global resorts network vacation club" in Google, and you can get a 360 degree view of the membership and make your own decision.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
And so here it is right on schedule

The above posting is so far out of line, I can't believe it was allowed to be posted. In response to the above statements. I am an owner of the vacation club, and a distributor as well of the membership. The vacation club is marketed by numerous organizations, both online and offline. It just so happens that online, it is marketed via a network marketing company who sells both the vacation club membership through retail websites, and a distributorship as well. I focus primarily on the retail sale of the membership. The above person is flat out wrong in many ways. The resorts Gold Crown focuses on are primarily higher end resorts, but they do have some that do not qualify as higher end. As far as scoring deals, you are flat out wrong. You can find all of the resorts in the registry, and all Hot Week deals ($398 per week) that are currently available now by searching "global resorts network vacation club" in google. (this hot week view-the largest discounted resorts- was previous only available to existing members) The statement about the excess inventory is partially correct. Even 4 and 5 star resorts, (yes, in peak seasons) sometimes are not full and need to book rooms. The comment about the distributor not being around after they have sold you, is ludicrious. The Gold Crown resort vacation club membership has an unbelievable customer service department, and a great BBB rating. Once a distributer has sold you, you in fact will have no further interaction with him or her as you now are dealing directly with the Gold Crown Resort company. This statement just shows that this individual has no business posting comments that just don't make sense. Again, search "global resorts network vacation club" in Google, and you can get a 360 degree view of the membership and make your own decision.

And so we see the usual, expected shill for the product arrive on scene. First post, glowing review - exactly what we expect.

Take the message for what it is worth. That would be very little. The prior post, from an actual buyer, is far more believable. In any case $2900+ is too much to pay for getting access to leftover inventory that can be rented as cheaply without the overhead cost of this type of membership.

My opinion: stay away from Gold Crown Resort Company.

shouliha

Reaction score
Reply to the bitter timeshare salesperson

John, are you losing timeshare sales to the Gold Crown membership? Your response to my posting was so fast, you obviously didn't take the 20 minutes to review the "hot week" specials from my above post, and do the math. The savings on hot weeks, (sometimes thousands of dollars on a one week stay) and registry weeks speak for themselves. Most of what you say has no crediblity, but the comment about the distributors being gone shows you know nothing of what you speak about, and have plain hostility against this vacation club (for some unknown, or possibly timeshare sales related reasons) If anyone is debating the validity of this membership club, a new view of the club has been created and if you type in "global resorts network vacation club" in google, with 15 minutes, a calculator, and a little research (comparing our price with the price offered directly by the resorts) you'll see in fact that Gold Crown does have tremendous buying power and offers a nitch that is well needed. Although the club does not focus exclusively on excess inventory, excess inventory is in fact sold cheaply. There are so many thousands of resorts across the globe that will at various points during the year need to sell this inventory. It makes perfect sense that a company would come along and tie all of these resorts together and offer people incredible savings, yes, at 3,4 and even 5 star resorts throughout the year. (not just in peak season)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You are in the business of selling this product, and anyone doing a Google search and finds this post will hopefully see John's post and realize this is a scam. Scammers are the only people who come here and tout their product. You don't have anything worthy of purchase, so please stop name calling (John is not a timeshare salesman) and realize you aren't going to get any real interest here.

We are all wise to your schemes, just like we are wise to the others who are all copycats of the same scam. :rolleyes:

shouliha

Reaction score
Still Amazed

Your posting was labled "John". Sorry. If your not a timeshare salesperson, it was a very fair assumption. I do however think to be fair you hear my perspective. I do completely understand your perspective about vacation club scams, (they were prevalant years ago) and also about network marketing. I would personally never work for a "network marketing" company. This company is very, very different than any network marketing company I have ever seen. (it more borders on a distributorship, with a two tier payout) The product has a proven track record of 21 years of developing relationships with resorts, saving people thousands, and providing luxury accommodations at very attractive prices. It's painfully clear from your postings, that you have had a rather amature reaction to both network marketing, and possibly vacation clubs, without giving the membership a closer look. Lets take this to a mature level (and not talk about scams, because a scam it is not) This company has a great BBB rating, been in business for 21 years, offices across the globe, thousands of very happy customers) and contracts / agreements with thousands of multimillion dollar resorts in some of the most sought after locations across the globe. (do you think it's easy to get a contract with these resorts?) This company is far from a scam. It bothers me (sorry) to see the same old skepticism and knee jerk reaction without much (if any) research into the company. Anyone who looked closely at this membership would see that it in fact offers a tremendous value for the price. I challenge you to look closely at this membership club, and come back with an honest (not trying to cover for your pride) assessment of this club. One look at the site listed above, (sorry, it does give a 360% view of the membership, but I also do encourage anyone reading this to go back to the person you are dealing with if you want to purchase the membership) a little understanding that the fact is resorts do have excess inventory throughout the year, and we've provided the ideal platform to "sell out" this inventory, the debth of this companies resources, it's contracted resorts, it's BBB rating, and glowing testimonials, you'll find that this company is unquestionably the real deal. If you break this club down and compare it to either a timeshare purchase, or other vacation clubs, they simply don't compare. (I know I sound like a saleman, but it's the truth) Sorry about calling your reaction an "amature reaction", (and if I was wrong about the timeshare rep) but it's clear you know nothing about this company. I honestly believe that before you go writing negative things about a company online, you should be well informed first.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
shouliha - We have a very strict no-advertising/no-self promotion rule on TUG, and your posts are crossing that line. I understand that you were defending yourself, but please be careful about further discussions of your business.

Also - Please be aware that Timeos2 is a TUG Moderator and that the post you responded to was from 2009.

Please review our rules for commercial entities:

If you are a broker or salesperson, or work in an allied field, we welcome your participation on the board. We value your industry perspective and valuable insights. We do not appreciate, however, attempts to use our bbs for direct commercial purposes. We do not, for instance, welcome your adding tag lines promoting your business, such as "Call me for more information." Use the board as a way to be helpful and build your reputation, not as a direct sales tool, please. Due to flagrant commercial violations by some abusers in the past, we have found it necessary to be very strict about this.

Individual users please note that messages promoting anything for which you may receive some personal gain are considered to be advertising, and are thus prohibited. Promotion of any service where you would get referral compensation is considered to be advertising. Directing somebody to your classified ad on TUG or elsewhere is considered to be advertising. Promotion of a website where you have anything for sale or rent is considered to be advertising.

The advertising ban includes information in your bbs signature. You may link to a commercial website in your signature, but the link itself may not indicate the nature of the site. If your URL or domain name indicates the nature of the site, it should not be visually displayed. A visual link saying only "My website" or other similar innocuous wording is acceptable.

Replying to somebody's question on the bbs with an ad is not an acceptable defense - if replying to an inquiry, send it as direct email or bbs private message instead of posting publicly to the bbs. If the person has not enabled email or private messaging, the best you can do is post a response merely saying "Since your email address is not available, please contact me via email or private message" -- and be sure YOUR have email or private messaging enabled.

To newbies finding this thread: Please don't take everything you read at face value. If this club is indeed a good value - it will be a first. Please do your own independent research and don't base your decision on claims made by anyone who works for a company.

There are MANY places where you can rent timeshares at a discount, with no membership or upfront fee. Take a look at the TUG Marketplace where you can rent directly from owners - TUG makes no money off these Ads by owners.

Last edited:

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The plan seems to favor the seller

Your posting was labled "John". Sorry. If your not a timeshare salesperson, it was a very fair assumption. I do however think to be fair you hear my perspective. I do completely understand your perspective about vacation club scams, (they were prevalant years ago) and also about network marketing. I would personally never work for a "network marketing" company. This company is very, very different than any network marketing company I have ever seen. (it more borders on a distributorship, with a two tier payout) The product has a proven track record of 21 years of developing relationships with resorts, saving people thousands, and providing luxury accommodations at very attractive prices. It's painfully clear from your postings, that you have had a rather amature reaction to both network marketing, and possibly vacation clubs, without giving the membership a closer look. Lets take this to a mature level (and not talk about scams, because a scam it is not) This company has a great BBB rating, been in business for 21 years, offices across the globe, thousands of very happy customers) and contracts / agreements with thousands of multimillion dollar resorts in some of the most sought after locations across the globe. (do you think it's easy to get a contract with these resorts?) This company is far from a scam. It bothers me (sorry) to see the same old skepticism and knee jerk reaction without much (if any) research into the company. Anyone who looked closely at this membership would see that it in fact offers a tremendous value for the price. I challenge you to look closely at this membership club, and come back with an honest (not trying to cover for your pride) assessment of this club. One look at the site listed above, (sorry, it does give a 360% view of the membership, but I also do encourage anyone reading this to go back to the person you are dealing with if you want to purchase the membership) a little understanding that the fact is resorts do have excess inventory throughout the year, and we've provided the ideal platform to "sell out" this inventory, the debth of this companies resources, it's contracted resorts, it's BBB rating, and glowing testimonials, you'll find that this company is unquestionably the real deal. If you break this club down and compare it to either a timeshare purchase, or other vacation clubs, they simply don't compare. (I know I sound like a saleman, but it's the truth) Sorry about calling your reaction an "amature reaction", (and if I was wrong about the timeshare rep) but it's clear you know nothing about this company. I honestly believe that before you go writing negative things about a company online, you should be well informed first.

It does not appear that this is a scam operation - they do have inventory and customers for an ongoing operation. However the quality of the resorts (looking on line they are mostly second tier or worse and many of the dates are off season) as well as the cost (remembering that there is a nearly $3000 upfront overhead to be a member) means this is a very expensive way to gain access to weeks/resorts that are readily available at the same or less cost and without the membership fee. It is not, IMO, a good value for the money required.

The real winner would be the seller of the program rather than the general membership. The wording of even this supporter appears to focus more on the idea of a chain marketing effort (think Amway) than a good value for vacation.

shouliha

Reaction score
Last Response

Hello, and a sincere thank you for taking a look at the membership. Also, my apologies to the moderator. It still though does seems that you have something slightly against this company / product. (to the moderator-I'm just trying to get the facts out) but right now there are, 8 resorts listed in Hawaii for the month of Dec. (Peak, Christmas / school vacation time) A condo listed in Steamboat Springs Colorado, and a two bedroom listed in Park City Utah, and many others. Many more were listed previously for the month of Dec, but they were already sold out to members. As far as network marketing, I agree with you to degree. There are some companies with superior products, that select network marketing as a sales channel. For an example, one that comes to mind is a prepaid legal service. They offer a low cost legal service with top legal providers, and while doing so have generated over $100,000,000 per year annually.(because thier service works, and is cheap) I've purchased the membership-no, I'm not a distributor, and I've used it being a small business owner, for discount top notch legal service that would have cost me 3 times as much. Top notch, a 30 partner firm, was my firm. My point is, you can find (in fairness, definately not the majority, and these two are the only two off hand that I have found) legitimate, high quality companies that do select network marketing as their sales model. I again must say as a whole, I agree with you about the majority of network marketing companies.

edmund36

TUG Member
Reaction score
Response regarding Vacation Club - www.goldcrownresort.com

I went to a timeshare presentation at a Mexican Resort and after the exit was approached by 2 individuals explaining this Club. It cost was $2999 and allowed you to get all the same Gold Crown Timeshare weeks as you get with an exchange company but without buying into the resort. Sounds good! The average cost would be $675 and would be considered the same as your annual maintenance fees. The website is http://www.goldcrownresort.com/. In hindsight, it seems similar to what sl52767 states above. I have not directly communicated with the company, so I cannot speak to the customer service commentary

I did a search using the Registry Of Resorts, for example Aruba, and found Hotel and Studio week prices for $675 (Hotel) and $699 (studio), and one 1 bedroom. I checked other areas and the 1 bedroom is rare and there are no 2 bedrooms. There are no dates to select, but a request that you complete and pay for. You also see on each page the statement "Please note: If you wish to select your own dates, please click the Request button below. It is important to be aware that, if your preferred resort is not available, an alternate property will be provided". Gives me the feeling of a bait and switch game!!

The Hot Deals are no real exciting timeshare names or Gold Crown type quality that I saw at this point and time.

I also checked New Jersey shore during the summer months and the places I saw and some appeared undesirable in the pictures using the company website link.

As timeos2 states, "In any case $2900+ is too much to pay for getting access to leftover inventory that can be rented as cheaply without the overhead cost of this type of membership” is what my thoughts are as well on the issues?

I do feel the product was misrepresented to me, that is, it does not give you the same access as an exchange company, but gives you a week at a geographic location, worth $695 per week, therefore I feel scammed and a big sucker.

I challenge any member to find me a week in a 5 Star Gold Crown Resort with 1 to 2 bedrooms in any of the Caribbean Islands during the last week of February 2011??!!!!

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A hurdle too high to jump...

I challenge any member to find me a week in a 5 Star Gold Crown Resort with 1 to 2 bedrooms in any of the Caribbean Islands during the last week of February 2011??!!!!

While I have no doubt that this "vacation club" membership is an overpriced product of limited real value, that's a pretty high bar you've set...

Peak season, 5 star resort in the Caribbean in February, 2011 at this late date would be extremely difficult for a non-owner to obtain in any system... :shrug:

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
While I have no doubt that this "vacation club" membership is an overpriced product of limited real value, that's a pretty high bar you've set...

Peak season, 5 star resort in the Caribbean in February, 2011 at this late date would be extremely difficult for a non-owner to obtain in any system... :shrug:

True, but for $3000 in membership there should be availability that exeeds what any non-member could easily get independently. That's the real issue. Lack of any real value for a hefty buy in.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup...

True, but for $3000 in membership there should be availability that exeeds what any non-member could easily get independently. That's the real issue. Lack of any real value for a hefty buy in.

No disagreement John. "Should be" is, in fact, "won't be", so it's clearly not money well spent.
This is certainly the case with most (...probably all, actually) "vacation club" memberships.

Tommart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my Bonus Weeks and RCI's Last Call

A big factor in my original timeshare purchase was that the developer offered me two "free" bonus weeks with my purchase. With these bonus weeks, I pay no MF and only pay the RCI exchange fee when I use them. I bought a two-bedroom lockout. I felt like I was getting four vacations for my purchase.

My bonus weeks are restricted to 45 days of check-in, and many are excellent units. Almost all are off season. For example, I used a bonus week in November at Daytona Beach that currently is worth 8 TPs, but exceeds 30 in the summer. I only paid the exchange fee. An RCI member could have used Last Call for $249 (or use the $199 sale that was on at the time.)

In reality, bonus weeks are similar to Last Call. I just save about $70/exchange over Last Call.

If Gold Crown is similar to Last Call, it may have some value -- but in my opinion it's value is worth only a couple hundred dollars to a non-RCI member -- not thousands. It is near worthless to a current RCI member who has access to Last Call. It has even less value if there's a exchange fee in excess to $249.

Tom

lcinva

Reaction score
I know this thread is a couple of months old, but maybe it will be helpful to someone else googling Gold Crown. My husband is a dentist and a patient asked to trade some orthodontic stuff for a free membership to Gold Crown. We got his user/password to check it out before we agreed on anything. Like any other timeshare deal, some of the hot deals (which are always going to be awkward weeks) are ok, but for the most part anything else I found through Gold Crown I could find on my own cheaper and better via priceline. Specifically, this relates to two current searches I'm doing...a hotel stay in Vancouver for end of March and a 10 day stay in Kauai for beginning of May. The results through Gold Crown for both searches were unimpressive. Some of the timeshares might have been a hundred bucks cheaper for the whole week, but looked pretty crappy as compared to the resorts I can book online elsewhere. Just my experience!

JPWelsh2

Reaction score
Just Curious.. What did you decide?

Hi Edmund36...

If you don't mind my asking...
I saw you posted this question nearly 3 years ago and I am very curious as to what you decided regarding Gold Crown Resort and their Vacation Membership?

It looks as though you received a wide range of responses. Some not really even responding to your inquiry.

Thanks,

JPWelsh2

edmund36

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same as before

I did a search using the Registry Of Resorts, for example Aruba, and found Hotel and Studio week prices for $675 (Hotel) and $699 (studio), and one 1 bedroom. I checked other areas and the 1 bedroom is rare and there are no 2 bedrooms. There are no dates to select, but a request that you complete and pay for. You also see on each page the statement "Please note: If you wish to select your own dates, please click the Request button below. It is important to be aware that, if your preferred resort is not available, an alternate property will be provided". Gives me the feeling of a bait and switch game!!

The Hot Deals are no real exciting timeshare names or Gold Crown type quality that I saw at this point and time.

I also checked New Jersey shore during the summer months and the places I saw and some appeared undesirable in the pictures using the company website link.

As timeos2 states, "In any case $2900+ is too much to pay for getting access to leftover inventory that can be rented as cheaply without the overhead cost of this type of membership” is what my thoughts are as well on the issues?

"I do feel the product was misrepresented to me, that is, it does not give you the same access as an exchange company, but gives you a week at a geographic location, worth $695 per week, therefore I feel scammed and a big sucker".

sunshine1151

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried booking a week

We tried booking a 2013 week. Requested Hawaii and they came back with several offers. If we declined an offer, they came back with another one - three in the same day. Accepted one for Molokaii. Paid using Visa through their website. Got an email back, saying "we will get back to you with confirmation". It has been 3 days and we have not heard back from them. Nor is there a confirmation in our in box. They are quick with the offers, but we did not hear anything about our confirmation. Kind of wondering what is going on! Is this a scam or what?

Talon

Reaction score
GCR & Paradise Vacations BBB Rating

Regarding the BBB rating Paradise Vacations & Gold Crown Resort boasts.

I have gone to the BBB site and searched Gold Crown Resort and nothing pops up.

I have also searched Paradise Vacations in the BBB site.
Paradise Vacations Inc. located in Hawaii shows up as accredited with the BBB. It is a mom and pop run business. I called the 1800 number associated with Paradise Vacations Inc. and spoke with this company. They are not affiliated with Gold Crown Resort.

Unless GCR and or Paradise Vacations can provide where within the BBB site they claim to have this accredited BBB rating, it would appear that they are riding the shirt tails of another company.

Has anyone run across this accredited rating within the BBB site and if so can you share this info?

Reaction score
GCR BBB Rating

GCR has an A+ rating with the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/...-crown-resort-marketing-in-oviedo-fl-22002488

My wife and I have been members of GCR since July 2007 and have used it, on average, 2 or 3 times per year. The rates range from $99 to $799 per week. The most we have ever paid was $699 and the lowest was $285.

Here are some of the locations and prices we've enjoyed:

Grand Mayan, Nuevo Vallarta - 2 Bedroom - Dec - $699
Worldmark "The Canadian", Vancouver BC - one bedroom - July - $699
Pueblo Bonito, Mazatlan - April - Studio - $550
Hacienda del Mar, Cabo San Lucas, Studio - Dec - $285
Marina Fiesta, Cabo San Lucas, 1 bedroom, Oct - $298
Aventuras Club, Puerto Aventuras, Mexico, 2 bedroom, June - $499

Upcoming Dec 29 - Jan 5/13. Playa Grande, Cabo San Lucas, 1 bedroom, $699

As you can tell... we like Cabo :)

All the above resorts are 4 or 5 stars and some were peak season.

We are shocked by the mis-information on this site (and others). We have nothing but good things to say about this membership.

We've enjoyed the most amazing vacations and it is ALL because of this membership! It is a real shame that more people won't get to experience the same because of so many unfounded negative comments.

Oh well.