• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] Florida AG releases website displaying active litigation against Scammers!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its now on the top right...titled "investigations"

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of M&M Management Group 800 N. Olive St Dallas Texas 75201? They have contacted us on several occasions to provide renters or buy our timeshare property. We wonder if they are a legitimate company?

The fact that they initiated contact with you is the first red flag.

If they ask you for any sort of fee or tax before the sale or rental takes place, then they are not legitimate. Legitimate companies will take their commission out of the proceeds of the sale or rental.

Also, watch out for other red flags such as "Your money will be held in escrow", or they get your mouth drooling by telling you they can sell or rent your unit for a princely sum, or they ask you to wire money to some account.

bill_21117

TUG Member
Reaction score
I advertised with Timeshare Only which, according to the website quoted above, is one company in a list of other companies being subpoenaed. As a past and dissatisfied customer, is there anything I should be doing to try and claim back my advertising costs?

Marky, depending on how long it has been, you might consider disputing the charge with your credit card co if you used one. Give them as much info as you have pertinent to help your case and to show you were scammed, including this company's status with the AG. Let cc co. know you have not been able to contact scammer and have rec'd nothing for the money you paid them.
I am currently involved in doing this with AMEX. My 'experience' was two months old when I filed a charge dispute with them. Their process is to attempt to contact the scam company for comment. If they get nothing from company to justify charge, they are suggesting I'll get my $$ back. I'm about 3 wks into the dispute. Here's hoping it works.
Bill

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Markymark posted his question on Dec. 23, 2010...and has not been back since 2010.

Last edited:

rmdial

Reaction score
Summit Management Services called

Just got a call from a young lady from Summit Management Services in Dallas saying they had a buyer for our Mayan Bliss TS in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. She was familiar with the Mayan Group and type of contract we have. She quoted me $59,950.00 and said they would followup with email and phone call. Told her we will not pay anything in advance and she replied they do not require prior payment but charge 8% commission at closing. Ask her what closing company and she said sales person calling tomorrow could answer that.

Anyone familiar with situation like this? Seems I have heard of no upfront sales before but just before closing date they call and want money.

Thanks in advance.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this is where they will send you a bogus check...yet ask you to send them a legitimate check for their "commission"

becoming a more common tactic since people are wising up to the upfront fee scams.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or tell you there is a tax that must be paid that will be refunded at closing

Reaction score
The only thing you can do is give it away. You can post in "Bargain Deals", where you can also pay Closing Costs and/or Transfer fees.

TS

markymark

Reaction score
So what was the outcome of Timeshares Only? I noticed that they had vacated their offices across from Sea World.

Jjgcmg

Reaction score
[Deleted. Ads not permitted in the discussion forums.]

Last edited by a moderator:

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
The contract that they sent me by email (I couldn't figure out how to attach a PDF to this message - is there some way?) uses different names:
Orlando Ventures, LLC, dba Helping Timeshare Owners also written as a logo: Help4TSO

It also has this weird clause:

TRAVEL CLUB: Once you are in the process of canceling your ownership, you may not be able to utilize your Resort. For this reason, Orlando Ventures, LLC, dba Helping Timeshare Owners will provide you with a free a 1-year membership to Elite Destinations. We will provide you with a Login and Password so you can have access to any Resort offered through RCI. You will be able to see how cheap you can stay at your same Resort and compare it to what you are currently paying. This service has a value of $7,999.00 and you will receive this with our services. www.vacationfulfillment.com
HERE IS THE DEFAULT LOGIN: 10174267 & PASSWORD: Drive5 (case sensitive).

It's been a few years since this thread was active. Thought I would respond based on my search. DW & I just encountered Orlando Ventures, LLC and Helping Timeshare Owners. We were invited to a free dinner for a presentation on how to maximize value out of your timeshare. What we encountered couldn't have been further from what was advertised. They introduced themselves as Realty Advisors, after a little prodding.

The pitch has changed a bit from what's been described earlier in this thread. They asked us about what we owned, the maintenance fees, and if you had a loan how much you were paying. They then used these numbers to put together a chart that showed costs and concentrated on cumulative costs over 30 years. Once that was presented to you they picked a cost point about 7 years out. For a loan for that 7 year out amount (graciously offered at 0% interest) they could get us out of our timeshares and any loans. They would also waive their club fee (bluehike.com) valued at $7,999 which would give us immediate access to the same timeshares we currently own, plus others, for fees of $199 to $499 depending on unit size. Although for us they didn't provide a username & password to give it a look.

At the end, to try and close the deal, they also provided us with a 100% money back guarantee if they didn't get us out of all our timeshares within 3 years. They also promised no credit rating impact.

By the way, they said they would be off next week for the holiday. But, they would be in Michigan the following week. So look out Michigan, the scammers are coming, the scammers are coming!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
a shame that these same pitches go on in dozens if not hundreds of locations all over the country day in and day out...and have done so for over a decade.