• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2011 ] Questions about Summer Bay/The Desert Club Las Vegas

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe that all units/points cost the same MF regardless of whether they are 1 or 2 bedrooms. I will check to see if I have received my bill and post. I have both a 1 and 2 bedroom, converted to HIVC HICV points.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten my bill yet

No mail yet. I logged in, and it does not show any payments due at this time. Perhaps shortly this will appear.

I do have a generic letter. $598 (compared to $585 last year) for either 1 or 2 bedroom unit. I am correct, the MF are the same for any type of standard unit - either one or two bedrooms. The Signature club has higher fees.

I think that these MF are very reasonable, given what I have read here on TUG.

I know I was paying much higher for other timeshares I used to own. In the range of $700+

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No mail yet. I logged in, and it does not show any payments due at this time. Perhaps shortly this will appear.

I do have a generic letter. $598 (compared to $585 last year) for either 1 or 2 bedroom unit. I am correct, the MF are the same for any type of standard unit - either one or two bedrooms. The Signature club has higher fees.

I think that these MF are very reasonable, given what I have read here on TUG.

I know I was paying much higher for other timeshares I used to own. In the range of $700+

Got my bill today and paid on line after I had to register all over again and enter
new password. You will need your bill as they will provide a pin number in order to register.

Solai marie

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there from summer bay who paid the $204 to join the club? If I didn't add my kids when I intially joined, is it correct that it will revert back to my original float week when it transfers to them?

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Is there anyone out there from summer bay who paid the $204 to join the club? If I didn't add my kids when I intially joined, is it correct that it will revert back to my original float week when it transfers to them?

I did. We were told that any transfer, or if we choose not to pay the club dues anymore, will result in our week reverting to the original float week.
They also told us we would not be able to deposit that week in to RCI, but I don't know if that is true.
Maybe you can add your children to the deed while you still own it, then they will still be club members when they take possession?

Are owners able to book bonus time? Does anybody know how much they charge?

I am not aware of bonus time.

Solai marie

Reaction score
I was going to upgrade my summer bay week over to holiday inn, but the amount they were giving me on my trade in week is lot less than what I paid summer bay.. has anyone elce had that happen?

Solai marie

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I upgrade my paid off units to hivc will I get all my real equity towards a new purchase?