• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Reaction score
another perspective from an OBJECTOR

the northmont/northwynd/sunchaser management created this awful mess by trying to pull the wool over the eyes of every timeshare lessee.

In all my years of renting/leasing buying/selling property, i have never seen anyone try to get non-owners to pay for something that the owners should pay for. this entire premise put forth by wankel et al is ridiculous. when you rent an apartment you are not expected to cough up cash to pay for a new roof because the owner of the building can't seem to figure out how to take care of proper management of the asset. If you buy a condo, then you are responsible for capital upkeep of the entire asset but then, you actually have title to a piece of property and equity to recover when you decide to sell.

we are not deliquents, we are strenous OBJECTORS to paying another cent to improve someone elses property who will clearly benefit when they sell out down the road. it might make some business sense to invest in the future of this timeshare if we could enjoy the future profits as partners. However, i do believe that the current management has consideration only for their own interests and couldn't care a whit for the timeshare lessees.

As it is, anyone left as an owner/lessee at sunchaser will be on the hook for thousands of dollars in special levees at the whim of wankel and his partners. in addition, the liability for annual payments and fees will carry on long past the original 40 year leases. a horrible horrible deal.

Deliquent, i think not.
Sensible objectors is a far better term to describe the group of us that will fight this nonsense to the end.

Reaction score
Tswow

You've presented above and below, herein, ideas or facts or circumstances as you understand them. I don't agree with much of what you've presented. I want you to be clear I am questioning these ideas, facts, concepts and circumstances in the following which, is quite different than attacking you on the basis of any personal characteristics. You’ve used descriptions of other posters to this Board such as abusive, ignorant, belligerent and that they’re only input is rhetoric. I’ll try not to do the same.

After reading the responses, I am amazed and appalled at the rhetoric expressed. So, I decided to add my perspective. The way I see it, the problems at Sunchaser were created by Fairmont Resort Properties Limited (Fairmont). Northmont took on the problems when they took assignment of Sunchaser. Who is to blame?

Northmont is to blame. They are perpetuating the problem. To suggest they are somehow saving the day is ignoring the reality of the situation. That reality is that they have not added value to the 'guest experience.' They haven't invested any of their money into the property. In fact, they've changed the way Management Fees are calculated to make even more money. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. They are not selling any weeks. Where will that take the property? The value of a week has done nothing under their management but precipitously declined in value. I can only conclude that they have a longer term plan they've not shared. All Northmont has done is come in and say, "Its all Fairmont's problem. Ok, now send us your money, because you have to. We'll reconstruct and reorganize the resort in a way where we can maximize our profits." If Northmont truly had intentions of serving the interests of the lease-holders, they would form an association of lease-holders through which they could vet and acquire the 'social' license for their plans.

The major issue which drove the significant renovation was the leaking plastic water piping. This issue together with a poorly maintained resort by Fairmont, who allowed a deficit to accumulate, contributed to the cost of repairing Sunchaser. And Fairmont did not pursue compensation from the class action settlement regarding the plastic plumbing.

The condition of Sunchaser was the result of Fairmont’s actions, not Northmont’s who took over the resort “as is”. If Sunchaser was taken over by someone else other than Northmont, would the situation be any different? Or if Northmont were to go broke and Sunchaser taken over by someone else, would it be operated differently? I think not.

You are right. No company known for their development and operation of vacation resorts would have taken over Fairmont; which, is why the property should have been dissolved at the time of the bankruptcy. Those reputable companies did evaluate the resort and they made the decision we would have made had we be given the choice. They understood the situation: 'Too Bad, but all is lost. It would be too expensive to rehabilitate this property.' Yes, we'd have lost our initial investment but why chase a bad decision, or a good decision gone bad, with more good money?

When Northmont took over Sunchaser, they sent a survey to us owners and one of the questions asked was about the establishment of an owners association. My files show that very few owners responded and most of those who responded were not in favor of an association. So why are there complaints about not having an owners association? Was it because of the additional cost of having one? How many owners discussed the budget and maintenance fee with Fairmont or Northmont?

Your files? What do you mean your files? I'd like to know what you mean by your files? Do you mean Northmont's files? I categorically dispute that Fairmont or Northmont has ever made any legitimate attempt to fulfill their obligation to form an association to represent the Lessees. I, and not a single person I know, remembers ever being contacted about a home owners association. Ok then, when do your files say that was? Regardless, regardless, times have changed. I'd like to see Northmont create a lease-holders’ association now. To say well, we asked one time, and there was no interest is, just rhetoric. They are obligated to create one. From my Lease: LESSEE'S ASSOCIATION: ...Lessor agrees to cooperate with the lessees in the formation of such an association and agrees to recognize the association..." It decidedly doesn’t say the Lessor will take the temperature of the water first and jump in only if and when its lukewarm.

So, what should be done with a resort that is outdated poorly maintained and has major water line leakage? Let it leak and deteriorate or repair it? After a lot of research and consideration, I decided the best alternative was /is to repair it and upgrade it or lose it altogether. However I did not expect the cost to be as requested. I still do not like the cost but Northmont hired professionals to scope out the work and hired a credible contractor to do the repairs, etc.

Northmont isn't to blame for the damage in the first place. Northmont isn't to blame for the poor evaluation done by the professionals they hired to assess the property. They didn't get off to a reputable start did they? You've essentially expressed my opinion. Dissolve the whole thing. The damage was too expensive to repair. We could have all bought weeks on the secondary timeshare market for virtually zero-down, and now we'd own at a Marriott, Sheraton, Welk or at any number of the credible operations.

I studied my contract, consulted with my lawyer, discussed with other owners and met and discussed with Northmont after which I decided to “pay and stay”. I respect the decisions made by other owners to pay and go, pay and stay or pursue legal action. The legal avenue of resolve is available to everyone. However I do not have any respect for those owners who are abusive, belligerent and ignorant in their rhetoric. And do not appreciate nor respect those owners who have decided to not pay their maintenance fee, not to pay the renovation fee and not pursue legal action. Their delinquency is increasing the maintenance fee to me and other owners who are current with their fees.

You cannot convince me the rhetoric is coming from those who haven't paid. I think the repeated, "read your contract", “I met with my lawyer” is rhetoric. Unilaterally changing the lease is abusive, belligerent and ignorant all at the same time. Besides, these are your feelings, and you are casting aspersions on others. I have similar feelings for those who misrepresent and manipulate for gain but, I'll keep those feeling to myself for this Board.

I’m assuming those owners who are part of the litigation group also have not paid the fees, for which I may have to compensate for. However, I expect these owners to either pursue their legal actions with credible claims and credible evidence without delay or pay their debt. I fully support and expect Northmont to pursue collection of the outstanding fees and related interest charges.

See you in court.

I note that my 2016 maintenance fee is based on approximately 5,400 timeshare weeks versus 12,750 weeks for Sunchaser as a whole. By my calculations, this means that Hillside (7038 weeks) could be separated from Sunchaser and Riverside (4,080 weeks) and Riverview (1,632 weeks) could remain as Sunchaser. However there is no mention made in the budget for delinquent maintenance fees or delinquent fees received. My calculations in reviewing prior years’ maintenance fee show that I paid $100 annually to cover delinquency.

Where did you get these numbers? I've not seen anything that would give me this information. And, what are you suggesting? Are you suggesting Northmont's longer term plan? How would this division benefit your maintenance fees? Therefor I have to ask, why are you suggesting Riverside, Riverview, Hillside, etc. all be separated? What could possibly be gained? Unless ... unless … they've a different lease/owner/usage structure? Is that what you are implying? Is Northmont going to restructure the property in this manner? Because it would be good of them to tell us. If the purpose, the core structure and operation are aligned there would be no reason not to take advantage of the economy of scale available to the management company. If they downsize can they remain aligned with a reputable exchange company? Maybe that is why they aren't even attempting to sell any units. Maybe much of the property will no longer be based upon annual weekly leased intervals. Again, that would be valuable to know. Preferably before court. Otherwise, it’s you know, the ‘F’-word. ...Ok, ...I’ll say it, ...FRAUD.

As for the legal action; based on the rhetoric expressed on TUG, I would expect Fitzpatrick’s decision to be appealed by Jeke and/or if not, that claims would be filed by everyone else who is part of the group action. Has an appeal been filed? Have any other claims been filed? Express your feelings, accusations and allegations to the Judge and live with the consequences. I do not feel encouraged or enticed to become part of the litigation group. I am not interested in becoming part of any litigation group which includes owners who are abusive and ignorant in their rhetoric.

Define rhetoric. Repeatedly saying rhetoric is, well, rhetoric. You have readily pointed out the gross mismanagement, fraud and theft of the past, albeit by Fairmont, I'd be inclined to understand the frustration and anger over the excessive financial burden Northmont has obligated the lease-holders to by reconstructing the property. No Lessee's Association. No information about the bankruptcy. No input on the reconstruction. No financial statements for extended periods beyond those specified in the lease agreements. I'd cut the lease-holders some slack. Their anger is directed at Northmont. You are acting like that is you? You are acting like you are Northmont, the target of their anger.

Also, Fairmont Mountainside Villas is not interested in being connected with Sunchaser in any way, shape or form. Go to their website and there you will see their express statement to that effect.

DUH! No one is. Sorry, I guess, you are. I damn well paid to stay and I am not interested in being associated with Sunchaser, see the court filings.

Last edited:

Meow

Reaction score
Thank you 'Just Looking Around' for exposing Tswow as just another Northward proxy.

Punter

TUG Member
Reaction score
A show of hands: Did ANYONE get this survey?

When Northmont took over Sunchaser, they sent a survey to us owners and one of the questions asked was about the establishment of an owners association. My files show that very few owners responded and most of those who responded were not in favor of an association. So why are there complaints about not having an owners association? Was it because of the additional cost of having one? How many owners discussed the budget and maintenance fee with Fairmont or Northmont[/FONT

We never received one. When was it sent out and why didn't all owners get it?

ERW

Reaction score
I actually recall getting a survey. I'll look through my documents and see if I kept it. If I find it, I'll try to post it here. I do recall the question about a lessee's association but I can't remember if there was any sort of reply to the owners with what the outcome was. Regardless, without actually seeing the surveys themselves, I'm not sure if I would trust the reported outcome.

I think an association would be and should be formed. Whether or not that would fly is anyone's guess but it is plain as day in the contract I signed - I don't think there would be many judges that could deny that specific clause.

I actually share some of TSWOW's sentiments. Northmont did take on property that had some serious flaws inherent with the units. Whether or not the expenses to bring that property up to snuff are the responsibility of the lessees or Legacy for Life owners or Northmont's is the question. I was not involved in the legal action but would like to see this settled on way or another, sooner than later.

Punter

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Legacy for Life's scam belongs to Northmont!!!

And when that scheme didn't generate enough cash to pay back the investors, (90% of the resorts revenue was for this purpose) Northmont got into the business of selling cancelations and pocketing the cash which clearly shows their intent for the resort's future.

GypsyOne

Reaction score
History

This is my understanding of the approximate time line leading to the current issues at Fairmont:

The beginnings of the problems can be traced to the late 1990s, early 2000s when the developer, Fairmont Resort Properties, set out to build a time share resort to capitalize on the popularity of timeshare vacations that existed at the time. What better location than Fairmont with its beautiful scenery, favourable four-season climate, and variety of vacation amenities? The objective was to build them quickly and get them to market as soon as possible. Quality was sacrificed in the quest for quantity and cash flow. When new, the structures looked good, as evidenced by 14,500 buyers purchasing time share vacations in the resort. But faulty construction, short cuts, and inadequate materials soon showed up in building failure. Buildings that should have had a lifetime of 50-60 years were becoming unusable after only fifteen years.

The original developer did not tap into the TS owners to correct the deficiencies, presumably for the simple reason they had marketed the time shares as leases that they knew did not include paying for capital reconstruction or capital improvements. At this point the precedent was well established that the TS owners were responsible only for a proportionate share of the operating costs. My understanding is that the developer attempted to correct the deficiencies by raising capital through the sale of REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts). This approach collapsed when income from the resort was insufficient to service the REITs, and bankruptcy was declared in 2009.

The new owners took a different approach - hit up the TS owners/lessees. One inconvenient problem, however, was that the TS owners contract was in the form of a lease that did not include being responsible for capital re-construction, as the original developer, FRP, knew from the beginning. Soon after the takeover, they therefore sought to rewrite the contracts making them read being responsible for paying capital costs. This was accomplished through an ambitious marketing campaign selling conversions of leases to co-ownership agreements. I presume they were able to make it sound as if perpetual ownership was superior to a 40-year lease. Two objectives were met: 1) Capital was raised at approximately $5,000 - $6,000 per conversion; 2) The contracts could be re-written with a number of changes, but most importantly the clause was added: "pay the cost of capital improvements that may from time to time be required." Mission partly accomplished.

The final hurdle was to make the remaining lessees (a majority) similarly responsible as the co-owners. A large group of TS owners resisted the Northmont special assessment for building reconstruction. In the subsequent court action Judge Fitzpatrick sided with Northmont. In doing so, she basically rejected the contractual rights of the lessees, stating that it does not make sense that there be two classes of TS owners, regardless of what the contracts say. The litigation group are convinced she erred in a number of areas, and that for justice to be done, the ruling must be overturned. It is difficult not to conclude that this is not an activist judge advocating for those who do not want a major resort and tourist attraction in B.C. to fail. In doing so, the consumer and legal rights of a large group of the public have been sacrificed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's a reason we see all those abandoned cars in lots. Too expensive to fix.

ERW

"I actually share some of TSWOW's sentiments. Northmont did take on property that had some serious flaws inherent with the units. Whether or not the expenses to bring that property up to snuff are the responsibility of the lessees or Legacy for Life owners or Northmont's is the question. I was not involved in the legal action but would like to see this settled on way or another, sooner than later."

There is only one reason why a lease-holder would want to participate in the rehabilitation of Fairmont. That would be because of the location. That is it. Every other reason, particularly financial, points to abandoning your investment as the only logical conclusion. And, to participate in the rehabilitation of Fairmont is at a great additional cost. You are only seeing the beginning of it now. At the end of the day, assuming Northmont doesn't have an alternative plan - and they do, it's clear - we will each have paid our initial investment twice, plus yearly maintenance fees.

As Punter has pointed out, coming out of the bankruptcy there was and remains only one goal, payback the Developers and bond-holders. All because no one represented the lease-holders' interests at the bankruptcy proceedings. No Lessees' Association. Do you trust Kirk Wankle to represent your interests over his, the bond-holders? That's most of your money going to them, bond-holders and, not to the rehabilitation or maintenance of the buildings and lands. As part of the compensation for managing the property didn't Northmont or a subsidiary of Northmont - I can't even keep the knarled corporate tree straight anymore - acquire shares of the REIT or Bonds?

Plus, the property still flounders operationally. It still deteriorates in value as a destination.

Northmont's only motivation for assuming management of the property (I continue to refuse to call it a resort. It's more like a red-neck bed and breakfast), is to extract cash from the lease-holders based upon Northmont's understanding that they can unilaterally make these operational, capital, corporate and contractual changes - all at YOUR expense ERW. They saw an opportunity to pay back the bond-holders, reinvent the property as something with less intensive management responsibilities, as something with a greater demand of capital on the market (meaning they could sell the units for more money per unit, something longer than annual weekly intervals) all constructed at the expense of the lease-holders.

Where has all the money gone from those who have cancelled? It's as simple and transparent as that.

Why reinvent it as something with less demand for intensive management? Because they don't want to manage a property. If nothing else is clear through all of this, that one thing is clear.

What is Northmont's batting average? They've this property, Lake Whoabegone (LOR) and they struck-out with what, Mexico, Hawaii, Belize, Rafter Six, etc. I really don't know all of their past acquisitions and divestitures.

With two patients on life support and a majority of patients in the grave they are the Jack Kevorkian of Vacation Property Operators. Don't mistake these sold or closed properties as failures. Nope, this is in my humble estimation, by design. It's a manipulative and deceptive business plan but, it does produce revenue. It's a whole new world of warcraft.

I don't know but I bet Mr. World of Warcraft has flogged this scenario to other timeshare developers. Need something 'corporately euthanised' for cash? I got just what the Doctor ordered, right here.

Thankfully there are ethical operators, like Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas which, as TSWOW points out, emphatically wants nothing to do with Sunchaser.

Face it, for Northmont, running a Vacation Property can't possibly be their end game; and, they are good at playing games, but not property management.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, the whole "who is to blame" issue is really frustrating me.

Who is to blame? Fairmont. Who's accountable? Northmont. Northmont didn't cause the initial problems but they took them on when they took over. When you buy a company you don't just get the assets you get liabilities also. You factor that all into your decision, your calculations and you make a purchase decision.

I know it's been stated that Northmont shouldn't have taken the resort on but it should be made clear that by doing so they assumed accountability of Fairmont's side of the TS relationship.

I am amazed and appalled that anyone would purposely or unwittingly confuse 'blame' and 'accountability'.

Unfortunately we're in a weird twilight world where an ATTEMPT at offloading that accountability onto us is underway.

pdoff

Reaction score
Oh heck - just go to page 38 - thread 931 - the link works from there!

:shrug:

truthr

Reaction score
Link and thanks

here ya go:

http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=16969

Also thank you to the admins here for reopening this thread. All information is helpful and it is too bad that some posts had to be deleted because the posters were out of line as even some of those had some really useful information.

But again, thank you admins.

aden2

Reaction score
Fair Trading Act Alberta
Revised July 1, 2015

Cancelling agreement
7(1) A consumer may cancel at no cost or penalty to the consumer
a consumer transaction, whether written or oral, that was entered
into by the consumer and a supplier who engaged in an unfair
practice regarding the consumer transaction, whether the unfair
practice occurred before, during or after the time when the
consumer transaction was entered into, and in addition the
consumer is entitled to any remedy that is available at law,
including damages.
(2) Where a supplier has been found to have engaged in an unfair
practice, any consumer who entered into a consumer transaction
that was subject to the unfair practice with the supplier who
engaged in the unfair practice may cancel the consumer transaction
at no cost or penalty to the consumer.
(3) A consumer is entitled to recover the amount by which the
consumer’s payment under the consumer transaction exceeds the
value of the goods or services to the consumer, or to recover
damages, or both, if cancellation of the consumer transaction under
subsection (1) or (2) is not possible because
(a) the return or restitution of the goods or cancellation of

Spark1

Reaction score
After reading the responses, I am amazed and appalled at the rhetoric expressed. So, I decided to add my perspective. The way I see it, the problems at Sunchaser were created by Fairmont Resort Properties Limited (Fairmont). Northmont took on the problems when they took assignment of Sunchaser. Who is to blame?

The major issue which drove the significant renovation was the leaking plastic water piping. This issue together with a poorly maintained resort by Fairmont, who allowed a deficit to accumulate, contributed to the cost of repairing Sunchaser. And Fairmont did not pursue compensation from the class action settlement regarding the plastic plumbing.

The condition of Sunchaser was the result of Fairmont’s actions, not Northmont’s who took over the resort “as is”. If Sunchaser was taken over by someone else other than Northmont, would the situation be any different? Or if Northmont were to go broke and Sunchaser taken over by someone else, would it be operated differently? I think not.

When Northmont took over Sunchaser, they sent a survey to us owners and one of the questions asked was about the establishment of an owners association. My files show that very few owners responded and most of those who responded were not in favor of an association. So why are there complaints about not having an owners association? Was it because of the additional cost of having one? How many owners discussed the budget and maintenance fee with Fairmont or Northmont?

So, what should be done with a resort that is outdated poorly maintained and has major water line leakage? Let it leak and deteriorate or repair it? After a lot of research and consideration, I decided the best alternative was /is to repair it and upgrade it or lose it altogether. However I did not expect the cost to be as requested. I still do not like the cost but Northmont hired professionals to scope out the work and hired a credible contractor to do the repairs, etc.

I studied my contract, consulted with my lawyer, discussed with other owners and met and discussed with Northmont after which I decided to “pay and stay”. I respect the decisions made by other owners to pay and go, pay and stay or pursue legal action. The legal avenue of resolve is available to everyone. However I do not have any respect for those owners who are abusive, belligerent and ignorant in their rhetoric. And do not appreciate nor respect those owners who have decided to not pay their maintenance fee, not to pay the renovation fee and not pursue legal action. Their delinquency is increasing the maintenance fee to me and other owners who are current with their fees.

I’m assuming those owners who are part of the litigation group also have not paid the fees, for which I may have to compensate for. However, I expect these owners to either pursue their legal actions with credible claims and credible evidence without delay or pay their debt. I fully support and expect Northmont to pursue collection of the outstanding fees and related interest charges.

I note that my 2016 maintenance fee is based on approximately 5,400 timeshare weeks versus 12,750 weeks for Sunchaser as a whole. By my calculations, this means that Hillside (7038 weeks) could be separated from Sunchaser and Riverside (4,080 weeks) and Riverview (1,632 weeks) could remain as Sunchaser. However there is no mention made in the budget for delinquent maintenance fees or delinquent fees received. My calculations in reviewing prior years’ maintenance fee show that I paid $100 annually to cover delinquency.

As for the legal action; based on the rhetoric expressed on TUG, I would expect Fitzpatrick’s decision to be appealed by Jeke and/or if not, that claims would be filed by everyone else who is part of the group action. Has an appeal been filed? Have any other claims been filed? Express your feelings, accusations and allegations to the Judge and live with the consequences. I do not feel encouraged or enticed to become part of the litigation group. I am not interested in becoming part of any litigation group which includes owners who are abusive and ignorant in their rhetoric.

Also, Fairmont Mountainside Villas is not interested in being connected with Sunchaser in any way, shape or form. Go to their website and there you will see their express statement to that effect.
Northmont knowing the condition of this resort should of stayed out of this and let it go bankrupt. Do not start up Legacy for life and expect many seniors to pay millions to fix up a garbage resort. If Justice Loo would of made the right decision with her case,many lease owners would no tof paid cancellations and reno fees. All that did was gave millions for the crooks to use against us. I feel there is a connection with these two judges and that being we can not let this resort fail at any cost to the lease holders.

Spark1

Reaction score
ERW

"I actually share some of TSWOW's sentiments. Northmont did take on property that had some serious flaws inherent with the units. Whether or not the expenses to bring that property up to snuff are the responsibility of the lessees or Legacy for Life owners or Northmont's is the question. I was not involved in the legal action but would like to see this settled on way or another, sooner than later."

There is only one reason why a lease-holder would want to participate in the rehabilitation of Fairmont. That would be because of the location. That is it. Every other reason, particularly financial, points to abandoning your investment as the only logical conclusion. And, to participate in the rehabilitation of Fairmont is at a great additional cost. You are only seeing the beginning of it now. At the end of the day, assuming Northmont doesn't have an alternative plan - and they do, it's clear - we will each have paid our initial investment twice, plus yearly maintenance fees.

As Punter has pointed out, coming out of the bankruptcy there was and remains only one goal, payback the Developers and bond-holders. All because no one represented the lease-holders' interests at the bankruptcy proceedings. No Lessees' Association. Do you trust Kirk Wankle to represent your interests over his, the bond-holders? That's most of your money going to them, bond-holders and, not to the rehabilitation or maintenance of the buildings and lands. As part of the compensation for managing the property didn't Northmont or a subsidiary of Northmont - I can't even keep the knarled corporate tree straight anymore - acquire shares of the REIT or Bonds?

Plus, the property still flounders operationally. It still deteriorates in value as a destination.

Northmont's only motivation for assuming management of the property (I continue to refuse to call it a resort. It's more like a red-neck bed and breakfast), is to extract cash from the lease-holders based upon Northmont's understanding that they can unilaterally make these operational, capital, corporate and contractual changes - all at YOUR expense ERW. They saw an opportunity to pay back the bond-holders, reinvent the property as something with less intensive management responsibilities, as something with a greater demand of capital on the market (meaning they could sell the units for more money per unit, something longer than annual weekly intervals) all constructed at the expense of the lease-holders.

Where has all the money gone from those who have cancelled? It's as simple and transparent as that.

Why reinvent it as something with less demand for intensive management? Because they don't want to manage a property. If nothing else is clear through all of this, that one thing is clear.

What is Northmont's batting average? They've this property, Lake Whoabegone (LOR) and they struck-out with what, Mexico, Hawaii, Belize, Rafter Six, etc. I really don't know all of their past acquisitions and divestitures.

With two patients on life support and a majority of patients in the grave they are the Jack Kevorkian of Vacation Property Operators. Don't mistake these sold or closed properties as failures. Nope, this is in my humble estimation, by design. It's a manipulative and deceptive business plan but, it does produce revenue. It's a whole new world of warcraft.

I don't know but I bet Mr. World of Warcraft has flogged this scenario to other timeshare developers. Need something 'corporately euthanised' for cash? I got just what the Doctor ordered, right here.

Thankfully there are ethical operators, like Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas which, as TSWOW points out, emphatically wants nothing to do with Sunchaser.

Face it, for Northmont, running a Vacation Property can't possibly be their end game; and, they are good at playing games, but not property management.
What gives them the power is these corrupt Supreme Court Judges of B.C. I wonder what research do they really do? Justice Loo's decision costs Lease holders millions and how is she responsible for her actions,she lost the appeal. This next judge will also lose the appeal. The people sticking together is the power not the judges. If we can not get justice in BC lets take it to the Supreme court of Canada. These judges have no respect for what this is costing for legal fees and what this cost us originally. Can you imagine a judge,just because she is a judge called power, thinks she can change agreements that we signed with witnesses. She will never be able to change my agreement that i and my spouse have signed. How many millions have these crooks stole from timeshare leases enabled by Judges and corrupt lawyers?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
What gives them the power is these corrupt Supreme Court Judges of B.C. I wonder what research do they really do? Justice Loo's decision costs Lease holders millions and how is she responsible for her actions,she lost the appeal. This next judge will also lose the appeal. The people sticking together is the power not the judges. If we can not get justice in BC lets take it to the Supreme court of Canada. These judges have no respect for what this is costing for legal fees and what this cost us originally. Can you imagine a judge,just because she is a judge called power, thinks she can change agreements that we signed with witnesses. She will never be able to change my agreement that i and my spouse have signed. How many millions have these crooks stole from timeshare leases enabled by Judges and corrupt lawyers?

I am not a lawyer and only understand NAFTA from what I have read in media . However- we all know that such agreements have clauses that a creative lawyer could use in an appeal .
Since the resort was likely sold and marketed south of the 49th as well as in Canada - maybe it qualifies

Has anyone looked into it ?

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am assuming that many of us got the badly phrased letter from Northwynd today on the litigation. Who writes their communications? Once again they continue to state what an excellent job they are doing running the resort and how this proves they have the best interest of the timeshare owners at heart. Those of us in the legal suit are misguided and misinformed. The only time I was misguided and misinformed was when I signed a contract with them and expected them to live up to the contract. I would never call a judge corrupt but I do believe that they want the business to survive and perhaps are putting too much credibility in what Northwynd in saying. I can not believe that they will ultimately allow the contracts that we signed in good faith to be changed in a way that puts all of the costs on lease holders. It sets a precedence that can not be allowed to happen.

Scammed22

Reaction score
I am assuming that many of us got the badly phrased letter from Northwynd today on the litigation. Who writes their communications? Once again they continue to state what an excellent job they are doing running the resort and how this proves they have the best interest of the timeshare owners at heart. Those of us in the legal suit are misguided and misinformed. The only time I was misguided and misinformed was when I signed a contract with them and expected them to live up to the contract. I would never call a judge corrupt but I do believe that they want the business to survive and perhaps are putting too much credibility in what Northwynd in saying. I can not believe that they will ultimately allow the contracts that we signed in good faith to be changed in a way that puts all of the costs on lease holders. It sets a precedence that can not be allowed to happen.

Nothing but lies and scare tactics :clap:. Nothing but smoke and mirrors like I said in my 4 page letter. I enjoyed finally having somewhat of a say and asking questions they have not answered nor will they... because that would be telling the truth and would really screw up their case :). It they think this intimates us think again...I'm so ready for this!

Last edited:

Scammed22

Reaction score

ERW

I called them the double dippers...I call it as I see it.

Last edited:

GypsyOne

Reaction score
Propaganda

More blather from the propaganda department of Northmont. However, they blew their credibility when they claimed being morally and ethically correct:

"....However, the Resort has been morally and ethically correct as well. We have been open and honest throughout this process about our position and owners’ rights. Further, we have made fair offers at every stage of the process to try and reach an amicable resolution...."

I might have believed them if me and numerous others hadn't been the victims of them modifying the terms of our leases; attempting to have us convert leases to co-ownership agreements so they can add the clause "pay the cost of capital improvements" and in doing so misrepresenting the state of the resort; not establishing a lessees or co-owners association as required by contract; ignoring the contractual remedy for default and instead implementing their own version; basically making us owners for paying all the bills but no voice as owners or no chance of financial benefits of ownership; nullifying leases signed prior to 1993 to have them fit the 1993 leases; etc.

Accepting their "fair offers at every stage" would be like paying the ransom in a blackmail.

pdoff

Reaction score
Well said - yet more condescending propaganda from whoever writes this stuff for 'Passingwynd'.