• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Mexican Tribunal

Antunalu

Reaction score
Looking for anyone that had any dealings with the Mexican Tribunal. Just wondering with they can do to help get out of a timeshare scam (Krystal). Profeco says this is my next step after them, whom hasn't done anything for me after 3 hearings. Just wondering if it is worth it.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Profeco says this is my next step after them, whom hasn't done anything for me after 3 hearings. Just wondering if it is worth it.

If you had three hearing with Profeco, You have likely done everything you can do.

Sorry

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have no clue.

The name alone scares the pee out of me...there's a reason I don't do Mexico...
I presume that you don't do France, Spain, Italy or Portugal either?? Essentially the same legal code in those countries.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mexican Tribunal

We Don't Have to Show you no stinking Parking Passes

Juliewang

Reaction score
Did you get response of it? Did you resolved already?
I have just went back from Mexico, I have sign my first contract the first day we we're there with Krystal. After reading coldly the contract. I found out that was not what they said, so I proceed the rescission of my contact by the help of profeco (customers service) . It was very helpful, but anyway, as was within first 5 days, there wasn't any problem . The thing was when we turn back to hotel and face the salers (still two days left in hotel). They push me very hard, offering a much much better deal, and as a stupid, I fell by second time. Already back to my home, I start to make an exhausted research from what people said about, I decided for SECOND time to rescind my contact in the last day. Now I'm waiting credit card company to refund my money within 15 days. I don't know if I will success.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Julie, Those posts you responded to were over 4 years old. How helpful Krystal will be in processing a second rescission is unknowable. We assume that they will follow the law and proceed as long as your letter was sent withing the required time. PROFECO involvement is probably a good idea as well as protesting the charge on your credit card. It would be VERY lucky to see the charge reversed on your credit card that fast. Even if Krystal processes the rescission right away, it can take up to 45 days for you to see a refund.

Good Luck, and Welcome to TUG.

Jim

sacys

Reaction score
Did you get response of it? Did you resolved already?
I have just went back from Mexico, I have sign my first contract the first day we we're there with Krystal. After reading coldly the contract. I found out that was not what they said, so I proceed the rescission of my contact by the help of profeco (customers service) . It was very helpful, but anyway, as was within first 5 days, there wasn't any problem . The thing was when we turn back to hotel and face the salers (still two days left in hotel). They push me very hard, offering a much much better deal, and as a stupid, I fell by second time. Already back to my home, I start to make an exhausted research from what people said about, I decided for SECOND time to rescind my contact in the last day. Now I'm waiting credit card company to refund my money within 15 days. I don't know if I will success.
Hi Julie, did you manage to get your money back? Unfortunately for me it's been a month now since I purchased a Krystal TS (way past their 5 days) and not sure what my best course of action is now to cancel the contract and get my money back. Not sure if my credit card company will refund me either. If anyone has managed to get out of their contract post the 5 days, would be grateful for some advice. Thank you.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Julie, did you manage to get your money back? Unfortunately for me it's been a month now since I purchased a Krystal TS (way past their 5 days) and not sure what my best course of action is now to cancel the contract and get my money back. Not sure if my credit card company will refund me either. If anyone has managed to get out of their contract post the 5 days, would be grateful for some advice. Thank you.
Generally, once you are beyond the legally required 'cooling off' period, it becomes difficult to cancel a legally drawn contract, and more so to get a refund of money you lawfully paid them. If you have a true hardship- death, injury, loss of job, bankruptcy, etc, you might be able to write and explain your circumstances and that you regret not being in a position to EVER pay them, an here's the contract for you to sell some other sucker. But if you simply found out that you can buy Mexican timeshares for somewhere between free and pennies, they will hold you to the contract. The good news: half of us TUGgers bought from the developer. And we're the smart ones. The reasons you bought are still valid. We have all overpaid for something. Expensive lesson, but not worth ruining your credit. That is what happens if you just stop paying. Sorry.

I should ad, there is no manic dust or mystical letter that someone will write for a few thousands that will end this. Don't fall for another scam
Jim

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> ....there is no manic dust or mystical letter that someone will write for a few thousands that will end this. Don't fall for another scam.

And no magic dust, either...;) Good advice, just the same.

Houdini is dead. Writing checks to others promising "escape" won't result in the escape of anything but more money from your bank account.

sacys

Reaction score
And no magic dust, either...;) Good advice, just the same.

Houdini is dead. Writing checks to others promising "escape" won't result in the escape of anything but more money from your bank account.
Hi Jim and Theo, thanks for the advice. Is there anyone on this site who's somehow managed to get out of their contract after the 5 days? Or has everyone been double scammed by those so-called companies claiming they can get your money back? In the UK, there are companies like http://www.timesharehelp.co.uk/ who say they operate on a no win no fee basis with apparent success from the reviews posted (unless these are fake). Why do companies like KIVC still get away with what they do after having scammed so many people with their lies and promises for so many years!!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> Why do companies like KIVC still get away with what they do after having scammed so many people with their lies and promises for so many years!!

Without commenting upon whatever it is that pretends to be a "legal system" in Mexico, the short answer (which, in all fairness, is true virtually anywhere) is that only the written content of the sales contract means anything at all and any and all verbal statements made by hungry, deceitful sales weasels constitute nothing more than meaningless noise briefly floating around in the air.

Hungry sales weasels (whether in Mexico or right here in the U.S. inside Wyndham or Westgate sales rooms) will say virtually anything to "seal the deal", knowing that only written contract content has any meaning whatsoever or any legally binding significance; even the contract itself will very explicitly say exactly that, in writing! It's unfortunate (and infuriating), but it has been this way for a very long time and it's certainly not going to change anytime in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why do companies like KIVC still get away with what they do after having scammed so many people with their lies and promises for so many years!!

What would you have them do differently? They (by Mexican law) already give buyers 5 days to review the written contract and cancel the deal for ANY reason. That people choose not to read or act on it within that time frame is really not their business. There is a requirement that the buyer be told about the rescission period during the sales presentation. We suspect that that requirement could be as simple as them saying, 'You've read and understand this translation of the contract, No? Initial here.'

There is also the custom of pressing guests to do the presentation in the first few days of their visit, then loading them up with tours or zip-lines, or who knows what, so that buyers just don't have time to read a dry, ol' contract and act on the fine print that is buried within it. Yes, it's deceitful, but the business model works. After all, if buyers were totally informed that a timeshare will lost 95+% of it's value the instant you buy it, and that buyers are stuck with annual payments forever, and that the only value of the TS is in it's use, NOBODY WOULD BUY!

We have posted 'Things to know before attending a Mexican timeshare presentation' and 'How to Rescind' and many other guides on the subject- up in the red-tinted stickies at the top of this forum, but if people don't even take the few seconds to do a Google search at some point during those 5 days after making a large impulse purchase, we can't help them.

To answer your question, they do it because it works. And it isn't just Mexican ones like KIVC, American ones like Westgate are just as bad.

Jim