• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ]Note from Orlando Police Department Investigator about Timeshare Resale Scams

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
This deserved its own thread, as its buried in an older one and even I just now noticed it!

As one of two Detectives investigating the timeshare re-sale and rental industry in the Central Florida area, I can tell you that the "corporate rental pitch" is the new "buyer" pitch being used by these scammers. The pitch is a script that the telemarketer reads, boasting about all the great events that will make corporations fall in love with your timeshare. Its all crap...its called "The Reed script" and we have found it and ones like it at all our serach warrant locations. I can tell you I have not met ONE...ONE..honest person in these scam companies. They are all criminals who would steal money from their own mother...and laugh about it as they buy a new Mercedes. They are all professional liers....honesty is a word none of them could spell, much less give you the meaning of.

Most, if not all the telemarketers have been drug or subtance abusers, and nearly all had criminal records in the State of Florida. The owners of the rooms know they are pitching dirty...but figure they have 6-8 months to load up on your $$$$$, before they change to a new company and re-locate to a different boiler room location. They then just start another scam company with the State and do business under another fake company name...such as GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENTS, or some other three word BS name.

ANY telemarketer calling you and claiming a "buyer," when there is NONE, is commiting a FRAUD in the State of Florida and is subject to arrest and prosecution. If they lie to you on the phone or in any part of the deal...its called Communications Fraud and can be charged under State Racketeering laws. For you shills reading this...IF YOU LIE TO A VICTIM...THATS CALLED SCHEME TO DEFRUAD...its a Felony in the State of Florida, as well as a Federal violation. If you are located in Orange County....we will investigate you and we will shut you down...and you will be prosecuted...not fined by the Department of Agriculture.

Just ask the following: RESORT CONDOS MANAGEMENT....done, MAVERICK TIMESHARES...done, VACATIONS AND RESORTS....done, TIMESHARE GOLDLINE....done, RESORT EQUITY MARKETING...done, and the list goes one....We at the Orlando Police Department consider FRAUD as FRAUD.....its not a game, its multi-million dollar theft. The owners and operators of the above scams are now talking with us and cooperating in further investigations.....they will be charged by the Office of the Statewide Prosecutor for RICO, Communications Fraud and Conspiracy charges. Money laundering may also be added. So, for those of you who have been victimized by ANY company you think may be linked to Florida, please feel free to call me, Detective Michael Stevens, 407-246-2971, or my partner, Detective Hilary Bledsoe at 407-246-3715, with information. You can of course reach me via TUG.

We will continue to actively target and procesute any individual or group engaged in wire or mail fraud within our jurisdiction...Thanks for your time.

read this as many times as you need when you are confronted with someone who has contacted you out of the blue, and is telling you great things about how they will relieve you of your timeshare!

Jasmine658

TUG Member
Reaction score
FBI Reported TODAY

Timeshare Scam and escrow funds of many clients stolen by:

Elite Resort Transfers LLC / Selling Time Guys LLC / MTR LLC / Comas Investment Group Inc. / Timeshare Rescue LLC / My Timeshare Rescue LLC / My Timeshare Rescue Holdings LLC / Timeshare Innovators / Timeshare Traders / Paladin Equity Partners / Alumknight LLC / Score Marketing Group LLC / Summit Title Services LLC + more. LLCs mostly in Orlando, FL, all same operators: Antonio Jose Comas (aka Tony), Michael Davis, and Robert Harmon (aka Robb), MBA Business, 1992.

Corp web of LLCs: http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Orlando/robert-harmon/26113520.aspx

Previous LLC address was:
130 S. Orange Avenue, Ste.200B, Orlando, FL 32801

Antonio Jose Comas (Tony)
eBay ID: relax-a-cation
912 John Cove Ln
Oakland, FL 34787
407 877-7550
321-332-5812
Fax: 321-206-4541
wife: Vivian Comas

Michael T Davis
5037 Nadine St
Orlando, FL 32807-1333
cell# (407) 491-2327
wife: Tara B Davis

Robert (Robb) Harmon
Managing Partner, Reliance Travel Club, Summit Title Services
September 2007 – Present Orlando, FL

Timeshare resale websites of the above partners:
http://www.mytimesharerescue.com/
http://www.eliteresorttransfers.com/

My personal loss was $7298. I'm sure they stole the escrow funds of many others as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

laura in oz

Reaction score
i got scammed 12 months ago by a company called Resorts Management Services...they claimed to be in delaware but on my credit card statement it said orlando....as i actually live in Australia i didnt know how to go about reporting them..i just said goodbye to my $2399US and got over it. Today I got a call from a guy from the TASS group who is now saying he will get my money back as well as process the original sale as long as I pay the IRS $825US....i refused to give him my credit card as i dont want to get scammed again....i realise i will not get my money back but can I in some way help to stop these horrible people???

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should report your original loss to the Orlando Police Dept. Call the number listed in the original post from Tug Brian.

"So, for those of you who have been victimized by ANY company you think may be linked to Florida, please feel free to call me, Detective Michael Stevens, 407-246-2971, or my partner, Detective Hilary Bledsoe at 407-246-3715, with information. You can of course reach me via TUG."

mjgoryl

Reaction score
good info but reporting a scam doesn't mean you get taken care of. i reported mine a few years ago to florida's attorney general and nothing has been done yet! Are you familiar with website called "mescam"? I posted my first TUG question after reading it and could feel everyone throwing stones at me through the computer for even suggesting if anyone has ever attempted to do it!

whatsburning

TUG Member
Reaction score
good info but reporting a scam doesn't mean you get taken care of. i reported mine a few years ago to florida's attorney general and nothing has been done yet! Are you familiar with website called "mescam"? I posted my first TUG question after reading it and could feel everyone throwing stones at me through the computer for even suggesting if anyone has ever attempted to do it!

Yup, so true. Sometimes reporting it doesn't amount to much, but on that one chance that it catches a scammer, it's worth the time. Never got scammed with a TS, but did get scammed on ebay for lesser $$ amounts.

elswam

Reaction score
royal vacarion resort?

:confused: i receive a call of resort vacation resort, offer me rent my getaways in orlando somebody know about that and if is legal, they send me this to sign :

ENTERED INTO AGREEMENT ON MARCH 1ST, 2012 BETWEEN ROYAL VACATION RESORT, INC. AND JOSE LARA.

ROYAL VACATION RESORT, INC. is an advertising company that is not a real estate broker. Advertising fee is for marketing expenses that pool advertising resources with those of other seller and renters to maximize exposure. RVR helps our clients promote the rental and sale, direct, of their properties by them. By doing so, you remain in control of your property.

RVR forwards all inquiries in writing, regarding my timeshare directly to me and allows me to negotiate the sale or rental of my timeshare unit without the involvement of any brokers and/or commission fees. RVR is not involved in any negotiations for the sale or rental of my timeshare unit.
RVR assumes that my timeshare unit sells or rents within 6 months, unless I advise you to the contrary, prior the expiration of the 6 month period. Upon notification RVR will renew my ad at the company’s expense. RVR will advertise my timeshare until RENTED OR SOLD.

Right of cancellation is 7 business days after receipt of confirmation as required by Florida Statue Chapter 501. You must return entire package with its original envelope including delivery confirmation posted on envelope. Your returned package must be dated by postal/courier service and mailed with delivery confirmation to the address below. Send it to the attention of
REFUND DEPARTMENT for processing. Please allow 30 days for entire process.

BY signing below, I acknowledge that I understand and agree to the terms stated above. I am also authorizing RVR to accept payment in the form of a major credit card, check, money order, western union, wire transfer in USA currency as described below in payment information whether already received in full or as a partial payment.
You are not obligated to pay any money unless you sign this contract and return it
to the commercial telephone seller.

Form of payment: Check # N/A Money Order #N/A Western Union# N/A Wire Tranfer# N/A
Credit Card Type: N/A Credit Card # XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/N/A Expiration Date: N/A V-Code: N/A
Full payment is a one time, non recurring Advertising Fee: $2,400.00

elswam

Reaction score
thanks!!!

Thank you for your advice, today them call me again, I will not receive the call.
thanks!!!

j1ceasar

Reaction score
Another Scammer Shut Down

FROM DAILY COMMERCIAL NEWS 5/4/12

Woman charged with bilking seniors
Published: Thursday, May 03, 2012
CLERMONT
Staff Report
A 30-year-old Clermont woman faces multiple charges for allegedly pocketing money from senior citizens trying to sell their timeshares.
Jennifer Bacon, 1632 East Ave., was charged with grand theft, exploitation of the elderly/disabled, unlicensed real estate activity, unlicensed telephone sales and unlawful use of a two-way communication device.
According to the state Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Bacon was president of the Orlando-based RCIJB World Enterprise, which would cold-call residents claiming it had a buyer for their timeshares. The company would collect fees but never complete the sale, investigators said.
State records show Bacon was involved with another company at the exact same Orlando address -- RCI Worldwide Enterprise Inc. -- that also had "RCI" in the title, apparently trying to make people believe it was associated with RCI (Resort Condominiums International), the largest timeshare vacation exchange network in the world.
One online blogger said Bacon claimed to be associated with RCI, so he called "and RCI couldn't verify that Jennifer Bacon works for the company and they have never heard or RCI Worldwide Enterprise Inc." He posted a warning about the company being "telemarket scammers."
The Better Business Bureau also issued an alert for RCI Worldwide Enterprise Inc.
"According to information in the BBB files, it appears that the company is no longer in business. The phone numbers the BBB had for this company are disconnected, and directory assistance does not have a listing for this company. The BBB's mail to this company has been returned as undeliverable. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice," the agency said.
The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services said Carmen Rodriguez, 28, the registered owner and operator RCIJB World Enterprise, faces similar charges.

JJ Wilson

Reaction score
i got scammed 12 months ago by a company called Resorts Management Services...they claimed to be in delaware but on my credit card statement it said orlando....as i actually live in Australia i didnt know how to go about reporting them..i just said goodbye to my $2399US and got over it. Today I got a call from a guy from the TASS group who is now saying he will get my money back as well as process the original sale as long as I pay the IRS $825US....i refused to give him my credit card as i dont want to get scammed again....i realise i will not get my money back but can I in some way help to stop these horrible people???
I received a call today (June 19, 2012) from Jon Fleming at International Timeshare Network to sell our timeshare for $2195 advertising fee, even though we started the conversation with " if you charge upfront cost please hang up". His said his number was 866-231-1508 ext 600 but caller ID showed 407-545-6600.
Yes, we heard the story about selling to corporations and they do not advertise on a website but hold 90 minute seminars just the way we purchased; not sure how they do that when he is supposedly in Florida and our resort is in Utah.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
How exactly does he know that you bought after attending a 90-minute "seminar". How does he know that you didn't buy resale?

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
How exactly does he know that you bought after attending a 90-minute "seminar". How does he know that you didn't buy resale?

Safe Assumption if working from any list of timeshare owners

cowboy

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any dealings witH Resort Transfers International llc or Resort Transfers? Tram

Do you do any investigations in the Daytona Fla. area? Have you had any complaints about Resort Transfers International LLC, 1500 Bellville rd. Daytona, Fla. ? The manager is named John T. Sandowski, the sales person is Denis and the person handling the transfer paper work is Desiree. If you have a contact with the Daytona Police please let me know who to contact. I don't know if the company is just not very good at communicating or if I am being scammed. The first odd thing that occurred was when I tried to pay for my purchase thru pay pal it was rejected and I paid with a credit card. Later when I tried contacting them by phone I got a recording saying they were not in the office because the air conditioning was not working. Before purchasing I looked at the sellers rating and it was like 99.9 0/0 but later determined that this was a Dropbox on eBay and not the seller itself. I did confirm that the seller/owner of the unit and the unit number at the resort were legitimate. The resort is a Hawaiian resort and I understand that it takes while to transfer the title. Please let me hear your thoughts on this subject. Thanks. Cowboy

selboy

Reaction score
Possible Scam

This deserved its own thread, as its buried in an older one and even I just now noticed it!

read this as many times as you need when you are confronted with someone who has contacted you out of the blue, and is telling you great things about how they will relieve you of your timeshare!

Received a phone call from a Mr. K. in the Orlando area "tempting" me to sell my timeshare in the Kissimmee area, a three bedroom lockout, even-year use, at Tempest Palms. I became suspicious when he told me that my T.S. would bring between 15K and 20K because the property was recently acquired by Diamond International. His company's name is RNI, the initials standing for the first names of the three people who are the major partners.
I've only accessed this site once before, but understood enough to see that selling now and receiving just about the price I paid in 2005 is a fantasy. I've called Detective Stevens, whose number was listed here, just to give him this information. The company, RNI was not listed on the scam list, though I suspect that it should be.
Just for your information. Selboy

Reaction score
Do you do any investigations in the Daytona Fla. area? Have you had any complaints about Resort Transfers International LLC, 1500 Bellville rd. Daytona, Fla. ? The manager is named John T. Sandowski, the sales person is Denis and the person handling the transfer paper work is Desiree. If you have a contact with the Daytona Police please let me know who to contact. I don't know if the company is just not very good at communicating or if I am being scammed. The first odd thing that occurred was when I tried to pay for my purchase thru pay pal it was rejected and I paid with a credit card. Later when I tried contacting them by phone I got a recording saying they were not in the office because the air conditioning was not working. Before purchasing I looked at the sellers rating and it was like 99.9 0/0 but later determined that this was a Dropbox on eBay and not the seller itself. I did confirm that the seller/owner of the unit and the unit number at the resort were legitimate. The resort is a Hawaiian resort and I understand that it takes while to transfer the title. Please let me hear your thoughts on this subject. Thanks. Cowboy

I own Resort Transfers International. Sorry that our air conditioning was not working when you called. We were out twice in three weeks due to the fact that the chiller tower in our building was malfunctioning. I didnt want my staff to be in a 90+ degree office (as we are on the top floor, it gets hot in here). Secondly, we work hand in hand with the ebay seller. I dont even know what a drop box is. (unless you mean the name of the company who we work with, which is QuikDrop). It does take a while to do Hawaii as they are a pain and if you contacted them you would know that they are almost FOUR MONTHS BEHIND in their recordings. And you did find that the seller and unit were correct, because they are my clients (as ALL of my listings have the correct seller and unit). Most buyers pay between .01 and at the most, 10% of retail when purchasing our units through eBay or other sources. We have spent a great deal of time and money building an effective system to move inventory. We DO NOT charge people to LIST their properties. We DO NOT tell people we have a buyer for them. We DO NOT tell people that their is money in it for them. We DO NOT charge thousands of dollars to trade units. We will leave that to the scammers.

[Contact info. deleted per TUG policy. - Click on Cowboy's blue user name, and then click on "send user a private message".]

OUR EBAY COMPANY: has over 30,000+ over 12 years and they chose to do business with us because they know we do business the right way. Why would they jeopardize their livelihood?

If their are any questions regarding the validity or legitimacy of my company, please feel free to contact me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It does take a while to do Hawaii as they are a pain and if you contacted them you would know that they are almost FOUR MONTHS BEHIND in their recordings.

This is not true - I personally just had a timeshare deed recorded in Hawaii and it took less than 30 days.

Reaction score
This is not true - I personally just had a timeshare deed recorded in Hawaii and it took less than 30 days.

Then you are very lucky. We transferred a Marriott Maui and it took a phone call from the buyer, (who called Honolulu constantly over a 3 day time period) to get some answers. They said "the truth is, we are still working on May files". The buyer called me directly and let me know that the girl there moved his deed to the top of the file and we got a copy shortly thereafter. Glad you had a better experience, but this went on for what seemed to be forever with them.

lango999

Reaction score
Corporate Structure Group Inc - Legit?

My mom wants to get rid of her timeshare in Hawaii.
Corporate Structure Group Inc of Pompano Beach FL claims to be 'deed transfer specialists' that can transfer her time share.

They want $2,195 up front to do this.

She just wants to be done with the timeshare, she is elderly and can not travel.
Any feedback on this company?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
They want $2,195 up front to do this.
Upfront fees like this are most likely scams. Check out the Bargain Deals forum here on TUG. Have your mom try to give her timeshare away and maybe even offer to pay any transfer fees or current maintenance fees to make it more attractive.

lango999

Reaction score
Thanks Karen
There will soon be another free timeshare up on the board, I just have to get all the specifics from her.