• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2013] Beware Redweek4less / IA Vacations / VP Title / [see new names below][merged]

kadija

TUG Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, timeshare sales are not disputable with PayPal, (they won't do anything). Has anyone ever received copies of the deed paperwork with the wrong resort information on it? Is this part of their scam to delay the process?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, timeshare sales are not disputable with PayPal, (they won't do anything). Has anyone ever received copies of the deed paperwork with the wrong resort information on it? Is this part of their scam to delay the process?

Real estate auctions on eBay (certainly including those involving timeshares) are not in any way legally binding until / unless you subsequently sign a contract. Did you sign a contract?
What resort / week was identified within the contract?

Ad and deed errors are commonplace with some of the bumbling, inept eBay megasellers, but whether such errors are a matter of willful deceit or just unbelievable incompetence is anyone's guess.
The bottom line is that your purchase contract should clearly and specifically identify your purchase. If later deed content is different from the contract item, the seller has to make this right, one way or another; failure to do so essentially constitutes fraud. The error might be unintentional, but there must still be a precise "match" between the week in the contract and the week in the later-prepared deed. The seller is legally obligated to ensure that this is the case. Seller failure to correct and resolve this mess (entirely at their own expense) will be a solid basis for reversing the transaction entirely and obtaining a full refund of any and all monies paid, if that is now your wish --- or initiating legal action for (criminally) defrauding you if the seller does not fully cooperate and promptly "make this right".

Wrong unit / week is certainly bad enough, but wrong resort is simply inexcusable. The sheer incompetence of some of these eBay reseller monkeys and bozos just never ceases to amaze me. :eek:

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Have you tried? It might not be that timeshares sales are not disputable. Timeshares sales are not supposed to be allowed. The merchant violated the PayPal terms by taking the payment through PayPal. To me a merchant violation should be a disputable transaction but I'm not certain that it is. On the other hand if you fell for sending the money as a "friends and family" transfer then you have no recourse through PayPal.

As long as you didn't send the money to a "friend" it doesn't hurt to try.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are having problems, definitely file disputes with eBay, PayPal, and your credit card company (if you paid by credit card) before 60 days are up. Make/keep a paper trail of everything. The eBay seller (whatever name they're using) and VP Title will give you multiple excuses and promises, which only serve to drag out the transfer. After 60 days, getting a refund is much harder.

VP Title used to respond to complaints with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org/knoxville/business-revi...transfer/vp-title-in-pigeon-forge-tn-90018552). With their "F" rating, I"m not sure that they care about their reputation anymore. You're more likely to get a refund with police involvement. Send an email to Doug Shanks in the Sevierville Police Department (DShanks@seviervilletn.org) to let the police know IA Vacations is up to their old tricks on eBay again.

Sunbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are having problems, definitely file disputes with eBay, PayPal, and your credit card company (if you paid by credit card) before 60 days are up. Make/keep a paper trail of everything. The eBay seller (whatever name they're using) and VP Title will give you multiple excuses and promises, which only serve to drag out the transfer. After 60 days, getting a refund is much harder.

VP Title used to respond to complaints with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org/knoxville/business-revi...transfer/vp-title-in-pigeon-forge-tn-90018552). With their "F" rating, I"m not sure that they care about their reputation anymore. You're more likely to get a refund with police involvement. Send an email to Doug Shanks in the Sevierville Police Department (DShanks@seviervilletn.org) to let the police know IA Vacations is up to their old tricks on eBay again.

As PamMo says, contact the police. Sooner than later.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Hope today. She said to contact the owner of my week, Redweeksforless I guess, and have them issue me a refund. Like they're NOT working for the same company, GRRR!

And I got this email as a reply to one I sent to her in JANUARY asking for my money back!

Luckily my credit card company reversed the charges with PayPal long ago!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Hope today. She said to contact the owner of my week, Redweeksforless I guess, and have them issue me a refund. Like they're NOT working for the same company, GRRR!

And I got this email as a reply to one I sent to her in JANUARY asking for my money back!

Luckily my credit card company reversed the charges with PayPal long ago!

Maybe she means the real owner. With most of these "fake" brokers the transaction is between us as the buyer and a mysterious unknown real (or sometimes fake) owner. Sometimes the name materializes on a contract and sometimes it doesn't.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so glad I am out of their clutches. What a horrible, unethical, illegal, unscrupulous, band of thieves they are!!!!

busybeeen

Reaction score
Hello, bought a timeshare from redweek4less on eBay and am suffering from similar problems mentioned by many others in this forum. It has been nearly a year (bought 4/14) and VP Title, LLC has not transferred the title yet. They keep telling me that it's in the Mexican Resort's hands (Fiesta Americana Cancun).

Ebay won't help because it's been too long since I purchased through them. I was stupid enough to keep paying VP Title, LLC the resort fees so that I wouldn't lose it before I even got it! I've already paid 2014 and 2015 fees without being able to use the resort!

What can I do?!!! :(
Could someone please help me find an agency to help me? I do not know who to call since I've tried several agencies in TN but keep getting bounced around.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask some questions directly, get some answers directly...

Hello, bought a timeshare from redweek4less on eBay and am suffering from similar problems mentioned by many others in this forum. It has been nearly a year (bought 4/14) and VP Title, LLC has not transferred the title yet. They keep telling me that it's in the Mexican Resort's hands (Fiesta Americana Cancun).

Ebay won't help because it's been too long since I purchased through them. I was stupid enough to keep paying VP Title, LLC the resort fees so that I wouldn't lose it before I even got it! I've already paid 2014 and 2015 fees without being able to use the resort!

What can I do?!!! :(
Could someone please help me find an agency to help me? I do not know who to call since I've tried several agencies in TN but keep getting bounced around.

Frankly, I don't know about any "agency" that will be particularly useful or helpful to you with a Mexican RTU contract sought via eBay purchase --- over a year ago now, but there are still some efforts than you can (and certainly should) initiate for yourself and on your own.

What you "purchased" is in Mexico. By definition, no "ownership" exists and there is no "title" involved. Instead, there is a date-defined "right to use" (aka RTU) contract.

RTU contract transfers often involve internal paperwork (by "internal", I specifically mean paperwork generated and required by the resort itself or its' parent "group"). For starters, I would suggest making the effort to contact the resort directly and learn for yourself exactly what the paperwork and transfer procedures (and contract transfer fees) are at that particular facility. Armed with that (apparently currently absent) information and knowledge, you should then launch a relentless assault (speaking only figuratively, of course) on these RedWeek4less clowns and bozos until you obtain a credible explanation as to exactly why the correct process hasn't been followed and long ago completed --- or a prompt and conclusive resolution instead of lame excuses.

I hope that you don't discover that the underlying problem is that the resort actually imposes a very hefty transfer fee, which no one has yet paid and whose absence precludes (and will continue to preclude until paid) any transfer of the contract at issue. I'm not saying that's the case, but merely noting that it's a distinct possibility.

You need to ask these questions for yourself and you need to make the effort to obtain these answers for yourself.
Seeking third party magic beans will not serve to move you forward toward a clear and substantive resolution. Good luck.

If you have been paying additional post-purchase fees to RedWeek4less and not directly to the resort (for reasons I cannot begin to comprehend), if you don't get prompt satisfaction and resolution from RedWeek4less you might consider initiating a conversation with the Police Department of the (TN?) town in which these parasites are currently located and operating. You may possibly have the makings of a fraud case. The fact that you have apparently (and unwisely) made multiple payments to these parasites even after the purchase raises the possibility that their "collection" of post-purchase money from you (especially if never subsequently forwarded to the resort at all) is of plainly deceitful intent, constituting knowing and willful fraud --- which is not just business ineptitude, but may be overtly criminal behavior.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Busybeen, you bought in April 2014, when Redweek4Less was still located in Pigeon Forge. Try contacting the police department in Pigeon Forge. They've been VERY helpful getting refunds for buyers who could never get Hope Gonzales to complete their transfers. Your problems do NOT have anything to do with the Mexican resort, IA Vacations and VP Title (all owned by the same man - Stacy Gillespie) are responsible for getting the transfer done. The police, local District Attorney, the TN Attorney General's office, and FBI are all very familiar with this group. Please file an official report with the police.

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Divi Little Bay
New eBay User Name

As a heads up, it looks like all the BBB / eBay complaints did something and "shut down" redweeks4less...BUT...it just redirected them since it also looks like their new eBay user name is expressgetaways-06 (phone number that a bid-winning Tugger called hits an IA Vacations message), and neither redweeks4less / redweek4less can be found when doing an eBay user search.

(I'm posting this in a couple redweek4less threads, so, please forgive me for clogging the recent posts!)

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a heads up, it looks like all the BBB / eBay complaints did something and "shut down" redweeks4less...BUT...it just redirected them since it also looks like their new eBay user name is expressgetaways-06 (phone number that a bid-winning Tugger called hits an IA Vacations message), and neither redweeks4less / redweek4less can be found when doing an eBay user search.

(I'm posting this in a couple redweek4less threads, so, please forgive me for clogging the recent posts!)

Thank you for posting.

Tuggers never rest in their quest to expose scammers.

Forewarned is forearmed.

-

Last edited:

travelplus

Reaction score
EBay should shut down and ban this person as I believe in their Terms and Conditions you are not allowed to use more than one username to participate in Fraud. The FBI should get the EBay records, ISP records and all supporting documents.

If I were to open up 20 EBay accounts and make people think I am a different entity and commit fraud I would be banned from EBay and PayPal.

I hope the company gets sued in a Class Action Lawsuit for all those people they have scammed and be forced to spend time in Federal prison, their licenses revoked and do a lot of community service hours.

Perhaps this company is also committing Tax and Credit Card Fraud. I would love to see how many bounced checks they write, their Escrow Account(as money is held there until the sale clears or its held their as part of the Fraud).

This reminds me of a Travel Agency here in the SF Bay Area that claimed they were selling a cruise and took money and held it in their Escrow account and never paid the vendor the money hence when the travelers showed up there was no reservation. The agency went bankrupt and as I recall was using the money in the Escrow Account to pay off their own luxury vacations. This is why I call the vendor right away after paying to make sure they see my reservation on the system and send me a copy of the reservation.

This is my 2cents. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

travelplus

Reaction score
Duplicate Sorry. Please see my post above.

Last edited:

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Where is the Rossen Report when we need him?

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
VP Title and jqtravel844

From a feedback, it looks like VP Title / VPTitle is doing business on eBay under the user name jqtravel844 and premiervacationmarketing

Last edited:

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
VP Title / premiervacationmarketing / Redweeks4less

Also be aware of premiervacationmarketing. Same as Redweek4less , Redweeks4less and jqtravel844

Won a Marriott auction but they could not provide estoppel certificate from Marriott. Only a hand written one.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with IA Vacations (RedWeeks4Less, expressgetaways-06, premiervacationmarketing, VP Title, etc) is that many of the estoppels they sent to buyers were totally bogus. They were highly redacted templates, with information that could not possibly be verified with/by the resorts - sometimes so careless as to list unit numbers or configurations that didn't exist. They sent out their "estoppels" as a way to string naive buyers along.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They're b-a-a-a-a-ck!! Their new eBay ID is bcsrentals. Dead giveaway was "buyer" feedback saying how great Brittany is at VP Title. :rolleyes: They've got a new name, but are still operating out of Sevierville, TN as BCS Rental - "Website coming soon!"

They have some nice (albeit incorrect) eBay listings for WKORV, Waiohai, Disney Animal Kingdom, and Hilton Flamingo, among others.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
They're b-a-a-a-a-ck!! Their new eBay ID is bcsrentals. Dead giveaway was "buyer" feedback saying how great Brittany is at VP Title. :rolleyes: They've got a new name, but are still operating out of Sevierville, TN as BCS Rental - "Website coming soon!"

They have some nice (albeit incorrect) eBay listings for WKORV, Waiohai, Disney Animal Kingdom, and Hilton Flamingo, among others.

So are they posting rentals and sales on eBay? I still can't believe they haven't been prosecuted. Shame on the authorities and eBay.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have nine listings under Timeshares for Sale - no rentals. Their new ID started in mid-May, and they already have amazing feedback from 9 very satisfied buyers! :hysterical: Their 30 other positive ratings come from their eBay purchases.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They have nine listings under Timeshares for Sale - no rentals. Their new ID started in mid-May, and they already have amazing feedback from 9 very satisfied buyers! :hysterical: Their 30 other positive ratings come from their eBay purchases.

I wonder if any of those 9 listings actually exist.