• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2015] Disney replaces US tech workers with foreign replacements.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The clubhouse where I live in a 55plus community got decorated for Memorial Day with cheap red/white/blue stuff...likely made in communist China and bought at a dollar store or Walmart. That junk adorns every wall window and door and will probably stay put thru July 4. America the beautiful indeed.:rolleyes:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
All about the $ and sickening

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with this practice. Obvious from my posts.

There are some situations where a US Corporate entity is facing financial pressure to save $. Then the Senior Execs make the call to offshore out of sheer desperation.

Disney on the other hand literally prints cash. You have to question the wisdom of that decision.

The other thing that blew me away with the 60 minutes report is that the some local State Governments are guilty of this practice. Why would a State Government intentionally send jobs offshore to put their own taxpaying residents on unemployment. :(

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I don't agree with this practice. Obvious from my posts.

There are some situations where a US Corporate entity is facing financial pressure to save $. Then the Senior Execs make the call to offshore out of sheer desperation.

Disney on the other hand literally prints cash. You have to question the wisdom of that decision.

The other thing that blew me away with the 60 minutes report is that the some local State Governments are guilty of this practice. Why would a State Government intentionally send jobs offshore to put their own taxpaying residents on unemployment. :(

The significant question that I see is why are people from other countries so much better educated and qualified that they are seen as highly desirable employees? If our tax dollars were being invested in our Country's future we would be identifying our brightest at each level, upon entering school, grade school, middle school, high school, *trade school, college, and making sure they got the best education possible at no or minimal cost. It is no secret that the state of education in this Country is very sadly lacking for the overwhelming majority of its youth. But to be wasting the valuable resources that are our best and brightest is something we cannot continue to do. Yes there are the fortunate few who get the scholarships but just stop and think about how many of them got those scholarships because their parents pretty much did their homework/wrote their papers or the student was a high school sports star. I'm sure there are many other similar situations that OP can think of that makes us ask if giving that student the scholarship benefited the future of this Country. Take a good look at the educational systems in other countries and compare them to ours. Anyone who doesn't understand why our Country's educational system doesn't begin to measure up needs to take off their rose colored glasses and spend some time in our schools. *In case you missed it, I included the trades and agree with Mike Rowe who promotes the trades and believes that aspect of our education system has failed epically.

OP who are Canadian citizens can weigh in on this but it is my understanding that if a Canadian company wants to employ a U.S. citizen they must first prove that there is no qualified Canadian citizen willing and able to accept the position.

IMO no government entity, Federal, State, or local, should employ anyone who isn't a U.S. citizen. What do OP think; should we consider an exemption for anyone actively working to attain U.S. citizenship but only for the minimum number of years needed to get their citizenship and they must pay taxes in that interim period?

Also IMO companies operating and selling their products in this Country should not be allowed to bid on government contracts nor receive any government subsidies if they employ non U.S. citizens. But perhaps with the above mentioned exception? Furthermore companies should have to pay a fee, perhaps an exorbitant fee, for every non U.S. citizen they employ to be allowed to operate and do business in this country and maybe no or very, very few exceptions on that. One of the few exceptions I can think of would be Disney. It is a wonderful short term cultural exchange experience for foreign youth to come here to work and for our youth to interact with them and it actually does promote tourism.

As most people know it has become very difficult for companies 100% owned and operated by U.S. citizens to compete with the prices of foreign goods. And the worst part is that it is largely due to the subsidies and special benefits given to to their competition. Even when we want to support made in USA products it becomes harder all the time to find those products in our local stores. I would like to see subsidies given to to the companies fully owned and operated by U.S. citizens to enable them to match prices with foreign goods. Or perhaps tax/fix the price of foreign goods so that they are sold at no more than a minimal percent lower than the goods made in this country. For the last 30+ years we've stood by and let our elected officials sell our country down the river, and I'm using that phrase very intentionally for those of you who know what it means. Look where it's gotten us; certainly not the future any of us want for our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

I know there are people who believe that people like George Soros and others whose names I don't remember or even know and other countries that have actively worked for years, often with the knowing or unknowing help of our elected officials, to undermine the economy of this country. Others believe it is plain and simple greed, of the wealthy corporate owners, the highly paid management, and our elected officials lining their own pockets. Maybe it is all of the above.
This Country is already fast approaching or some say is already at the point of being unable to sustain itself from the taxes of its citizens. What happens then? It seems that whenever anything that has a real chance of working and benefiting the citizens of this Country is proposed the first thing we hear is that jobs will be lost if any of those things would be implemented. Duh, more jobs are being lost every day anyhow! Only a fool thinks change will be easy but what are the choices, continue with the current decline or give up a little to gain a lot?

P.S. I would gladly make exceptions for Canadians. I grew up in a town in northeast Ohio on Lake Erie and unlike the people who live in the Southwest part of our Country we looked upon Canada as our friendly neighbor to the North. The Canadian side of Niagara Falls, was a day trip for families even back in the 50's and 60's when I was growing up. Back in my 20's my ex and I enjoyed going to Toronto for long weekends and took a wonderful week long driving vacation in Canada, spending time in Montreal and Quebec City where my high school French came in handy. It wasn't until I moved away from the northeast Ohio and Pennsylvania area that I quit carrying my birth certificate in my wallet. I was in my 50's and put down on some kind of fun survey/quiz that I had never been to a foreign country. I took a lot of teasing from my husband over that! Yes Canada is a different country but I apparently I define foreign countries as countries other than Canada!

Last edited:

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
OP who are Canadian citizens can weigh in on this but it is my understanding that if a Canadian company wants to employ a U.S. citizen they must first prove that there is no qualified Canadian citizen willing and able to accept the position.

Not exactly. U.S. citizens who qualify for a NAFTA admission based on the job category do not require a Labour Market Impact Assessment (i.e. "prove that there is no qualified Canadian citizen willing and able to accept the position"). And Canadian citizens can work in the U.S. under a TN category visa (under NAFTA) instead of the infamous H-1B.