• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 ] Palmera Vacation Club

Althepal16

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none yet
Just traded my Plan with Tan today for Palmera Vacation Club. PVC promised four weeks a year vacation anywhere in the world plus their HH Island resorts. I had to pay $1350.00 to secure the transfer. They gave me an RCI directory and said that I could use my weeks traded equally for weeks anywhere in the directory which includes properties in vacation spots all over the world. After reading this thread, I am thinking of backing out tomorrow. What do y'all think?

Look at the contract and ignore every word that comes out the their mouths. You are buying a certain number of RCI points, that is all you are getting. For me it was 3000 points for $14,000. Now go on the RCI website and try to book 4 weeks a year with your RCI points. Good luck. You will not even get a week in prime season anywhere for 3000 RCI points.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You likely traded your vacation club with TAN for an almost identical one and had to pay $1350. If they are giving you 4 weeks they are going to be the left overs not anything in the book.

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan
Look at the contract and ignore every word that comes out the their mouths. You are buying a certain number of RCI points, that is all you are getting. For me it was 3000 points for $14,000. Now go on the RCI website and try to book 4 weeks a year with your RCI points. Good luck. You will not even get a week in prime season anywhere for 3000 RCI points.
Thanks, I already contacted a lawyer to write up the cancellation letter and notarize it. There was no language in the contract that outlined any of the points the sales rep told us. It is definitely a scam. I am going to deliver the letter myself.

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan
You likely traded your vacation club with TAN for an almost identical one and had to pay $1350. If they are giving you 4 weeks they are going to be the left overs not anything in the book.
Thank God I have 5 days to cancel. The more I look at the paperwork, the angrier I get.

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan
Thank God I have 5 days to cancel. The more I look at the paperwork, the angrier I get.
The only thing I can say is look before you leap and never sign a legal document without your lawyer present.

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan
The only thing I can say is look before you leap and never sign a legal document without your lawyer present.
Did some research last night and Palmera use to be called Coral Resorts LLC, but because of lawsuits, 66 in all, they changed their name. They are represented locally by Naert & DuBois, LLC, Attorneys at Law. There are tons of law firms right near them so beware.

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan
Did some research last night and Palmera use to be called Coral Resorts LLC, but because of lawsuits, 66 in all, they changed their name. They are represented locally by Naert & DuBois, LLC, Attorneys at Law. There are tons of law firms right near them so beware.
Correction, Naert & DuBois represent the people suing Palmera. They are the good guys.

Althepal16

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none yet
Don't feel bad, they are really slick talkers, but almost nothing they say is in the contract. It is amazing that they are still in business.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just traded my Plan with Tan today for Palmera Vacation Club. PVC promised four weeks a year vacation anywhere in the world plus their HH Island resorts. I had to pay $1350.00 to secure the transfer. They gave me an RCI directory and said that I could use my weeks traded equally for weeks anywhere in the directory which includes properties in vacation spots all over the world. After reading this thread, I am thinking of backing out tomorrow. What do y'all think?

What exactly does "PVC promised" mean? Are those "promises" reflected in writing? (I doubt it). Sounds like meaningless BS to me, frankly.
Since you've asked, I think that you should probably be preparing your rescission letter right now, today instead of waiting until tomorrow.

SPAC

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Beach Place Towers
I trades into Island Links, here for 3 weeks. We went over for Palmera presentation.

They are courteous, but fast talking. They gave me a price of $22,500 for 4000 or 5000 points.
They also said they would be willing to take my Manhattan Club in trade.
The long and short of it was I told them I would not make a decision involving $20,000 or even $5,000
without doing my due diligence. I told the salesperson, "Trust is Good, Checking is Best"
The presentation ended immediately.

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan
I cancelled my Palmera Vacation Club Package the day after I traded my Tan Club package plus $1350 CC for 2000 points. When I went in to cancel, they signed the cancellation right away and gave me a credit slip for the $1350 on my CC. However, the credit didn't show up on my CC. I waited 5 days. When I called them, they gave me some bs story that it takes at least 5 business days to post a credit. I immediatly disputed it thru my Costco Citi card. Lucky for me, the card is my cosco membership card and my dispute went thru in one day. Palmera Vacation Club is a scam. Citi had all sorts of information about them. The morning we left the Island, one of their fish hook salesman was at the diner where we ate. On the way out, my wife and I paid him a visit while he was hooking in a potential fish. It was a very interesting talk, to say the least. They are all silver toung vipers. The fish didn't bite by the way. Palmera = scum

brad thomas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
palmera vacation club
I purchased 3,000 points last October and so far am very happy. My family and I went back there earlier this month with out using any of our points, we spent $212. The trip was great, I don't think we could have done the same trip for $1500. I also have a trip booked in may using 2000 of my points, we are going to the gulf shores. We are new to Palmera but have been in timeshare for awhile and at this point we couldn't be happier with our choice to switch to them.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I purchased 3,000 points last October and so far am very happy. My family and I went back there earlier this month with out using any of our points, we spent $212. The trip was great, I don't think we could have done the same trip for $1500. I also have a trip booked in may using 2000 of my points, we are going to the gulf shores. We are new to Palmera but have been in timeshare for awhile and at this point we couldn't be happier with our choice to switch to them.
If you went without using points did you book through RCI getaways or the Palmera club?

brad thomas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
palmera vacation club
If you went without using points did you book through RCI getaways or the Palmera club?
for the trip to hiltonhead i used what they call a smart stay, the trip coming up is through rci using my points.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the smart stay is through palmera
So what is a smart stay? Can you post a sample of upcoming smart stays available? I own Island Links but avoid updates like the plague. In the past they offered bonus weeks but you had to pay the full $900+ weeks MF even for off and mid season weeks.

brad thomas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
palmera vacation club
So what is a smart stay? Can you post a sample of upcoming smart stays available? I own Island Links but avoid updates like the plague. In the past they offered bonus weeks but you had to pay the full $900+ weeks MF even for off and mid season weeks.
I had to read the definition of a smart stay to answer you, but it is basically the ability to pick up weeks 45 days or less back at one of the resorts in palmera you can use points money or a combination of both. We used one at the beginning of the month and it was $212 for a 3 bedroom at Island links. I looked up the smart stay inventory for april and this is what it is:
Coral sands 3 bed in april $424
Island links 3 bed in april $424
Coral Reef 2 bed in april $362
There were units for very week of the month. Im not sure yet how you use points for that stay instead I just learned about it after you asked the question, I will call and ask though.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There were units for very week of the month. Im not sure yet how you use points for that stay instead I just learned about it after you asked the question, I will call and ask though.
Thanks. My concern as a non enrolled owner would be that they are now offering weeks less than the a standard weeks MF. In the winter it looks like about 1/4 and during the shoulder season it is just under half. If they are basing it on the number of points it takes to reserve then the summer rates would have to be at least double- $1800+. I guess if it is unsold inventory that the Palmera club is paying MF, they can offer it at whatever rate they want but if they aren't paying MF and are reimbursing the HOA's at a rate lower than MF but only offering the price to Palmera members that doesn't seem right.

randster2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brad I attended A presentation yesterday. Can you explain how it worked to get your gulf shore trade? They said every trade is 1000 points, and a special palmera vacation club tab is used. Thanks.

brad thomas

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
palmera vacation club
Brad I attended A presentation yesterday. Can you explain how it worked to get your gulf shore trade? They said every trade is 1000 points, and a special palmera vacation club tab is used. Thanks.
sure i just went to the palmera website clicked on the escape link which took me to rci. I then entered where and when i wantd to go and chose between the two resorts that had availability. I had to pay the rci exchange fee of $229 and that was it.

Bob G

Reaction score
I exchanged 2 RCI weeks plus $1500. Supposedly this would get me approx 4 weeks under the Palmera point plan 3000 points. This was not the case. I checked with RCI and they did not know Palmera. I talked to 3 RCI agents. 1 out of 3 was able to find a Palmera account and give me some RCI values. The other 2 were not help other than to say no go. Demand a chart of or map to RCI point system. I found that I got basically 1/2 my trading power in RCI for my Palmera exchange.
The real kicker was that salesman promised 4 weeks for Palmera points. This was ONLY if you booked within 30 days of your vacation. I did not find this out until afterwards when researching what I got into. They do not seem to have very much customer support. Just a few salesmen and a contract guy. Good luck if you need to talk to someone. I went straight to voice mail on all of my calls except for the one to the Palmera New Owners Hotline.
It might work if you do short notice trips and like to book within 30 days. But for anything that involves a airflight or longer range planning you are screwed. I backed out. There is 5 day window to cancel. Refund was processed with no issues.
All in all it might work for some folks but you really need to double check with RCI what your Palmera points will get you. This is a great Resort on HHI with 4 locations so if you want to go to HHI it might work but tread carefully if you are doing any kind of exchange for RCI weeks or points. There is no good chart of exchange that I could find.

randster2

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister and I went to a presentation for Palmera Vacation Club the end of March. They promised $18,000 for timeshares we both have -Lakeview in WV and Spicebush in Hilton Head. Their program would cost $20,000, so we owed $2,000 after subtracting the $18,000 credit for our 2 timeshares. For $2,000 we were each promised 3,000 points, which would get us 3 trades. They said Palmera has a special relationship with RCI so we could get 3 trades. There was no mention of the best trades being within 30 days. Or we could book a Hilton Head summer week if we chose not to use the 3,000 points. The yearly maintenance fee would be $595. We each bought into the program. We looked at the contracts that evening, and saw something different than promised. The $18,000 credit for our 2 timeshares was not guaranteed. We had signed a contract to buy 3,000 points for $14,000. The summer Hilton Head week trade option was not mentioned. We both cancelled the contract since the contract did not match what we were told. We had been sold 3,000 points for $14,000 with no guarantee of receiving $18,000 for our 2 timeshares. 3 different Palmera reps had assured me that my out of pocket expense would be $2,000, but that was not guaranteed in the contract.

Gbelcinia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I just signed up to see what I bought. I traded two of my high maintenance fee timeshares for one Palmera and $2000 on top of that. This was back in October but I had not booked anything until recently. It took almost five months to get my money on the trade ins but it finally came.
I have only booked one trip to Myrtle Beach for this summer and used 1000 of my 3000 points to be able to book it but I will still get three weeks for the two that I traded in,so I am satisfied so far.

randster2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did Palmera give you the money promised for your two timeshares? When I canceled, the rep offered me $8000 immediately versus the $18,000 offered verbally during the presentation. I wanted a guarantee that I would only pay $2000 for the entire deal as promised in the presentation, but the rep would not promise after I signed the contract. The contract did not read that way. I was worried I would have to pay more than the $2000 difference. Glad it's working out for you.