• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 ] Palmera Vacation Club

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan
Deceitful parasite weasel that thrives in SC.... I like that. I would add that these PVC weasels give you nothing when you sign your good money away except the potential of possibly getting a vacation. Read the contract!!!!!!! There is nothing that binds them to any promise they may have made in their presentation. It is a well oiled sting that everyone in their organization is involvolved with. They are well trained con men and women. Their only objective is to get you to make a hasty purchase which is guaranteed to give you a parasitic weasel filled stomach ache.

OntarioGuy

Reaction score
Deceitful parasite weasel that thrives in SC.... I like that. I would add that these PVC weasels give you nothing when you sign your good money away except the potential of possibly getting a vacation. Read the contract!!!!!!! There is nothing that binds them to any promise they may have made in their presentation. It is a well oiled sting that everyone in their organization is involvolved with. They are well trained con men and women. Their only objective is to get you to make a hasty purchase which is guaranteed to give you a parasitic weasel filled stomach ache.
My concern here is... why is there ZERO complaints about this company in either the BBB or Consumer Affairs for SC?....YET!!

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan
I honestly don't know the answer to that question . I know two things. Once they know that you are on to them, their posture towards you changes, and if you research them you will find out that they have been involved in over 60 law suits. Those were class action. Suing individually would be cost prohibitive. Buyer beware whenever vacation club timeshare is mentioned.

Starbright

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Island Links, Coral Reef, Disney
I check the BBB and they have one star out of 5 so they know about it, I guess they do not care. I remember the sales person gave us his cell phone number and said call me with any questions! Ha, needless to say that was a joke, he never answered ever, not once. I just cannot believe that we had been going there for years and always thought of them as reputable, what fools we were.

OntarioGuy

Reaction score
Well, I just got my information from them, and it is now confirmed--- total scam--sold 2000 points--after looking up their points to get a room in Hilton Head for a week--there is NOTHING less than 3150 for a week and that is in Jan. We were told 2000 points would get us 2.5 weeks a year in a 2 bedroom. And... I tried to book a week--guess what.. only one week was available for the off season month we want..and that is going to cost 5600 points for the week. So now I have 2000 points that will get me exactly nothing a year. Lucky we have not paid the full thing yet--now the question is.. what is the next step--suggestions?

Starbright

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My advice is do not give them another red cent! We already paid our money and gave up our timeshare but are trying to fight the contract because it is fraud and that does trump a contract. You are lucky you have only paid partial. We found out the same thing you get nothing for those points. We are trying to dispute it and void the contract and possibly file a class action law suit. The problem lawsuits go on for years and I do not want to pay another red cent to a lawyer. Hard to believe this has been going on for years under a different name of Coral Sands now Palmera. Hilton Head was such a great place but I have lost all faith in Hilton Head since they are part of this Palmera. Only advice I can give is do not give them any more money cause you will never see it or them again.

Wegiel

Reaction score
We had the presentation yesterday morning. The guy kept telling us to never use the points on their resort, but instead pay the $200+ for a week stay. When we asked why, he would just say that it doesn't it make sense since you can just pay $200 for a week.
I'm relieved to say that we didn't buy anything from them.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Port O Call, Palmera Vacation Club
Just returned from a smart stay in May thru Palmera, for $420. Couldnt be happier. Looking forward to going again in the fall. Seems best to use points thru RCI just as the rep above suggested.

Sulalith

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wydham
I check the BBB and they have one star out of 5 so they know about it, I guess they do not care. I remember the sales person gave us his cell phone number and said call me with any questions! Ha, needless to say that was a joke, he never answered ever, not once. I just cannot believe that we had been going there for years and always thought of them as reputable, what fools we were.

What's the name of the sales person who gave the phone number? I can't believe this is still going on. Apparently SC law system really does not care that people get scammed.

ed silberhorn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gold Crown at Los Olas in Satellite Beach, Florida
The only guy on this whole thread who is allegedly happy thinks using a "smart stay" is a good deal but if he were to average out what he's lost by buying in he'd see it costs him over $3,000 per dumb stay not including $500 a year in annual maintenance fees!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The only guy on this whole thread who is allegedly happy thinks using a "smart stay" is a good deal but if he were to average out what he's lost by buying in he'd see it costs him over $3,000 per dumb stay not including $500 a year in annual maintenance fees!

No there are 2 so called happy members. Chase and Gbelcinia. I believe Chase. Getting a late May early June week for $420 is a good deal but not an unbelievable deal. He payed to upgrade (probably too much but almost all developer purchases are too much and people do it all the time) and is happy so far with the flexibility that he now has compared to his deeded week.

Gbelcinia was the unbelievable one who supposedly received his multi thousand dollar payback when they sold his old unit and got an rci exchange for a number of points that would not happen during the time period he said.

ed silberhorn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gold Crown at Los Olas in Satellite Beach, Florida
No there are 2 so called happy members. Chase and Gbelcinia. I believe Chase. Getting a late May early June week for $420 is a good deal but not an unbelievable deal. He payed to upgrade (probably too much but almost all developer purchases are too much and people do it all the time) and is happy so far with the flexibility that he now has compared to his deeded week.

Gbelcinia was the unbelievable one who supposedly received his multi thousand dollar payback when they sold his old unit and got an rci exchange for a number of points that would not happen during the time period he said.
Palmera Vacation Club is a scam pure and simple but if you are stuck with it just wait until they screw up towards you in the future and go after them with both barrels.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I own an EOY at Island Links. I bought resale but I know others who did not. I don't believe the club is a scam. I think the selling staff and techniques used to sell were/are underhanded and dishonest. I think they are probably worse than some other sales staff by design and support of management but that doesn't make the product a scam- just overpriced and not necessarily the product that some thought they were buying. This isn't different than many timeshares. Comparing the actual product with the verbal promises made, I can see why you say it is a scam but like many timeshares if you can separate the resort and ownership/membership with the sales staff the product isn't bad and certainly isn't a scam. They start with the top of the line package and since the price is overwhelming to most, they offer smaller and smaller products and certainly imply that the benefits and availability for a package that cost 1/20th the cost of the original one and have about 1/10th as many points which isn't true. You basically end up with the equivalent of an every other year off season week but are left with the impression that you have something more until you really learn to use it.

OntarioGuy

Reaction score
Palmera Vacation Club is a scam pure and simple but if you are stuck with it just wait until they screw up towards you in the future and go after them with both barrels.
The problem with them is they sell you what you think is a legit deal, being 2.5 weeks per year with your 2000 points, and they do mention that there is such a thing as "smart stays"... BUT, our salesman told us "smart stays" were "bonus" deals, not once was it ever mentioned or even hinted at, that that is where you should use your points to get this 2.5 weeks per year..So if I have to wait till last minute to book anything and Hilton head is very popular, and this is nothing but buying a sell off or last minute vacations.. what would be my chances of actually getting what I want on the week I want it? Not likely I would think. Why would any person pay these people upwards of 10,000 US dollars, along with almost 500 US dollars a year in maintenance fees, for the right to buy last minute deals? At least why would they knowingly buy in? They wouldn't, It is exactly what everyone has said, its not that there is anything in the contract that is not true, it is what is NOT in the contract that is the scam.
Follow up to my personal fight with Palmera, I have now made 5 phone calls, only once being able to contact a customer service rep, with zero satisfaction, I told the rep, write me a legal letter, and send it registered mail, proving I will be able to get 2.5 weeks per year in Hilton Head, anytime I want it, just as my salesman told me, and I will pay the entire deed in full on that day. Guess what, he was not able to guarantee me a thing. I have left 4 messages with a manager, with not one call back, as well, sent 4 emails, with not one reply. each one requests the same thing--PROVE IT or cancel my contract. NOTHING so far...not a word.

Starbright

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And Ontario Guy that was my experience also, you and call and call and never hear back and they know it is a scam and people that read this should know that you are giving up your hard earned money never to see your money or have them even talk to you and straighten things. Liars all of them--such a lovely place to have such deceptive practices. So forewarned is forearmed.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
holidayinnclub
And Ontario Guy that was my experience also, you and call and call and never hear back and they know it is a scam and people that read this should know that you are giving up your hard earned money never to see your money or have them even talk to you and straighten things. Liars all of them--such a lovely place to have such deceptive practices. So forewarned is forearmed.

I've called six times in three days, left messages requesting a call back, no response?
CROOKS FOR SURE!!!!!

ckrcjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Island Links
I've called six times in three days, left messages requesting a call back, no response?
CROOKS FOR SURE!!!!!
We have had a very similar situation as everyone else. We have owned a timeshare for close to 30 years and never had any problems. Last April we were visiting Island Links and went to our "update" since we had received a letter stating Palmera bought Coral Resorts, so we thought we would see what it was all about. We were told we would have 5000 points, which would allow us 5 weeks (off season) on HHI or 2 weeks peak season. We were also told we could use this "club" at Marriott, Hilton, etc vacation clubs as well. We told our rep we were planning a trip to Hawaii in 2018 and would we be able to book a resort - and she said absolutely as long as we book 11-12 months in advance. I also asked about our son and his family who were planning a trip to Disney in Nov. 2018 and would they be able to use this. She said definitely - and they could stay in Disney resorts as long as they booked 1 year in advance and it would be 1000 points. We agreed to the change and it has been downhill ever since. Not one thing we were told has been true. Nothing in Hawaii, nothing in Disney and we tried to get back into HHI - nothing! No matter when I tried - nothing! We have never had a problem booking at a HHI resort previously. For the first 5 days after our update, she answered all texts and phone calls as I wanted to verify everything. On day 6 - disappear! We have called, left messages on her phone as well as the main number - nothing. Sent emails to customer service - no response. I feel very angry and stupid that we have been scammed after all these years. Left message with customer service - nothing. I have sent a certified letter to the COO advising of all of this and requesting to terminate everything since it was all fraud.......you guessed it....the letter was returned to us, so I have sent it one more time to see what happens.

We were also told the "club" membership fee is $69/month and if you decide you no longer want to belong, you just stop paying. Much to our shock, we received a bill for over $800! They said we have to pay this year AND next year upfront before the $69/month begins so they would deduct over $200/month for 8 months from our checking account and then change to $69. Are you kidding me? We were never told this and I cannot find it anywhere in our contract. I refuse to pay this.

I am sickened by the fact I feel we have to pay on this for the next 10 years and will have absolutely nothing. I would love to join a class action suit to figure out how to stop them and what to do. If we could cancel everything and go back to what we had - it would be great. Any suggestions?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Contact the SC Attorney General and file a complaint. Palmera is a re-incarnation of Coral Resorts which has a long history of fraudulent selling practices with multiple cases which actually made it to court not just settlement. It may not help but if the AG gets enough complaints maybe something will get done.

Gbelcinia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I just returned from my trip to Myrtle Beach using my Palmera points and everything worked as it was supposed to. Some of the member on here had me worried that they were going to charge me more points or money. That did not happen and I will be looking to book my next trip in the fall. I will let you know how that works out.
There is apparently a group on here who does not want to learn how to use the program properly even after someone posted a video on how to book for 1000 or less points. Is it perfect? Maybe not,but what timeshare is? It sounds like there are some of Palmeras competition on here trying to bad mouth a company that may have a better program than they have.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad your unbelievable exchange worked out for you. In general shills don't bad mouth other companies, it think all the disgusted comments are from actual Palmera Customers. Shills pop up and have unbelievably good things to say about their own company but of course pretend not to work for the company- just pose as a happy customer.

I would buy into/convert to Palmera if the company could provide proof not just the salesman words and not just the word of a single (or multiple) shill(s) or even actual customer who also can't offer any proof of the sales of their old deeds- and the price they received, redacted contract from Palmera, evidence of this RCI exchange, etc.

OntarioGuy

Reaction score
I just returned from my trip to Myrtle Beach using my Palmera points and everything worked as it was supposed to. Some of the member on here had me worried that they were going to charge me more points or money. That did not happen and I will be looking to book my next trip in the fall. I will let you know how that works out.
There is apparently a group on here who does not want to learn how to use the program properly even after someone posted a video on how to book for 1000 or less points. Is it perfect? Maybe not,but what timeshare is? It sounds like there are some of Palmeras competition on here trying to bad mouth a company that may have a better program than they have.
I am going to call BS right here right now... I am on the site---using the 1000 point option through Palmera's RCI exchange-=-I have it set at 1000 points or less--and for Nov --not one location in Hilton, ZERO--as well, not a single "smart Stay available at the present time , so please tell me where you booked this, since it sure was not on their website..

OntarioGuy

Reaction score
Contact the SC Attorney General and file a complaint. Palmera is a re-incarnation of Coral Resorts which has a long history of fraudulent selling practices with multiple cases which actually made it to court not just settlement. It may not help but if the AG gets enough complaints maybe something will get done.
Already do have a file opened with the South Carolina Consumer Affairs Department, and I would highly recommend anyone else who has been scammed contact them as well, there is strength in numbers.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coral
This is a scam for sure! I've been scammed for the pas 5 years with coral.. same name as palmera now I walk in in and meet tareek hindi and remember we've already lost 32,000 dollars and he assures us if we do this new deal we can get our money back in 18 months wow we think great but need some assurances so he brings in this guy DK he assures us everything tareek says is the way the new company is doing things!! Guess what should've known when both party's are from different countries not too trust we did and now we're out 12,000 more looking for our money back as promised by both tareek and DK! How this company still runs same policy as coral buyer beware it's a scam for sure!

Ricktug

Reaction score
We own at Island Links. Feel free to reach out to me. I purchased our week second hand and could not be happier with Island Links and all it has offered us for travel needs. Feel free to contact me to discuss

I purchased at Island Links several years ago and have stayed there several times. Have never had a problem with the resort itself. Of course, the value of my timeshare has dropped dramatically just like all timeshares (I didn't purchase 2nd hand). The question I have is do you know of any people with success at renting an Island Links timeshare or even selling one. I have a 3br platinum week in the summer which one would think would be very desirable. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Kwood1065

Reaction score
Same thing has happened to us. We were there last Feb 2017 and they promised us 8000 for our mystic dunes resort in FL as a trade for this one. Told us it was guatanteed and they have a company that sells it for free but if it wasn't sold within 6 months that they would be sending us the check for 8000 that was told to us.
After waiting all this time and making payments of 187.00 a month on the balance I realize my contact is totally different from what we were told at our presentation. I've tried multiple calls and no one will return my calls. I feel absolutely sick. I've owned my other timeshare for over 15 years and never had a problem. I just want to cancel this contract and be done but I don't know what to do or where to turn at this point.