• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2017 HGVC Resorts with the lowest MFs

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I wanted to know which HGVC Resorts have the lowest MFs. To me anyway, this is useful information if wanting to make a purchase purely for points. I used the MFs currently being reported in the sticky with what I believe the best point value possible at the resort. Below are the top 15.

2017 HGVC Resorts with lowest MFs.png

If you see anything that I have missed or mis-calculated, please let me know and I will update.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thanks for putting this together. It would be interesting to know how many of these are still being propped up by developer subsidies, Ocean 22 for sure since its the newest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You have a typo in the Resort name for item #3.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
What is your opinion on Reserves?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Thanks for putting this together. It would be interesting to know how many of these are still being propped up by developer subsidies, Ocean 22 for sure since its the newest.

I would bet Italy is as well. Those are some pretty low fees.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Italy may be affected by the exchange rate. We just returned from Canada and I had to keep reminding myself that everything costs almost 25% less in US dollar terms.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know which HGVC Resorts have the lowest MFs. To me anyway, this is useful information if wanting to make a purchase purely for points. I used the MFs currently being reported in the sticky with what I believe the best point value possible at the resort. Below are the top 15.

View attachment 3062
If you see anything that I have missed or mis-calculated, please let me know and I will update.
I would put an astrix on all the non USD paid MF.

Right now the USD is at or near historic highs against multiple foreign currencies including being at near parity with the Euro.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

The budget included with my MF statement for Kings Land shows a developer subsidy. That is listed as one year agreement that automatically renews until the developer cancels it.

I don't have access to the other budgets, but my guess is that all of the HGVC resorts that still have active sales, and development potential get a subsidy. I am thinking the LV Strip and Parc Soleil , that don't any current construction, but have space / dormant plans for more units get a subsidy.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
The budget included with my MF statement for Kings Land shows a developer subsidy. That is listed as one year agreement that automatically renews until the developer cancels it.

Is this for all 3 phases at KL?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Right now the USD is at or near historic highs against multiple foreign currencies including being at near parity with the Euro.

I agree with your statement. It seems like the 1 Euro was worth about $1.5 just two-three years ago. This is off my memory.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Is this for all 3 phases at KL?

I believe so, it shows under the HOA income section, with no breakdown by phase.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I believe so, it shows under the HOA income section, with no breakdown by phase.
Can you provide the percentage of total being subsidy (or you can PM me the budget report)? I am curious because I have a purchase in progress for KL Phase 1. I purchased because of low cost and low MFs. So I would like to prepare myself for a possible MF percent increase sometime in the future.
Thanks

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
What is your opinion on Reserves?
Of course Reserves are a way to save for future projects at the resort such as painting, roofing, furniture/suite updates. It is a way to help prevent special assessments on MFs when they become necessary. I personally like to have a fairly steady MF cost from year-to-year. That ,for example, is how we have pay our electric bill each month for many years.

I am of course no expert myself on timeshare MFs. My only reason for putting the list together in the first place was to look for the resorts with the lostest MF costs. This to me should be a consideration in purchase of any TS.

Do you have more to your question or maybe an opinion of this subject?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IMG_2178.JPG
Can you provide the percentage of total being subsidy (or you can PM me the budget report)? I am curious because I have a purchase in progress for KL Phase 1. I purchased because of low cost and low MFs. So I would like to prepare myself for a possible MF percent increase sometime in the future.
Thanks

Here is the Revenue section, the total balances with Expenses. I expect it to continue for some time since they have 5 phases planned.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Here is the Revenue section, the total balances with Expenses. I expect it to continue for some time since they have 5 phases planned.

Thanks SmithOp. I am always thankful for the information that I have learned here. I didn't know about the 5 phases for KL either.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks SmithOp. I am always thankful for the information that I have learned here. I didn't know about the 5 phases for KL either.

Here's an old pic of the Waikoloa area thats been floating around here for quite some time, its been discussed a few times. KL will eventually fill in all the way to the golf clubhouse on both sides of the road. Marriott will be converting their property to timeshare, and Hilton is also converting the Ocean Tower at the hotel. Its becoming the Hawaii version of Orlando with all the timeshare development :), expecting huge growth from the Asian market. Unlike Maui, the BI is timeshare friendly.

There is a housing development under construction to the north of KL phase 1, that entrance to the resort was recently opened.

9fd3de14d46dbc400778f31ee78f77ad.jpg

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
2017 HGVC Resorts with the lowest MFs.png

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked up the financial report for 2015 @ HGVC at the boulevard.

That shows that subsidy of 374,538$ was given but also 122,037$ was provided for replacements.

upload_2016-12-20_10-58-37.png

NOTE 9 - RELATED PARTY TRANSACTIONS (Continued)

The Developer’s obligation under this subsidy agreement for the year ended December 31, 2015, was $122,037 for replacement. As of December 31, 2015, $4,065 was due to the Developer for overpayment of assessments. As of December 31, 2015, the Developer owned 746 ownership interests based on year 2015 occupancy.

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 3067

Coylumbridge - I own several units and the average for 7000 points was $640 US. This included my credit card fees. All of my weeks were 7000 point weeks.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Update to spreadsheet!!!!!

2017 HGVC with the lowest MFs.png

Last edited:

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
My coylumbridge statement for 2017 for a 2 BR that i recently bought resale is 561 pounds => $689 based on the low exchange rate today 1 pound=1.23 dollars (not including credit card fees). Even if Mattnday's is lower, #2 on the spreadsheet is likely inaccurate at $578.56

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
A great and useful idea!

I want to add a couple of comments (it's the accountant in me!! (lol): Your ratio calculation is correct in the final column. However, the final column should properly be titled "MFs/Point", since you are measuring the maintenance fee costs divided by the points (for a ratio of the MFs per point), not the ratio of the points per MF dollar. You are not alone...many people get the naming of ratios reversed.

Also, you have not included the Ocean 22 1-bdrm plus unit on your list. With 2017 maintenance fees of $719.23 and points of 6200, it works out to a ratio of .1160, which places it after the Ocean 22 2-bdrm plus, but just edging out the 3-bdrm plus.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
A great and useful idea!

I want to add a couple of comments (it's the accountant in me!! (lol): Your ratio calculation is correct in the final column. However, the final column should properly be titled "MFs/Point", since you are measuring the maintenance fee costs divided by the points (for a ratio of the MFs per point), not the ratio of the points per MF dollar. You are not alone...many people get the naming of ratios reversed.

Also, you have not included the Ocean 22 1-bdrm plus unit on your list. With 2017 maintenance fees of $719.23 and points of 6200, it works out to a ratio of .1160, which places it after the Ocean 22 2-bdrm plus, but just edging out the 3-bdrm plus.

Thanks for the comments.

It has been updated.

Last edited:

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
My coylumbridge statement for 2017 for a 2 BR that i recently bought resale is 561 pounds => $689 based on the low exchange rate today 1 pound=1.23 dollars (not including credit card fees). Even if Mattnday's is lower, #2 on the spreadsheet is likely inaccurate at $578.56
My fees for 2 bedroom are 480 pounds for 2017