• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2018 Kauai Trip all Booked.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I went over to my son's after work today to book our airfare for our Vegas trip next month and I checked for Hawaii flights too. I was really surprised that there were great times for the cheap milage flights on United.

So , the Kauai trip is all booked 90,000 miles for our two round trip tickets and we get there at 5pm. I'm a happy camper and we really enjoy going in May. Luckily, I have Vegas and New Orleans in the mean time.:D

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree, May is my favorite time to go. We are going end of Sept/early Oct this year. The days just seem so much shorter in the fall

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We usually fly first class on Alaska Air and spend one night each way at an airport hotel on the west coast. I've been watching the fares as they keep going up, and finally found a way to save money for a trip next February. This week I booked 5 different segments (MSP -> SEA -> LIH -> OGG -> SFO -> MSP) on 4 different airlines (Alaska, Delta, Hawaiian, and Sun Country) using frequent flyer miles from 3 different airlines to pay for part of the cost. It's the most complicated booking I've ever done, but it saved 38%. The flight times worked out good too because DW doesn't like to get up too early or arrive too late.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Getting good times is difficult with the cheaper mileage flights. My wife is the same way with times. That's why we were all over this flight. Leaving at 9am and arriving at 5pm is great for us.

We've been there during all months but the summer months and May is our favorite. We were just talking about 2019 and may try June during my birthday and Father's day. Kids will be out of school but we're ready to give it a try.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's hoping both of you get to keep the itineraries!

Sheesh, seems it never fails that once we get a great line-up, the airlines shuffle the plans on us. Grrr.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Here's hoping both of you get to keep the itineraries!

Sheesh, seems it never fails that once we get a great line-up, the airlines shuffle the plans on us. Grrr.
Happens to us just about every year. That's one of the reasons we like spending a night on the west cost. If a flight time gets changed or delayed, it doesn't matter as long as it isn't canceled.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've only had one flight time change where it really affected us. I called them because it was a significant change and they were able to get me my original flight times back. Makes me wonder why they were changed.:ponder:

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Alaska is our go to airline, but prices are creeping up overall. Maybe United's vast increase in routes will moderate the increases.
Prefer no to fly United tho.

WishinIwasFishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagonita Lodge, Pono Kai
We just spent two weeks at Pono Kai in Kauai last June, and it was fabulous! It was an incredible family trip that I will remember forever! First time to Kauai for all of us! We had a third-floor ocean front unit that has recently been remodeled and it was very nice! Loved getting up to watch the sunrise on the ocean every morning. Very special times!