• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

6/30. Any size. San Francisco or Napa

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
May 12, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
need one night in San Francisco or Napa Valley (or near Bay Area) on the night of 6/30 to visit daughter in Bay Area on the way to Tahoe. Any size unit.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Good luck. $100/night, or less, is going to be very hard to find in San Francisco (and probably also Napa) this late and during the summer. I tried using Trivago just to get a sense of hotel room availability and there is nothing under $100. About the least is around $150 for a decent place and location. There is also a Holiday Inn in Napa for $139.

Where exactly does your daughter live? It might be cheaper if you stay in that area.

Last edited:

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it works out, I'm happy; if it doesn't, that's fine also and she will come visit us for the week I'm in Tahoe.

I actually own at Inn at the Opera in SF and I can get random nights. But not this time. I was surprised to see someone offer 3 nights there in the last minute forum given that the maintenance fees are over $1100. But then someone also was offering their NYC reservation in this forum. Someone even gave away their remaining nights in New Orleans....

So will keep my fingers crossed that it works out.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
It's probably more difficult since it's the weekend leading into Fourth of July. :) But, as you said, something may come up and if you know you'll see her in Tahoe, then you're set. :thumbup:

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I just checked Club Donatello - nothing available. Sorry. (I have some nights to use...)

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried Priceline this time. I had tried Pricelinene for the few nights I needed in Vegas and noticed that besides taxes and Priceline fees, there are significant Resort fees as well. In the end I didn't think Priceline would have saved me that much. Luckily for Vegas something else worked out but I HAD to be there. This is a totally optional stop. And actually just saw my lovely older daughter at the younger daughter's graduation this weekend. Which is weird, but only made me realize how much I miss these girls.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried Priceline this time. I had tried Pricelinene for the few nights I needed in Vegas and noticed that besides taxes and Priceline fees, there are significant Resort fees as well. In the end I didn't think Priceline would have saved me that much. Luckily for Vegas something else worked out but I HAD to be there. This is a totally optional stop. And actually just saw my lovely older daughter at the younger daughter's graduation this weekend. Which is weird, but only made me realize how much I miss these girls.
Did you use name your price? When I used the name my price, what I specified was exactly what I paid.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did use "Name my Price". The fees and all the taxes get added to your bid. So you start with one amount for your bid and then your "price" you're willing to pay goes much higher. But to be fair, you do get to see what the total fees and thus what your total amount of the bid is, before clicking to "Place my bid."

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did use "Name my Price". The fees and all the taxes get added to your bid. So you start with one amount for your bid and then your "price" you're willing to pay goes much higher. But to be fair, you do get to see what the total fees and thus what your total amount of the bid is, before clicking to "Place my bid."
They must have changed it. I used it about 4 to 5 years ago for 2 hotel rooms in Las Vegas. I bid $50 per room, and Southpoint took my bid and the bill was still $50 per room.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mandatory resort fees have become the standard for Vegas hotels (and many others as well!) Its such a crock! Nothing more than a way to advertise a deceptively low price.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
No longer needed, thank you everyone. TUGGer came through with a great rate for Vino Bello.

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
May 12, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day