• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC Motion Sensors at Grande Vista

Marykate77

Reaction score
I was at Grande Vista, about two weeks ago. There were no sensors on the air. In fact they were both set to 68 degrees when we arrived. It was nice and cold in the rooms. And the temps outside were 98 that week!

Wow, really! That's awesome. Thank you for reporting back

It seems there have been some refurbishments...were you in a renovated unit? If I could also ask, what floor were you on?

Marykate77

Reaction score
If I could ask another question...are there ceiling fans in the units?

GM600

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld (Orlando)
HGVC on the Boulevard (Las Vegas)
Marriott’s Grande Vista
Wow, really! That's awesome. Thank you for reporting back

It seems there have been some refurbishments...were you in a renovated unit? If I could also ask, what floor were you on?
I was in building 91, 2nd floor, end unit.
I'm not sure if it was renovated or not. It didn't have the banquet table, but the chairs were the same. Everything was great.

If I could ask another question...are there ceiling fans in the units?
Yes there were ceiling fans over both beds

Marykate77

Reaction score
I was in building 91, 2nd floor, end unit.
I'm not sure if it was renovated or not. It didn't have the banquet table, but the chairs were the same. Everything was great.

Yes there were ceiling fans over both beds

Great! Thank you. Glad to hear they have ceiling fans too. I read that DVC and the Disney hotels are taking them out which seems crazy to me

Thanks again!!

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
That's great that you have had luck getting them deactivated. I have not had any luck at DVC even after repeated visits to the front desk. They just lie and say they did it. I also hate thinking I have to go into a vacation and deal with this.

I have never talked to the Front Desk about the thermostat issues, I don't know if all of FD would know about them or not. I just call engineering and ask them to please override the sensors where the thermostat stays where I set it. :) It is SO hot & humid in Florida, sleeping is impossible for me if it is humid in the room at all at night. Hopefully you won't have any issues, Marykate77!

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Give this a try.....supposedly puts it in VIP mode, giving you full control like in the old days.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Give this a try.....supposedly puts it in VIP mode, giving you full control like in the old days.
Here's another: Override Motion in SensorStat-DDC You press power and down arrow at same time to bypass sensor for 24 hours. We should get people to take a picture of the type of thermostat at each location, so we can find these tricks for various resorts.

Marykate77

Reaction score
I have never talked to the Front Desk about the thermostat issues, I don't know if all of FD would know about them or not. I just call engineering and ask them to please override the sensors where the thermostat stays where I set it. :) It is SO hot & humid in Florida, sleeping is impossible for me if it is humid in the room at all at night. Hopefully you won't have any issues, Marykate77!

Is there a way to call Engineering directly?

Thanks!

Marykate77

Reaction score
A lot of those hacks don't work anymore unfortunately at least at DVC. They made them hack-proof, even the balloon trick doesn't work in a lot of them :( I will keep in mind though, you never know!

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Is there a way to call Engineering directly?

Yes. There's a button on the phone in your room/villa. I can't recall if it's called "Maintenance" or Engineering. If that's not there you can always call Housekeeping and ask them to connect you to Engineering for a maintenance issue. Pretty sure I've always just pushed the appropriate button on the phone and got right to them. I truly have done this numerous times, both at DVC and at MMOC & have always found engineering to be very helpful.

Only time that was kind of odd was when the Poly Villas first opened and we were staying, I did the usual drill where as soon as I get in the room I pick up the phone and call. Engineering came pretty quickly but the thermostats were so new to the engineering staff that the guy actually brought an instruction sheet to know how to override it. :ponder: It took him a bit, but it worked! :cheer: