• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That may work but I am trying my best to follow the rules Wyndham has set up. Even if Wyndham is not.

Then, as BigRob noted earlier, it is imperative that you keep accurate records of the failure on Wyndham's part to respond to the valid requests you have made to the phone number and email address they have required that you use. His notation of each time you leave a message, to follow up with an email will provide a digital "paper trail" that will go a long way toward validating your claims.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but sometimes your approach here gives a perception of you being uncooperative with Wyndham, or being unrealistic in your expectations of what Wyndham will need to do to make you satisfied. I would strongly suggest as I have been told in the past, "be the most reasonable person in the room" when there is a conflict to be resolved. I also understand the cathartic benefit of "venting" that this blog provides, so if you are simply blowing off steam, we understand.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then, as BigRob noted earlier, it is imperative that you keep accurate records of the failure on Wyndham's part to respond to the valid requests you have made to the phone number and email address they have required that you use. His notation of each time you leave a message, to follow up with an email will provide a digital "paper trail" that will go a long way toward validating your claims.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but sometimes your approach here gives a perception of you being uncooperative with Wyndham, or being unrealistic in your expectations of what Wyndham will need to do to make you satisfied. I would strongly suggest as I have been told in the past, "be the most reasonable person in the room" when there is a conflict to be resolved. I also understand the cathartic benefit of "venting" that this blog provides, so if you are simply blowing off steam, we understand.

From an occasional casual observer of this thread, very well said...

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

This is good advice. I have felt the same thing when reading some of the posts.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I wondered when/if the point accounting problems at Wyndham would manifest themselves at Worldmark by Wyndham. Earlier today this was posted on the Worldmark Facebook group: "Check your credit balances, my renewal month is January and I was posted double! When I called, they said there had been some issues, and that some folks did not receive their credits at all."

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I follow up phone calls that go unanswered and unreturned with e-mails that Wyndham does not respond to. Everything is well documented as it looks like that will be needed going forward.

I am very co-operative but stand up for my ownership and rights. It may be the culture of timeshares ownership overall where most owners do not do that which makes me stand out.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wondered when/if the point accounting problems at Wyndham would manifest themselves at Worldmark by Wyndham. Earlier today this was posted on the Worldmark Facebook group: "Check your credit balances, my renewal month is January and I was posted double! When I called, they said there had been some issues, and that some folks did not receive their credits at all."

They are two completely separate IT systems with completely different accounting rules. They only share the commonality that they are points systems. And an apparently lacking Wyndham IT department. But the algorithms and code would be incompatible between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
The parties have satisfactorily resolved their differences
Ron,
I am glad you reached a "satisfactory" solution. I too would like to be in that situation but do not know how to get Wyndham to start communicating again with me. They are not responding to my messages. Can you share a point of contact / email / phone number? I have online access to my account but was told I could not sell any of my contracts to someone else. That does not seem fair, or legal.
Thanks,
DB

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,
I am glad you reached a "satisfactory" solution. I too would like to be in that situation but do not know how to get Wyndham to start communicating again with me. They are not responding to my messages. Can you share a point of contact / email / phone number? I have online access to my account but was told I could not sell any of my contracts to someone else. That does not seem fair, or legal.
Thanks,
DB

heres an email I got on Aug 23, 2016 from MBX-AcctInfo@wyn.com

Acting in our capacity as manager for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus, we have identified unusual activity on your account. We are currently in the process of reviewing and reconciling your account. During this period, your account is suspended. Please contact us at 877-298-2027 if you have any questions.

When I left a message on that phone line or sent an email to that email address ...I got an answer

and when a phone meeting was scheduled, They called

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
heres an email I got on Aug 23, 2016 from MBX-AcctInfo@wyn.com

Acting in our capacity as manager for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus, we have identified unusual activity on your account. We are currently in the process of reviewing and reconciling your account. During this period, your account is suspended. Please contact us at 877-298-2027 if you have any questions.

When I left a message on that phone line or sent an email to that email address ...I got an answer

and when a phone meeting was scheduled, They called

That's the current problem, Ron. The rest of us don't get a return call or email.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's the current problem, Ron. The rest of us don't get a return call or email.

but you did get some action.. you can use your account and take your group on vacation.. What more is there to talk about?

Sure I get regular calls and emails and even face to face meetings but I am still locked out of my accounts... I would much prefer to be in your position... (not Adam's)

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
but you did get some action.. you can use your account and take your group on vacation.. What more is there to talk about?
Sure I get regular calls and emails and even face to face meetings but I am still locked out of my accounts... I would much prefer to be in your position... (not Adam's)
Good point, Ron. While it is better to be in operation, it is the lingering unease of an unresolved situation that hangs over the rest of us. When the first communication (interview) gathered data from us and provided us with an anticipated time frame of "two weeks or less" to resolve the matter; now we are FIVE MONTHS into it, with absolutely no updates since September or October for most impacted owners.

And, I would guess that you have stopped paying maintenance fees long ago; we are still expected to pony up the cash on the 9th of each month. Which means I will be getting an invoice tomorrow.

I guess it is not a choice of "who has it worse?" but rather "why so long, and why no updates?" NONE. ZILCH. NADA.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point, Ron. While it is better to be in operation, it is the lingering unease of an unresolved situation that hangs over the rest of us. When the first communication (interview) gathered data from us and provided us with an anticipated time frame of "two weeks or less" to resolve the matter; now we are FIVE MONTHS into it, with absolutely no updates since September or October for most impacted owners.

And, I would guess that you have stopped paying maintenance fees long ago; we are still expected to pony up the cash on the 9th of each month. Which means I will be getting an invoice tomorrow.

I guess it is not a choice of "who has it worse?" but rather "why so long, and why no updates?" NONE. ZILCH. NADA.

I think they are dealing with us in groups ie similar cases get treated similarly and at the same time..
Im betting that they are dealing with one group at a time, and when they finish with one they move on to another. Im not saying Im special but do think that the group Im part of took them a lot longer to resolve than they expected.

Sorry

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they are dealing with us in groups ie similar cases get treated similarly and at the same time..
Im betting that they are dealing with one group at a time, and when they finish with one they move on to another. Im not saying Im special but do think that the group Im part of took them a lot longer to resolve than they expected.

Sorry

Ron you don't owe any of us an apology. We appreciate your posts and your perspectives.

What we don't appreciate is Wyndham's glacier like speed. Why can't they deal with all groups at the same time? Or if they can't why aren't they respectful enough to reach out to each impacted owner once a week with an update? Their treatment of us speaks to their contempt for all owners. We are simply a money source. Nothing more.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron you don't owe any of us an apology. We appreciate your posts and your perspectives.

What we don't appreciate is Wyndham's glacier like speed. Why can't they deal with all groups at the same time? Or if they can't why aren't they respectful enough to reach out to each impacted owner once a week with an update? Their treatment of us speaks to their contempt for all owners. We are simply a money source. Nothing more.

Very true. I have suffered many thousands of dollars in real damages because of this and stuff before this.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Quote: I will say that with absolute certainty Wyndham's system is not the only system with the problem of unlimited manufacture point of points. Alas I have said too much already. End quote
TeleiosMan,

Uh oh, say it isn't so. What other system?

TeleiosMan

Reaction score
Quote: I will say that with absolute certainty Wyndham's system is not the only system with the problem of unlimited manufacture point of points. Alas I have said too much already. End quote
TeleiosMan,

Uh oh, say it isn't so. What other system?

I had a change of heart and deleted my post, but not before you could respond to it. <Another system> had a similar issue last year that caused a bit of inconvenience and heartburn to what I would suppose is a miniscule number owners. They did not outright freeze accounts or invoke a de facto death penalty like they are prosecuting against am1, but certain account functionality was limited during the time that they were addressing this IT issue. I will not speak more on this topic. Thank you.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are any other owners able to add guest names to reservations after the day of check in? Wyndham says that is no longer possible. Frustrating when I call and leave messages asking for a call back and that does not happen. Then when I get through they tell me it is too late but no consideration that it was Wyndham who did not contact me in time to get it done.

I have provided an international number and have not recieved a call back. While speaking to an owner care rep from a us line I asked about international numbers and told it was possible. I provided the number with country code and was suppose to get a test call right away. No call and no follow up contact by e-mail or us number. Does not seem right Wyndham cannot call international numbers. I can call from a us number but call back there are a lot tougher. I do not have all day to wait around for call or more time then not, no call at all.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What were the terms you were offered?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing concrete was ever offered.

TeleiosMan

Reaction score
Nothing concrete was ever offered.

Something else to ponder hypothetically. What if the "offer" (demand) for a normalised account is tens of thousands of dollars in back fees for the manufactured points that were "stolen" from Wyndham?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something else to ponder hypothetically. What if the "offer" (demand) for a normalised account is tens of thousands of dollars in back fees for the manufactured points that were "stolen" from Wyndham?
There is big difference between the two.
One is negotiable. Since no "or" contained in your post, I'm assuming they are one in the same. But I thought the other option might be or just leave.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are any other owners able to add guest names to reservations after the day of check in? Wyndham says that is no longer possible.
Yes just did it on Sunday. I called OC to add a guest name for a reservation that started the previous day. She said it was too late. I mentioned that I had been able to do this previously. She put me on hold and said she would try. After a bit of a hold, she came back and said that she had called the resort and confirmed they still had the reservation intact. She then added the guest name, sent the email to the resort, put me on hold again, and called the resort again to make sure they received the update. Took her about 40 minutes, but she did get it accomplished.

Reactions: am1
Status
Not open for further replies.