• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

lcml11

Reaction score
That they were one and the same was known years ago, like 2011 I think, but I suppose folks forgot.

You are right, I have not hidden this fact and, by the way, Ron knew this to.

I do not know what the hidden agenda is.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
True, but checking it periodically is now habit hoping for new information on whether there has been resolution, which thus far, has not happened except for a single poster and Ron, who is more "settled" than " resolved."
That could be a semantics thing however.

Continues to be extremely disturbing it has gone on this long.

I suppose it depends on how you define your terms.. but i would say my situation is resolved, but not yet settled

lcml11

Reaction score
Yes, I got a notification that he quoted my post, and then it was not there when I went to look. It makes it seem like we are all talking to ourselves.

Edit - I've just found out that ignoring some users results in seeing the post with a note "You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content", while some other users don't display the post at all. It makes my post here seem pretty strange in context of the full thread.

Your edit is noted, I did not delete my posts. Sometimes I will use the edit feature to add information.

I can be sent off to your ignor user again.

By the way, I have heard that talking to oneself is not a problem, just when you start answer back is.

Ops, I guess I just quoted your post again.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
scootr5 said:
Ron, you interrupted - I thought we'd get lcml11 answering rr's post. :)
Na, he is OK. As some astute observers noticed in other threads, lcml11 is my alter ego. The lcml11 was only working on and off this morning for me. I think Ron knew this.

Ron, thanks for the tip, I will try it.

lcml11, Jul 28, 2013

Both Ron and scootr5 new rrlongwell and lcm11 were the same person a long time ago.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Both Ron and scootr5 new rrlongwell and lcm11 were the same person a long time ago.

What am I missing? If this is Robert, why does the "real name" field say it's Laura? Why the disguise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on how you define your terms.. but i would say my situation is resolved, but not yet settled
So, two resolved, one of which is once again a fully functional account and the other not functional but pending settlement.

Better?

Just trying to keep track, not prying.

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
What am I missing? If this is Robert, why does the "real name" field say it's Laura? Why the disguise?
WJ, there is a whole history with RRL (aka Robert, RRLongwell, lcm11) and it has nothing to do wtih the OT of this thread. The guys are obsessing about identity, you're not missing anything of any signifigant consequence related to this thread.

Any new update on your suspension status? How are you holding up?

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score

No disguise. My wife and I have multiple screen names under both verizon and outlook. The screen names are used by either one of use. The threads have show, as it relates to TUG, the poster is me and not my wife. I not sure what this multiyear investigation by certain TUG posters has to do with anything.

Hopefully others are not "under investigation" by certain TUG Posters.

In the past, I have had problems making my info correct in TUG, I gave up trying. I hope this post brings the multi-year investigation to a close.

lcml11

Reaction score
WJ, there is a whole history with RRL (aka Robert, RRLongwell, lcm11) and it has nothing to do wtih the OT of this thread. The guys are obsessing about identity, you're not missing anything of any signifigant consequence related to this thread.

You are right.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

No update at all. A few days from hitting my six month anniversary of my account suspension.

Basically my suspensions has lasted longer than one of Kim Kardashian's marriages.

Frustration is still high but has reached a point of being more surreal. The first two weeks were angst ridden. I couldn't sleep well due to worry. Now it's drug out so long that it's almost comical. I've got to figure once a Wyndham rep contacts me to reconcile he or she is going to have to be hugely embarrassed and ashamed.

lcml11

Reaction score
No update at all. A few days from hitting my six month anniversary of my account suspension.

Basically my suspensions has lasted longer than one of Kim Kardashian's marriages.

Frustration is still high but has reached a point of being more surreal. The first two weeks were angst ridden. I couldn't sleep well due to worry. Now it's drug out so long that it's almost comical. I've got to figure once a Wyndham rep contacts me to reconcile he or she is going to have to be hugely embarrassed and ashamed.

Wish you and Ron well on getting a solution.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, two resolved, one of which is once again fully functional and the other not functional but pending settlement.

Better?

I'm good I just wanted to clarify, as much as I can, where I am

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

I would not count on a Wyndham rep being hugely embarrassed or ashamed. Remember, all actions taken by Wyndham to this point have indicated a bias in the corporate thinking that this points discrepancy is somehow YOUR fault.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not count on a Wyndham rep being hugely embarrassed or ashamed. Remember, all actions taken by Wyndham to this point have indicated a bias in the corporate thinking that this points discrepancy is somehow YOUR fault.

Good observation. Perhaps the embarrassment will emanate from the fact it's taken six months. Tom Brady hadn't started his four game suspension when this debacle started, and now he won his fifth Super Bowl. And entire NFL football season has come and gone and still this episode trudges on.

lcml11

Reaction score
Good observation. Perhaps the embarrassment will emanate from the fact it's taken six months. Tom Brady hadn't started his four game suspension when this debacle started, and now he won his fifth Super Bowl. And entire NFL football season has come and gone and still this episode trudges on.

For those people who have not worked it out with Wyndham by now may be faced with it not working out. Wyndham may have just moved on.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score

As irritating as that statement is, it's sadly probably true and is reflective of WYN disparaging attutude toward owners in general.

For those people who have not worked it out with Wyndham by now may be faced with it not working out. Wyndham may have just moved on.
Ummm... that makes no sense and is unlikely since WYN initiated the suspensions in the first place.

At some point they have to CLOSE the audit. They cannot keep an owner, who is paying ongoing MF's and keeping their account in good standing financially, permanetly suspended. The owner is paying for services they are NOT getting "in good faith" -- at some point a reconciliation or settlement will need to happen. These owners have contracts that are deeded or, at the very least (CWA) says "in exchange for my MF WYN gives me XX points/yr to use in their system for travel and travel services.". (yadda yadda paraphrasing here). To put them in a perma-hold indefinitely that includes payment without service becomes breach of contract.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rob, in the final analysis, how do you think WYN will be able to make it the Owners fault for their poor accounting and system problems? With a few exceptions, like Ron who has openly stated he abused and took advantage of the loopholes in the system, many of the suspended owners are just owners using the system as they were instructed to do based on the information provided to them by Wyndham. There was no overt attempt to snake the system or intent to damage Wyn. Some even attempted to identify the problem by contacting Wyn and pointing out the discrepancies, which reflects a considerable amount of good ethics. As a counter response, they get suspended and put on perma-hold with no communication while still being required to continue to pay MF's to keep their account in good standing.

Where in that process has the owner shown "fault?"

Not attacking you personally but interested in the potential circular logic that could be devised to justify fault in these scenarios.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, two resolved, one of which is once again a fully functional account and the other not functional but pending settlement.

Better?

True, but checking it periodically is now habit hoping for new information on whether there has been resolution, which thus far, has not happened except for a single poster and Ron, who is more "settled" than " resolved."
That could be a semantics thing however.

Continues to be extremely disturbing it has gone on this long.

Major status change regarding my situation happened today. Although there are a few loose ends to tie down, it would be more correct than not to use the word "settled"

lcml11

Reaction score
As irritating as that statement is, it's sadly probably true and is reflective of WYN disparaging attutude toward owners in general.

Ummm... that makes no sense and is unlikely since WYN initiated the suspensions in the first place.

At some point they have to CLOSE the audit. They cannot keep an owner, who is paying ongoing MF's and keeping their account in good standing financially, permanetly suspended. The owner is paying for services they are NOT getting "in good faith" -- at some point a reconciliation or settlement will need to happen. These owners have contracts that are deeded or, at the very least (CWA) says "in exchange for my MF WYN gives me XX points/yr to use in their system for travel and travel services.". (yadda yadda paraphrasing here). To put them in a perma-hold indefinitely that includes payment without service becomes breach of contract.

Actually, page 394 lays out reasons for denial of services. For the identified items, the decision, under the wording of the paragraph, to restrict services is the sole and reasonable discretion of Wyndham. I have first hand knowledge of a member who had a restriction that has been in effect for many many years with no apparent chance of it ever being eliminated.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1415/#/410

The words of a person that knows about Wyndham:

Heres the thing,

"I dont like the fact that i had to pay maintenance fees during the suspension, but also understand that I only had to pay fees for what I owned. I didnt have to pay fees on the "extra" points. (Im calling points that didnt flow from contracts I own, "extra") . The key word in my last sentence is "own" As an owner I have to pay my fair share of what what I own, whether Im able use it for a period of time, makes no difference."

The only thing I would also observe is that if a suspension lasts long enough the points could expire. Then the issue becomes whether or not Wyndham would make good on the lost points."

The term reasonable, when the day is done, may have to be determined by a court.

If anyone had the suspension in effect at the end of their use year, were points lost?

Here is what another poster said: "I do not know that when I am able to cancel reservations the points are not going back to where they should be going. Right now it is a small problem but when those points expire in September it will be a big problem." This is as of February 9.

Not being able to cancel reservations in a timely manner, I would think, be a problem. I am assuming this reservation points would just be lost.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
Major status change regarding my situation happened today. Although there are a few loose ends to tie down, it would be more correct than not to use the word "settled"

Hopefully for the better and use rights have been restored.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone had the suspension in effect at the end of their use year, were points lost?
Robert, you have at least 30+ pages of catchup reading to do on this thread. That issue has already been discussed.

Also, vague references to "first hand knowlege" kinda disapates in the wind. "A" single restriction is not the same as a fully suspended account.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
GTK that shift happens for some and here's to wishing that your major change is to your best benefit given the circumstances.

Modify status... 1 resolved, 1 settled (almost). 198+/- to go?

lcml11

Reaction score
Rob, in the finale analysis, how do you think WYN will be able to make it the Owners fault for their poor accounting and system problems? With a few exceptions, like Ron who has openly stated he abused and took advantage of the loopholes in the system, many of the suspended owners are just owners using the system as they were instructed to do based on the information provided to them by Wyndham. There was no overt attempt to snake the system or intent to damage Wyn. Some even attempted to identify the problem by contacting Wyn and pointing out the discrepancies, which reflects a considerable amount of good ethics. As a counter response, they get suspended and put on perma-hold with no communication while still being required to continue to pay MF's to keep their account in good standing.

Where in that process has the owner shown "fault?"

Not attacking you personally but interested in the potential circular logic that could be devised to justify fault in these scenarios.

The logic appears to be simple, it appears to be up to them when to suspend or not, at least in the early rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.