• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adding more credits to worldmark???

SyS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
How hard is it to buy on eBay or ???and what is the difference between resale worldmark and developer worldmark? I bought into WM almost 20 years ago- only 6k credits (in college then) and have used it over the years to Lake Tahoe last minute or a week every other year using the WM inventory to Hawaii or Mexico. However, I am thinking about adding more credits, and don't know how resale works. Would it be added to what I already have? Or is it two different accounts? Any advice?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
It will be your choice to have it all in one WM Account or separate Accounts. There are pluses and minuses to each choice. If in one account your maintenance fees are less per Point. Separate Accounts allow you for more Bonus Time and other similar options. Go to www.owners.com. There are several discussions on this issue. If you decide to have in one account try and get them consolidated at the time of purchase so you do not have to buy a second $299.00 fee later to consolidate.

I have bought several WM Accounts on EBAY. Like everything else some go smoothly and some do not. Some of the Brokers want the $299 WM transfer fee plus several hundred dollars for Closing and Escrow.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Developer credits give you a few things you can't get with resale. It's up to you to decide if the big cost difference is worth it.

First off, with either resale or developer credits you can stay in any WM (US program) resorts to the extent you have sufficient credits. They have very nice resorts and I think they are up to around 90 and includes some resorts in Canada, Mexico and Fiji. You will not be treated any different at these resorts based on where your credits came from.

There are however, some other things you can't do with resale credits.

You can't book Worldmark South Pacific or Brasil (Australia, New Zealand and Brazil). These are separate organizations that have reciprocal agreements that are set by the developer and are not something that you have a right to just by owning WM credits.

You can't use your resale credits to use the internal Wyndham Club Pass to stay in Club Wyndham resorts. The bulk (but not all) of these are in the NW and Eastern US while the bulk of WM are in the West.

And last but not least, you cannot participate in TravelShare which lets you use you credits for a variety of non timeshare things like airfare, rental cars, etc.

Frankly, I think resale is a great deal but there are a number of differences between resale and developer credits.

SyS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Thank you for the detailed explanation. This helps a lot.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have both Developer Points and resell Points. We have them in one Account #. The system keeps track of your Points by type WM (resell) WTS (Developer Points with Travelshare Benefits). When you make a Reservation the Computer first draws from the Points with the soonest expiration date. If same expiration date the Computer normally draws WM Points first and then WTS Points. Sometimes there is a glitch and you have to call to get Points moved around. We have made 3 trips to New Zealand and Australia over the past 6.5 years so the WTS Points can be useful. You can travel down under with out Travelshare by making a trade through II, RCI, Trading Places, etc. It involves a few more steps. But then we started buying Points in 2002 and bought most of our Developer Points during the last recession with last purchase of Developer Points in February 2013 when there were good deals from the Developer to help move many years of the foreclosed Points. So our average cost was low.

SyS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
This is so helpful! Do your maintenance fees get merged too?

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
This is so helpful! Do your maintenance fees get merged too?

If you put all your points in one account then your MF are based on the total number of points (regardless of whether resale or developer).

Another good thing to know, is that WM assesses MF on point ranges (every 2500 points). So, for example, 17,501 to 20,000 points pays the same MF.

justcrwncoke

Reaction score
If you put all your points in one account then your MF are based on the total number of points (regardless of whether resale or developer).

Another good thing to know, is that WM assesses MF on point ranges (every 2500 points). So, for example, 17,501 to 20,000 points pays the same MF.

hello. I finaly found a thread that almost answers my question. Thank you!! I know it’s an old thread but figured I’d try to revive the thread.
situation. I bought 6k resale points in 2004. So I have points that are eligble for travel share if I bump up to 3rd gen points. Then all the resale points get converted to 3rd gen. So.......we purchased 6k points at a little discount during a owner update. I know many will say to rescind but this was the decision, and to each their own. I think the only benefit of this purchase was getting the Wyndham card, club pass, and it opens up RCI without a separate membership.

question. so moving forward with a potential future purchase of resell points, does WM differentiate when booking or when utilizing the combined points?

Meaning if I now have travelshare 3rd gen points, but need more points for a longer stay,

1. will WM say the future non travelshare resale points won’t work the same because I only have 12k of TS points that will count towards stay. The other resell points don’t have the same type, And can’t be used for xxxxxxxx.

I keep adding to this reply as I’m curious what happens in real world life examples when u combine TS points and resell points, and if any one had issues by doing this and how you navigated the mixture Of points. I’m thinking The future resell purchase will still go under my original account number.

thank you.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You will not be able to use your resale points for South Pacific, Club Pass or other developer restricted uses. You can always book WM resorts. Note that the credits shuffle always uses the most restricted points first for regular WM reservations leaving your less restricted points available.