TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Another Airline is Offering $69 Flights to Europe

Discussion in 'Vacation Travel Information' started by MULTIZ321, Jan 10, 2017.

1. MULTIZ321

MULTIZ321 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
    ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
    Another Airline is Offering $69 Flights to Europe
    By Jessica Plautz and Melanie Lieberman/ Travel + Leisure/ Europe/ Fortune/ Travel/ fortune.com

"This article previously appeared on TravelandLeisure.com.

Following an announcement by budget carrier Norwegian Air that $69 flights from the U.S. to Europe would become a reality in 2017, WOW Air on Tuesday beat them to the punch with flights from Los Angeles and San Francisco to Stockholm; Copenhagen; Bristol, England; and Edinburgh, Scotland, for $69.99.“Other airlines have been talking about offering these fares,” WOW Air said in a statement. “But Iceland’s WOW air is actually doing it.” ...."

[​IMG]
    Karl Dittlbacher/ Salzburg/ WOW Air (TF-GPA)/ Airbus A321

Richard

2. Egret1986

Egret1986 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

All I can say is WOW!

3. LannyPC

LannyPC TUG Member

That does seem like a good price, almost too good to be true, which raises a number of questions:

Does WOW compensate for low fares with high baggage fees (checked and/or carry-on)?
    Is it like Ryan Air that charges to use the toilets?
    Will it nickel-and-dime passengers for other things like what Spirit, Allegiant, and Frontier Airlines do?
    Ho comfortable and roomy are the seats?
    Is that price for all flights on those routes or just on days and times that very few people want?
    I'm assuming that that price is one way. Is it the same price for the return leg or will that be significantly higher?

I'm not saying it's not a good deal. It's just that in the airline industry, it seems there is always a catch to these low fares.

4. VacationForever

VacationForever TUG Member

Standing room only, no food and no bathrooms? LOL (Tongue in Cheek.);)

5. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    My experience with LCC's is that there's often an offset in passenger comfort, like -0- pitch or rock-hard seats.

6. Pompey Family

Pompey Family Guest

Ryanair have never charged to use the toilets! There was a tongue in cheek comment a while ago by the CEO of Ryanair about charging for toilets but that was simply a publicity stunt because his face hadn't been in the papers for a couple of days.

7. bobpark56

bobpark56 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

WOW does charge for checked bags.

8. jehb2

jehb2 TUG Member

Ryanair had tickets for about $100 for Rome to Edinburgh. But I would have had to pay about $130 (x2) for each of my daughters violins. My daughters were little at the time. Their violins were so small that both violins together fit under one seat and they weighed next to nothing.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  9. LannyPC

LannyPC TUG Member

Oops! My mistake. Maybe I misread a report. But it does still make one wonder what WOW airlines will do to compensate for low fares.:ponder:

10. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    IME, LCC's use less comfortable seats with little padding.
    They'd use plastic patio chairs or used school bus seats, if the FAA would let them.